Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strong rumours

+18
Bwfc1958
bwfc71
karlypants
boltonbonce
Mr Magoo
Jack Russell
Soul Kitchen
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
Alf Hooker
Norpig
wanderlust
Sluffy
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
FullofSprite
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Thu Dec 17 2015, 13:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Johnny applied to go on it. What a show that could have been. Very Happy

I got through to the final interview stages.  They asked me why i was applying for the show (which was also on the written application form) so i stuck with what i said on there.  Which was basically "because i'm sick of seeing clueless bellends on the show!"

I got put in the maybe file which eventually turned into a no.  I think i was down to the last 50 or so.

The business plan had nothing to do with food. It was a real life call of duty using either laser tag or paintballs.  Big warehouses with various "maps" and games to play.  It would eventually be franchised out.
sounds better than the ideas on last nights show to be honest Johnny, try again next year  Very Happy
So am I right in thinking that Sugar gets hundreds of business plans for "new ideas" - which he can obviously adapt or "me-too" for his own use - especially as most of them haven't protected their ideas?

And for that vast resource of innovative and conceptual thinking the only price he has to pay is £250k (roughly his fees for doing one episode) and spend 5 minutes mentoring an idiot?

What a rip off! He gets to steal more intellectual property than you can wave a stick at plus loads of free publicity and a huge salary and it effectively doesn't cost him a penny. Now that's a business idea.

Expect Laser COD sometime soon in a town near you.

82Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Thu Dec 17 2015, 13:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Well 10am has passed and no announcement.

"BWFC - the joke of all clubs" Very Happy

Iles tweeted that he was on holiday today (going to see the Star Wars film) so I guess he isn't expecting any breaking news today!

83Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Thu Dec 17 2015, 13:07

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:Well 10am has passed and no announcement.

"BWFC - the joke of all clubs" Very Happy

Iles tweeted that he was on holiday today (going to see the Star Wars film) so I guess he isn't expecting any breaking news today!

Part-timer

84Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Thu Dec 17 2015, 13:17

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I must have missed somat ...... what has fat boy Nolan got to do with all this?

85Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Thu Dec 17 2015, 13:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:I must have missed somat ...... what has fat boy Nolan got to do with all this?
This...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

86Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Thu Dec 17 2015, 13:37

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I must have missed somat ...... what has fat boy Nolan got to do with all this?
This...

scratch  So a consortium who may or may not have bought us has also signed a new player before taking us over.....I shouldn't be surprised though. I wonder Lennon knows he has a new captain for the team or they forgot to tell him santa

87Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Fri Dec 18 2015, 11:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lots of rumours that PNE are going to buy Euxton, where will the first team train? Would they go to the academy?

88Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Fri Dec 18 2015, 11:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon: Bolton Wanderers 'should avoid administration'

Financially troubled Bolton Wanderers should avoid administration, says manager Neil Lennon.

The Championship's bottom side are speaking to a number of parties about a takeover from owner Eddie Davies.

They were issued with a winding-up petition last week by Revenue & Customs and players were not paid in November.

However, Lennon confirmed his playing squad would be paid their wages by 29 December with help from the Professional Footballers Association.

"They are due to be paid on the 29th and from what I gather they will get a percentage of the money and the rest will be made up by the PFA," Lennon told BBC Radio Manchester.

"The senior staff are in the same boat and it's not ideal over Christmas and New Year, but they will get paid."

With chairman Phil Gartside currently ill, financial advisor Trevor Birch has been brought in to try and ease a takeover of Wanderers, who are £172.9m in debt.

Former Bolton striker Dean Holdsworth and ex-Trotters midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos are leading two parties, but Lennon says there are others now interested.

"There are new people coming in all the time," added the former Celtic boss. "Whether they are serious players or not, I don't know.

"Trevor seemed pretty confident there would be no administration, which is obviously great news, and we can hopefully get something done next month in terms of a takeover.

"It's been a difficult period for everyone involved with the club - I'm hoping we're not far away from something getting resolved in the next few weeks." 

89Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Fri Dec 18 2015, 11:50

Just on the training ground itself, could be a convenient negotiating tactic from the club? IE somebody needs to step their offer up or they'll lose out on a key asset of the club? Pretty much the only thing we have going for us is the quality of facility we have.

90Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Fri Dec 18 2015, 13:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What happened to the strong rumours. They weren't bullshit were they?

91Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Fri Dec 18 2015, 13:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it must be hard to leave the house for you Hipster with all that sarcasm dripping out of every pore

92Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Fri Dec 18 2015, 13:23

Probably another negotiation tactic? Consortium offer to pay staff wages as a small gesture whilst they keep working on VAT, players wages and Ed's pay off.

With the news today that the players will be paid in December, I think Ed's crumbling.

93Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Fri Dec 18 2015, 14:11

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Probably another negotiation tactic? Consortium offer to pay staff wages as a small gesture whilst they keep working on VAT, players wages and Ed's pay off.

With the news today that the players will be paid in December, I think Ed's crumbling.
He's not paying the players. I believe some is coming from existing funds with the rest made up by the PFA. Ed's not putting a dime in himself and neither are any of the consortia. From what I've read on SSN and the Beeb it looks like the PFA told Birch "find a small percentage of the wage so we can say we didn't pay it all or squander our member's hard earned money on a club that's done nothing for itself and we'll fund the rest" so dignity was intact all the way round.

94Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Fri Dec 18 2015, 17:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Probably another negotiation tactic? Consortium offer to pay staff wages as a small gesture whilst they keep working on VAT, players wages and Ed's pay off.

He's not paying the players. I believe some is coming from existing funds with the rest made up by the PFA. Ed's not putting a dime in himself and neither are any of the consortia. From what I've read on SSN and the Beeb it looks like the PFA told Birch "find a small percentage of the wage so we can say we didn't pay it all or squander our member's hard earned money on a club that's done nothing for itself and we'll fund the rest" so dignity was intact all the way round.
I'd like to think that Gordon Taylor would be giving us special treatment. We've supported him enough after all.

95Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Mon Dec 21 2015, 15:30

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Stand by yer beds another rumour

BREAKING! Bolton Wanderers have a buyer to solve their problem with administration! Announcement from official club soon to come. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Someone called Luke Martin from ITV

96Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Mon Dec 21 2015, 15:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

at last Carr pasties have seen sense and are buying it with a years supply with a tonne of mushy peas thrown in to sweeten the deal

97Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Mon Dec 21 2015, 15:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never mind that. Australian Luke Brattan has gone back to City.
Shocked

98Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Mon Dec 21 2015, 15:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Never mind that. Australian Luke Brattan has gone back to City.
Shocked
 how will we cope losing such an important player?

99Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Mon Dec 21 2015, 15:51

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:Never mind that. Australian Luke Brattan has gone back to City.
Shocked
Yeah U21s never won while he was in the side. Didn't score either

100Strong rumours  - Page 5 Empty Re: Strong rumours Mon Dec 21 2015, 15:58

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

FullofSprite wrote:
Shocked
Yeah U21s never won while he was in the side. Didn't score either
At Bath City we have a cb on loan called Batten. A regular defender is called Ball. Imagine the hilarity when team sheet read out...

(doing my bit to lighten the mood, need to stop feeling grumpy, Sneezy gets jealous)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum