Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

England v Sweden

+9
jayjay23
Lofty_Love
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1England v Sweden Empty England v Sweden Thu 14 Jun - 21:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Elmander to score the winning goal perhaps?

Or will he bring his normal Bolton form to the game!

2England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Thu 14 Jun - 21:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we will win it 3-1. The Redeemer has elevated them to a higher spiritual level. How can they fail since his divine intervention ?

3England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Thu 14 Jun - 21:39

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

In Woy we twust

4England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Thu 14 Jun - 21:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They have to change a few things. Young was useless against France playing just off the striker. He plays on the left for United, where I think he's brilliant. Shift him out there, take Milner out, put Oxlade-Chamberlain on the right, and play with two out and out strikers. Welbeck did enough against France to justify a second start in my opinion and Defoe looked sharp when he came on so I'd give him a chance. Bringing Carroll in is too big a call baring in mind how dysfunctional he can be. He's very lucky to be there.

5England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Thu 14 Jun - 22:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still one of the best goals by a Wanderers player. ( 55 seconds )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Thu 14 Jun - 22:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:They have to change a few things. Young was useless against France playing just off the striker. He plays on the left for United, where I think he's brilliant. Shift him out there, take Milner out, put Oxlade-Chamberlain on the right, and play with two out and out strikers. Welbeck did enough against France to justify a second start in my opinion and Defoe looked sharp when he came on so I'd give him a chance. Bringing Carroll in is too big a call baring in mind how dysfunctional he can be. He's very lucky to be there.

I think Defoe should start. If things are not working out then bring Carroll on with 30 minutes to go.

7England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Thu 14 Jun - 22:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good points, and ones I'd go with. Carroll shouldn't be there at all. He's about as mobile as a bag of cement. They need to be attack minded, but more than that, not play for 15 minutes each half, and then amble around as though they are on a f'ing walk

8England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Fri 15 Jun - 19:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

England kick-off delayed by 15 minutes

Carroll starts for England in only change to line-up

On ITV NOW!

9England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Fri 15 Jun - 20:08

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well...im outside hennigans in little lever and cant even get in!!! Gutted! Its fookin packed!

10England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Fri 15 Jun - 21:51

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The much-maligned Carroll scores the opener, the substitute Walcott scores the equalizer within 3 minutes of being introduced, Welbeck who many think isn't ready for the bigger stage scores the go-ahead goal... Glenda is the only blot on Woy's copybook today!

Credit where credit's due! Well done, Woy!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Sat 16 Jun - 0:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Excellent game, Walcott changed the game no doubt. Milner & Young are fooking useless.

12England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Sat 16 Jun - 12:25

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Overall I thought it was decent, best team first half, then two spells of poor defending, (started by Carrolls poor challenge which he was doing all first half as well, good job he scored or he would of had a pretty sub standard game) and some Wanderers like luck put us 1 down, but then dominated the rest of the second and the build up + finish to the second goal was world class.

Im happy enough with it, and we deserved to win this one.

My faith in Roy has grown heavily since the team has started playing, got tactics perfect yesterday and I think he really plays to the teams strengths, and his media handling is brilliant.

13England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Sat 16 Jun - 12:33

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Milner and young were atrocious. Walcott changed the game and Oxtail looked lively too when he came on. Despite my dislike of Carrol and that 80's black dude they each scored so I can't moan too much.

I defo think the media bum Wellbeck far too much in saying what a great game he had for both matches. For me he is poor at keeping the ball, he takes unnecessary risks and his first touch is dreadful. Quality finish yesterday if he meant it but can't be 100% certain he did.

14England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Sat 16 Jun - 13:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Good result but wasn't a great perfomance though we got 3 goals. Walcott at last showed he can perform at international level in a big competition but Gerrard looked to be really struggling to get a hold of the game IMO.

I expect us to go through but depending on who we get in the next round I can't see us going much further. My hope is we get Croatia as if we finish 2nd we will play Spain with how things look to be going.

15England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Sat 16 Jun - 13:57

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good win but I must be watching a diferent game than the commentator....he was raving bout Stevie G .....I can't see it myself. Also agree that Milner & Young are nothing to shout about. Walcott is much better than both of them. Parker looks like a little lad being pushed off the ball with ease. I would put Rooney in for Young..... Ox for Milner. Sadley Lampard is not available. The England midfield is lightweight IMO. Well carry on with what we've got....COYWM.

16England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Sat 16 Jun - 14:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ibrahimovic was an absolute DEMON.

TOO GOOD.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

absolutely loved it when he ripped John Terry for pace then muscled him off the ball like a rag doll and left him on his arse.

17England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Sat 16 Jun - 15:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Walcott has been excellent for England (his hat-trick against Croatia!) before. We know what he's capable of but he doesn't produce it often enough. He's either awesome or atrocious. Better shout than Milner? For me, yes. Better shout than Young? Not for me. Young has had good games for England before and has just had a couple of poor ones so far this tournament. Has Milner ever looked decent in an England shirt?

It was a very even game from start to finish, but at 2-2 both teams opened themselves right up and it was always going to finish 3-2 to somebody.

18England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Sat 16 Jun - 15:37

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:Walcott has been excellent for England (his hat-trick against Croatia!) before. We know what he's capable of but he doesn't produce it often enough. He's either awesome or atrocious. Better shout than Milner? For me, yes. Better shout than Young? Not for me. Young has had good games for England before and has just had a couple of poor ones so far this tournament. Has Milner ever looked decent in an England shirt?

It was a very even game from start to finish, but at 2-2 both teams opened themselves right up and it was always going to finish 3-2 to somebody.

Agree with that, Young can play very well and id be willing to give him another chance, Milner shouldn't start (he was one of our best players in the world cup, but he has just been terrible recently)

Theo is a gamble, I wouldn't be too bothered either way if he started the next game, but still only 23 so im sure he will turn into a top winger for England.

19England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Sat 16 Jun - 15:57

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

For me, Walcott is a strange case. I don't think he will ever truly excel as a winger but he doesn't have the finishing ability to play up front. He's like an old fashioned inside forward.

20England v Sweden Empty Re: England v Sweden Mon 18 Jun - 13:55

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At least Elmo was back to his best Bolton form.....no affect on the game and taken off after 80 minutes.

Walcott always has a flick or something special in him to influence the game. It might work or not once or twice per game. Milner is a just a good ol fashioned grafter.

The problem is that our midfield are not holding the ball too well therefore we probably need a grafter to help out. The flair wingers by nature will not track back.... so it's a tough call for me.

I personally think Lennon and Adam Johnson have more zip in them than Milner ...even that donkey Downing should have a run out....at least he will get the crosses in for Andy Carroll......nowt much else mind you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum