Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

England 1-1 France

+11
Bolton Nuts
Reebok_Rebel
Lofty_Love
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
largehat
doffcocker
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1England 1-1 France Empty England 1-1 France Sun Jun 10 2012, 23:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Think we will win, do you even care?

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Jun 14 2012, 21:12; edited 2 times in total

2England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 00:02

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm really excited, even though I'm pretty sure it will be a miserable performance and result.

France looked brilliant under Blanc when we played them at Wembley, and should have absolutely hammered us.

3England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 00:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We won't win tomorrow. We will finish 2nd in the group, and get knocked out by Spain or maybe Italy in the QFs.

I'm ashamed we are playing Danny Welbeck up front in a major international tournament.

4England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 00:16

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Won't be watching it, can't, for personal reasons, but i hope to f,ck we win.

5England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 08:02

I think I will watch pointless on BBC rather than the pointless on ITV.

6England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 09:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:We won't win tomorrow. We will finish 2nd in the group, and get knocked out by Spain or maybe Italy in the QFs.

I'm ashamed we are playing Danny Welbeck up front in a major international tournament.

You're ashamed because we're playing Welbeck - at least he had a half decent season. I'm much more ashamed that Downing will be playing who's been shit his whole career.

This is exactly why Harry should have been manager, Downing wouldn't have even made the squad with him in charge.

7England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 12:12

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll be ashamed of Downing too if he starts, but he isn't nailed on to like Welbeck, with his 60 first team appearances. If he didn't play for Man United he would have been at Danny Guthrie's wedding this weekend, launching canapés at Phil Charnock's head.

8England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 12:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I actually think we will win this one, apart from the front 3 of France they don't exactly look formidable.

How Downing keeps getting picked for the major compeitions I will never know, Chamberlain might not have much experience but he will give the france defence much more to think about than Downing or Milner. I'd be as bold as to go for Walcott on the right and the Ox on the left and really test the defence.

9England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 12:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be watching. There is nothing like a bit of patriotism to raise our spirits in these troubled times.

10England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 13:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will watch but as i've said before I'm not a fan of the England national team, and i do enjoy a good laugh at the media circus that surrounds them.

11England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 14:20

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ill be cheering them on, it isn't the team or Roys fault that the media feels the need to make us hate something about our national team every competition, but so far im very pleased with the way Roy has handled all the crap hes geting from the media.

Personally I couldn't give a shit if Rio isn't in the squad, in fact im glad he isn't, Terry is a twat but hes a better player, the team couldn't have them both in, and quite frankly im not a fan of Rio either. I just think that since there isn't anything huge to complain about this year (especially since not much is expected) the media has made a massive story out of nothing so they have something to write about.

actually aside from Terry and Rooney I don't actually dislike any of the players in the squad.

12England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 16:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty_Love wrote:
actually aside from Terry and Rooney I don't actually dislike any of the players in the squad.

Not even Gerrard, who got away with assault even though you can see him punching someone on video? All because he and his twat mates wanted control of the music in a bar.

13England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 17:15

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think its fucking disgusting that none of the player know, or can be arsed to sing our national anthem...

I understand that its shit, and id much prefer to have an anthem for 'England' as opposed to GB... but come one you lazy overpaid twats...SING! at least look arsed!

Jerusalem or land of hope and glory for the ENGLAND national anthem please.... preferably Jerusalem.

14England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 17:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I assume people know that the game is on ITV live now.

15England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 17:19

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rebel, it's not a crime to not be patriotic or royalist. I don't care what the players do during the national anthem.

16England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 17:27

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:Rebel, it's not a crime to not be patriotic or royalist. I don't care what the players do during the national anthem.

I agree, I personally think is should be but that's another thread :/

Id still want them to look like they give a shit though...

all other countries belt out there national anthem with gusto, but it looks like our prima-donnas are part of the 'im embarrassed to be English' train of thought - like our politicians.

If patriotism doesn't come in to it, why do we even bother having an England team, as nobody would give a fuck if we won, lost or drew?

17England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 17:30

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not patriotic but I don't pretend I am not English, so of course I want a team representing England to win.

Whatever the players need to do mentally to prepare for the game is all I want them to do.

Get in Lescott!

18England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 17:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good so far: the defence & Parker

Shit so far: Joe Hart, Young, Milner

It's like watching Bolton, no fucker can hold onto the ball for more than 2 seconds.

19England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 18:02

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

France aren't half as good as I thought they'd be. When they get the ball they're incredibly slow with it.
They've nobody causing any trouble down the flanks, not even Ribery who looks more and more like the world's most overrated player each time I see him.

But England are just giving the ball away cheap as you like, so it's still a mammoth task to get three points.

20England 1-1 France Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 19:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

France had moments of sublime posession football, all from Nasri, Benzema and Ribery all three players are vastly superior to anyone England have (rooney possibly aside)

That said France were sloppy at the back, Mexes looks to have lost a yard and Evra wasn't too clever at times.

England had a couple of moments but nothing particularly from open play apart from a couple of aimless punts at the end that ended up at the feet of Defoe.

Both these teams will have to improve if they fancy winning the tournament.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum