Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CRISIS! Players not paid this month!

+19
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
JAH
boltonbonce
Mr Magoo
Cajunboy
terenceanne
Banks of the Croal
finlaymcdanger
Bollotom2014
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
scottjames30
karlypants
Chairmanda
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1CRISIS! Players not paid this month! Empty CRISIS! Players not paid this month! Mon Nov 30 2015, 15:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...some serious fancy dancing going on....

THE financial crisis at Bolton Wanderers has taken another worrying turn after it emerged that senior players at the club have not been paid this month.

The Bolton News understands that the Professional Footballer’s Association has been called in on behalf of around two dozen affected players, who learned the news on the eve of this evening’s crucial home league game against Brentford.

Owner Eddie Davies is desperate to sell the club, which is losing close to £1million a month. He announced last week that he would wipe off around £175m of loans to entice a prospective buyer but has put a complete stop on further funding.

Wanderers' wage bill for playing staff is currently around £16m a year, a figure that has more than halved since relegation from the Premier League in 2012.

Manager Neil Lennon was told there would be no money made available for new signings at the end of the loan window but non-footballing staff were paid mid-way through the month as normal.

Wanderers strenuously denied that job losses or even administration could be on the cards after a report on the Mail Online website on November 5.

This morning it emerged that despite paying nothing in transfers over the last 12 months that the club has shelled out close to £1m in agents' fees.

The club has just released the following statement.

"Bolton Wanderers Football Club can today, Monday 30 November, confirm that the first team playing squad are yet to receive their wages for the month of November.

"This is due to the ongoing situation surrounding the club's ownership off the field.

Trevor Birch, recently appointed as adviser to the Bolton Wanderers board and owner, said: "This is due to a short-term funding issue. We are working hard behind the scenes and hope to have this resolved in a quick and timely manner and I will be meeting the players tomorrow to update them."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helps to explain why they've been complete dog shit then.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I find this really worrying. In terms of urgency of debt, HMRC and players wages have to be the top 2 line items to be paid as consequences of not paying can be very serious indeed, let alone the moral duty to your employees with whom you have a contract, and should pay.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They can always borrow a few quid off their agents to tide them over.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wow! Shocked

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They dont deserve paying.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Has Gartside been paid, that's what I'm worrying about?

Numpty 28723 wrote:Has Gartside been paid, that's what I'm worrying about?

His self cert ran out last week and he's sent a "fit note" in to HR from his GP which says:

"In my opinion, Phil is not fit to run a football club."

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As I understand things, if a player is not paid his wages in a certain time they can walk out of their contracts and become free agents.

Maybe the only way to stop the losses.

Maybe we will be playing the kids from the youth side sooner than we thought!

PS - Bolton News story posted in full in Lusty's opening post.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:I find this really worrying. In terms of urgency of debt, HMRC and players wages have to be the top 2 line items to be paid as consequences of not paying can be very serious indeed, let alone the moral duty to your employees with whom you have a contract, and should pay.
For once, Nat can't accuse them of being overpaid ponces.

This is being passed off as a cashflow issue and that could indeed be true especially if ownership is in the balance and we are in mid-negotiation. I can see circumstances there if ED has now withdrawn his support and the void is yet to be filled by the new owners.

But equally it could be something much more sinister. Not necessarily the full Bread nightmare scenario, but possibly some elements of it.

Trevor Birch and administration are no strangers.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds worse than it is.

And you all scoffed and accused me of being mental.......

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:As I understand things, if a player is not paid his wages in a certain time they can walk out of their contracts and become free agents.

Maybe the only way to stop the losses.

Maybe we will be playing the kids from the youth side sooner than we thought!

PS - Bolton News story posted in full in Lusty's opening post.

absolutely right Sluffster. Wanders, also agree with you. V despondent about future of BWFC right now

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:And you all scoffed and accused me of being paranoid.......
No we didn't. You did.
Smile

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:I find this really worrying. In terms of urgency of debt, HMRC and players wages have to be the top 2 line items to be paid as consequences of not paying can be very serious indeed, let alone the moral duty to your employees with whom you have a contract, and should pay.

This is being passed off as a cashflow issue and that could indeed be true especially if ownership is in the balance and we are in mid-negotiation.

It's exactly what it is.

And for the record, I've worked for a couple of UK businesses which have been taken over by foreign investors and we all got paid throughout the entire take-over process.

So this has got nothing to do with any potential take-over.

It's a cash flow issue.

And it's cash flow issues that send businesses bust.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:And for the record, I've worked for a couple of UK businesses which have been taken over by foreign investors and we all got paid throughout the entire take-over process.

So this has got nothing to do with any potential take-over.

It's a cash flow issue.

And it's cash flow issues that send businesses bust.

We all know that you are a doom monger.

wanderlust wrote:
Breadman wrote:And you all scoffed and accused me of being paranoid.......
No we didn't. You did.
Smile

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, this news actually pleases me.

Long may it continue. Any player is welcome to fuck off at anytime.

Very rare that footballers get what they deserve, but today they have.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently the players are furious. Fucking arseholes. No wins in god knows how long, they should feel lucky that they can't get sacked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum