Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

innocent joke for one night

+8
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
karlypants
KillerGorilla
wanderlust
scottjames30
Norpig
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 10:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just because i'm not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me :ninja:

22innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 10:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think that Norpig and Wander are right in that we should limit the number of accounts to each person. I have no problem with anyone having an alter ego, but multiple accounts is just silly, and, to be honest, rather off-putting.

For myself, it becomes even more confusing when everyone starts using peoples actual names as well, and referring to other forums, with even more names. It is then that I start to ignore the thread.

23innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 10:35

gloswhite wrote:I think that Norpig and Wander are right in that we should limit the number of accounts to each person. I have no problem with anyone having an alter ego, but multiple accounts is just silly, and, to be honest, rather off-putting.

For myself, it becomes even more confusing when everyone starts using peoples actual names as well, and referring to other forums, with even more names. It is then that I start to ignore the thread.
I agree with Tony.

24innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 10:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i would be upset to find that some posters have loads of accounts, it would ruin it for me as you just don't know who you are dealing with. I feel the site needs to stick to one poster one account or the whole thing feels too fake in my opinion.

This.

25innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 11:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've had this conversation before in respect to N's multiple personas and I seem to remember that Sluffy took a fairly pragmatic view i.e. if it's doing no harm, don't mess with it. However I do think it's getting to the point where it's confusing some folk and pissing others off so perhaps a review of the situation might be in order?

I would propose an open thread wherein the mods tell us what the picture is as far as possible and within DPA guidelines e.g. how common are multiple accounts etc as a basis for a discussion as to what if anything should be done about it.

The problem is that at some point it would have to become personal and subjective or draconian. If we agreed to have a i account rule, would the site suffer if for example Nat, LPP and Scott turned out to be the same person?

26innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'd show my arse on the town hall steps if Scott and LPP were the same person  Very Happy

27innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Please God ! Don't let them be the same person !

Nobody wants to see Norpigs arse Very Happy

28innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:24

wanderlust wrote:We've had this conversation before in respect to N's multiple personas and I seem to remember that Sluffy took a fairly pragmatic view i.e. if it's doing no harm, don't mess with it. However I do think it's getting to the point where it's confusing some folk and pissing others off, (etc.)

At the risk of being told that I am taking the internet too seriously (again), the whole fake accounts thing really pisses me off.

As Norpig has already said above, if you can't have any confidence that you're having a discussion with a real person with genuine views and opinions, what's the point of bothering doing it?

And as the whole point of having a forum is to promote debate (some more of that Latin stuff cropping up again), I believe that it's crucial for this confidence to exist.

Whoever's behind the Whittam account loves banging on about how the "Bumchums are killing Nuts" but I'd argue that it's the other way round.

Because I can confidently say that everybody labelled a "Bumchum" actually exists and (Johnny's misguided aberration last night apart) only has one account.

It's all the fake bollocks that puts people off, not the real people.

Just my opinion of course and feel free to log into one of your many accounts and slag me off, Nat / Boggers / AD / Scott / whoever.....

29innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have a lovely bottom i'll have you know

30innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:30

Fuck me. I was just trying to lighten an otherwise dull and morbid Sunday. 

All the talk of lennon and bolton was depressing the fook out of me and i imagine others so thought i would have a bit of a laugh. There's really no need for all this. It's too much. Me and my genuine profile are off for a bit. I come on here for a laugh not a witch hunt.

31innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't mind a few fake accounts as long as they are done for a laugh rather than to abuse.

Although I don't take the internet seriously I've always known that to have a good forum you have to be seen to be creditable to 'real' posters, so have always been serious as to how we are structured and run the site - and that has led to backroom problems on here in the past.

To create a forum liked by most people there simply has to be a trade off somewhere to try and balance all the many individuals taste of what they enjoy in a forum.

We simply can't please all the people all the time.  

Even I like some bits of the forum better than other bits - for instance I'm not really the gaming sort so don't spend too much on the numerous competitions we have going but I do like the Natasha account, which I know is a big turn off for some (mostly those on other forums who say the wont post on here because 'she' does).

We run Nuts for a laugh - and  if the laugh goes wrong every now and again then I apologise - it was not intended to upset anyone.

Non sit amet vita!

EDIT - just seen Lusty post above.

I would just like to add that although there are probably a few obvious fake well established accounts on Nuts we don't know that for certain - it is simply far too easy to mask your real ip address from us and the technology we have available to the site.

My personal view also is - what is the difference between a real person having one account but telling telling lies half the time and a real person having two accounts and telling the truth on one account and the lies on the other?

It still is the same person telling lies half the time!

What I'm trying to say is I don't take seriously much of what is said on any forum and I tend to go and do a little bit of research myself on something that may catch my interest or don't get too bothered at anyone who thinks what I have posted is a load of old bollocks.

We are in a way a little community separate from work and/or family. We have some characters you bond with, those you don't, some that share your views, others who irritate, some who make you laugh and a few that make you cry.

You have to work and you are stuck with your family but you don't have to keep coming back to Nuts. The fact you do though suggests that we get it right more often than we get it wrong - and that is what we will continually attempt to do.

Sound reasonable to everyone?

32innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny left a few clues for me in some of his posts last night,but I didn't get confirmation until getting on for midnight,when I received a pm from interyermam,which said simply,'Night Dad'.
The young rascal. Very Happy

33innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Fuck me. I was just trying to lighten an otherwise dull and morbid Sunday. 

All the talk of lennon and bolton was depressing the fook out of me and i imagine others so thought i would have a bit of a laugh. There's really no need for all this. It's too much. Me and my genuine profile are off for a bit. I come on here for a laugh not a witch hunt.

Its ok Nat.

34innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:35

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:i have a lovely bottom i'll have you know
you have posted this on the wrong thread and it needs to be in Latin, but I'd vote for this as our motto

35innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:37

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Fuck me. I was just trying to lighten an otherwise dull and morbid Sunday. 

Its ok Nat.
I missed it all!! teach me for taking an eve off to get ahead of xmas cooking. I appreciate any attempt to lighten the mood, a Bolton fan, middle aged, LibDem needs the laughs! Kepp on keeping on y2j, and Tash, come back.

36innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:41

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

It's becoming clear to me that there are some deep routed issues with regards to fake profiles and trolling accounts and it appearsso my presence has caused more trouble than good
If this is how all newbies are treated then Shirley that need to be sorted out? As I said before an ip adress is not enough to prove someone is fake or is not
This is a problem that is going to hold back the growth of Bolton nuts as you all seem to hav your minds made up about me

37innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KillerGorilla wrote:It's becoming clear to me that there are some deep routed issues with regards to fake profiles and trolling accounts and it appearsso my presence has caused more trouble than good
If this is how all newbies are treated then Shirley that need to be sorted out? As I said before an ip adress is not enough to prove someone is fake or is not
This is a problem that is going to hold back the growth of Bolton nuts as you all seem to hav your minds made up about me

Whatever Breadman.

38innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 13:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm not having a go at you Johnny, i just think having too many multiple accounts is bad for the site. Don't feel you need to leave us for a bit

39innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 13:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm not having a go at you Johnny, i just think having too many multiple accounts is bad for the site. Don't feel you need to leave us for a bit

40innocent joke for one night  - Page 2 Empty Re: innocent joke for one night Mon Dec 21 2015, 13:15

Did you post that from both your Norpig accounts?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum