Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strong rumours

+18
Bwfc1958
bwfc71
karlypants
boltonbonce
Mr Magoo
Jack Russell
Soul Kitchen
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
Alf Hooker
Norpig
wanderlust
Sluffy
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
FullofSprite
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:44

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If it is Peter Jones- then I'd be quite happy. This is not an arrogant  boast but I have met him a couple of times in the context of a charity that we are both involved with. He came across as a shrewd business man-with boxes at the Macron,Old Trafford and the Etihad where he wines and dines clients and friends. He's not alone in that-a few companies keep a box at various North West grounds He also comes across as a moral upright man with  a strong charitable streak.
Let's not slag him off until there's a lot more visibility about what's going on. Its easy to jump on him because of his politics but we shouldn't really care what party he supports as long as his approach to the club is honest and supportive.
I hope it is him- I'd be comfortable with him at the helm. If it is him- lets do the right thing and give him a chance.

Last edited by rammywhite on Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:58; edited 1 time in total

22Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:49

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

this on the Bolton News site as breaking news

Sports Shield, the consortium spearheaded by ex-Bolton striker Dean Holdsworth, are one of the interested buyers and they have fuelled extra speculation by filing a new name at Companies House - Sports Shield BWFC.
It is understood that the consortium has been in contact with former Wanderers skipper Kevin Nolan and that he would return to the club should they take control.

23Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Quick! Buy the url: sportsshieldbwfc.co.uk

24Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:If it is Peter Jones- then I'd be quite happy. This is not an arrogant  boast but I have met him a couple of times in the context of a charity that we are both involved with. He came across as a shrewd business man-with boxes at the Macron,Old Trafford and the Etihad where he wines and dines clients and friends. He's not alone in that-a few companies keep a box at various North West grounds He also comes across as a moral upright man with  a strong charitable streak.
Let's not slag him off until there's a lot more visibility about what's going on. Its easy to jump on him because of his politics but we shouldn't really care what party he supports as long as his approach to the club is honest and supportive.
I hope it is him- I'd be comfortable with him at the helm. If it is him- lets do the right thing and give him a chance.

Why would he want a football club though?

I would speculate that he would more likely have his eyes on whatever land and property the club has - after all he is a property developer with no links to him being a Bolton fan.

Thanks for the insight of him Rammy.  I've no doubt Davies is more likely to vote Conservative than Labour too - so I don't think his politics are relevant (I only posted the article as the recent background I could find on him).

As for Davies I've no issue with him either - he bought a business - and did what was no doubt the right thing to do for him and his own.

As a bit of trivia a wing of the Victoria and Albert Museum London is named after him because of the contributions he made to it.

Fair play to them both.

25Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:37

Guess who's on the board of the V&A?

It's a fun fact I discovered a while ago and thought "That's odd!" and then forgot about it until Sluffy's comment.

Go on, have a guess......

26Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:Guess who's on the board of the V&A?

It's a fun fact I discovered a while ago and thought "That's odd!" and then forgot about it until Sluffy's comment.

Current Trustees -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

27Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Chairmanda wrote:this on the Bolton News site as breaking news

Sports Shield, the consortium spearheaded by ex-Bolton striker Dean Holdsworth, are one of the interested buyers and they have fuelled extra speculation by filing a new name at Companies House - Sports Shield BWFC.
It is understood that the consortium has been in contact with former Wanderers skipper Kevin Nolan and that he would return to the club should they take control.

28Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So Jones puts up the wages to maintain the assets which makes sense basically because the Macron is worthless without the Wanderers and Middlebrook would lose a shedload of kudos and money if the Wanderers weren't in it. 

Plus if he is intending to be part of the consortium that buys the club he would want to avoid admin. It makes sense.

If he happens to be part of a consortium to buy the Wanderers at least there is an incentive for the new Board to make a success of the Wanderers.

And some of us (well two of us anyway) have consistently argued throughout the cries of "we're doomed!" that there must be a basis for an agreement which has not yet been arrived at so this chimes with that perception.

But seeing as this is just a rumour at this stage perhaps we should wait a bit longer to see what happens before condemning Mr. Jones and the other members of the bidding consortium? After all, nothing has been agreed yet - although it is looking a little more promising.

29Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:54

Sluffy wrote:
Breadman wrote:Guess who's on the board of the V&A?

Current Trustees -

Ok, smarty pants...... Very Happy

But he used to be:

30Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:57

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:this on the Bolton News site as breaking news

Interesting- the Registration was done a week ago when speculation/depression was a bit more rampant. They might just have been registering the name to protect it. . Let's see what develops

31Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:58

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

I hope something is sorted this week !

32Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 20:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This is a bit interesting.

Sorts Shield BWFC Ltd and Sports Shield Investments are not registered to the same address.

The Investment one is registered in Droitwich - which is probably at Holdsworth home address, whilst the BWFC one is registered at The Retreat, 406 Rodding Lane South, Essex, IG8 8EY.

A google of that address shows it to be Nordens Chartered Accountants -

I guess whoever is behind it is connect to that part of the country?

33Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 20:07

Not necessarily.

My Ltd company was registered at my accountant's address for years, Sluff.

It means nowt.

34Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 20:13

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Mine to Bread

35Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 20:15

I think it's pretty standard practice, isn't it?

36Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 20:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:I think it's pretty standard practice, isn't it?

Yes it is- it's what most accountants suggest to their smaller clients who trade from their domestic addresses. Accountants can charge a fee for it. From a tax perspective it's actually better to have your home address as the registered office as you can charge a proportion of your domestic expenses against profits.

37Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 20:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's like the bloody apprentice on here at the moment  Very Happy

38Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 20:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You devious bunch of bastards. Cool

39Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 20:28

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:it's like the bloody apprentice on here at the moment  Very Happy

It's on in half an hour- a set of  juvenile arrogant incompetent overblown gobshites

40Strong rumours  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed Dec 16 2015, 20:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:it's like the bloody apprentice on here at the moment  Very Happy

It's on in half an hour- a set of  juvenile arrogant incompetent overblown gobshites

not a fan then Rammy?  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum