Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trevor Birch appointed as advisor to the board and owner

+18
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hip Priest
Sluffy
FullofSprite
terenceanne
wanderlust
gloswhite
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
NickFazer
wessy
Soul Kitchen
rammywhite
Chairmanda
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have this funny feeling in my bones that once we are bought out, Gartside will remain.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:RT has an actifry. Speaks very highly of it. I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to chips though.

My mum has one but ive never had any. She said we night have egg and chips for lunch tomorrow so i can try it Smile
Mushy peas too?

I will do bonce.

And i hope so kp.  With lashings of vinegar and some warbies toasty for butties Smile
But no tinned toms Johnny, they don't mix very well with a fried egg! Very Happy

Not a chance
I'm going joining Burnden Aces. I've lost all respect for you morons. I'm going to join BA and browse their superior forum whilst eating eggs with beans and tinned tomatoes. 

:zzz:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:RT has an actifry. Speaks very highly of it. I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to chips though.

My mum has one but ive never had any. She said we night have egg and chips for lunch tomorrow so i can try it Smile
Mushy peas too?

I will do bonce.

And i hope so kp.  With lashings of vinegar and some warbies toasty for butties Smile
But no tinned toms Johnny, they don't mix very well with a fried egg! Very Happy

Not a chance
I'm going joining Burnden Aces. I've lost all respect for you morons. I'm going to join BA and browse their superior forum whilst eating eggs with beans and tinned tomatoes. 

:zzz:
Knew you would pop up with some remark! Laughing

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trevor Birch has now been here a whole week.
I think he's slacking.
OK he's managed to persuade Eddie to be realistic about getting his money back and has cleared the way for a takeover by writing off £gazillions.
And TBF he's got the club to clearly communicate what's happening. (I say "clearly" but the BN seem compelled to confuse matters)
But apart from the £170 million and the improved communication, what else have the Romans done for us?  has he achieved?
Isn't it about time that he closed a new ownership deal that brings a bit of investment in the team with it? 
How long do we have to wait? TWO weeks?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Give the bloke a chance. If he's persuaded Eddie to write off about £180 million of debt then that's a massive move in the right direction. It leaves us virtually debt free with the bulk of the useful assets still in the clubs hands.
Selling a football club isn't like selling a tin of beans- there are enormous governance and financial issues to get right- including actions by other creditors ,who for legal reasons might have a say in what happens and therefore conversations could be difficult. Eddies debt going means that the clubs borrowing capacity has just increased substantially and so there is real reason to hope that things may be getting better. But I would prefer him to take his time to get a real deal with some genuine investors in place- rather than a rushed deal with a bunch of dollar hungry charlatans taking over. If it takes the next three months to get it right- then I would be comfortable with that.
Or did I suspect a hint of sarcasm in your comment above

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Give the bloke a chance. If he's persuaded Eddie to write off about £180 million of debt then that's a massive move in the right direction. It leaves us virtually debt free with the bulk of the useful assets still in the clubs hands.
Selling a football club isn't like selling a tin of beans- there are enormous governance and financial issues to get right- including actions by other creditors ,who for legal reasons might have a say in what happens and therefore conversations could be difficult. Eddies debt going means that the clubs borrowing capacity has just increased substantially and so there is real reason to hope that things may be getting better. But I would prefer him to take his time to get a real deal with some genuine investors in place- rather than a rushed deal with a bunch of dollar hungry charlatans taking over. If it takes the next three months to get it right- then I would be comfortable with that.
Or did I suspect a hint of sarcasm in your comment above
b)

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with regards to the £180 million debt, he would never have sold the club with it in a million years so he has ultimately no choice.

I'm sure there are developments going on behind the scenes with potential buyers etc that they don't want to jeopardize by sticking it all in the paper.

I would have thought that you couldn't wrap up a sale of this scale in a couple of weeks.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just a thought for Phil Gartside. Trevor Birch is nads deep in negotiations with "some businessmen" (TBA) the Wanderers are nads deep in the poo and our manager is nads deep in a gold digger throughout which Phil has either been sunning himself in the Caribbean or has been lying on a hospital bed fighting for his mind and body - depending on who you believe. I'd just like to say that if it's the latter I hope he pulls through in one piece.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Time to go into admin me thinks. Obvious no one really wants to buy us at this juncture and trying to keep out of admin is costing the club dearly, with loans on carparks, hotel, training facilities uncle tom cobberly and all. Think we would be better of in admin and getting a conclusion.

Lets just close the club and call it BWFC 2016

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum