Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

England 1-1 France

+11
Bolton Nuts
Reebok_Rebel
Lofty_Love
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
largehat
doffcocker
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 00:22

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thought we did well, first game against a difficult team. we did make some chances (Milners chance most notably) and restricted them to mostly long shots, but we really should have closed down Nasri quicker.

We were just trying to keep the point after at the end and that was fine by me, a draw is a good result and without Rooney in these first games it does make sense to just hold on instead of attacking, getting countered when Milner inevitably loses the ball and conceding.

Overall France were the better team but a 1-1 draw isn't an unfair reflection, I don't think we would have got anything in that game 2 years ago.

Oh and the Referee was absolutely terrible and Ribery is a twat..

42England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 02:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As Doffcocker says....if we lost 2-1 the press would be going crazy along with most posters on here.

Any objective football fan would say France well deserved to win that game. In football the results sometimes don't reflect the play on the pitch. Much like our BWFC season .....we were mostly crap even in the games we eeked out a result. Same with England.....eeking out a result does not make a good team. It comes back to haunt eventually.

43England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 02:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:As Doffcocker says....if we lost 2-1 the press would be going crazy along with most posters on here.

Any objective football fan would say France well deserved to win that game. In football the results sometimes don't reflect the play on the pitch. Much like our BWFC season .....we were mostly crap even in the games we eeked out a result. Same with England.....eeking out a result does not make a good team. It comes back to haunt eventually.

I think Doffcocker is wrong and so are you.

As far as England are concerned I am capable of being an objective fan. Yes I want them to win, but I am not emotionally attached or desperate for them to win. I say a draw was a fair result.

You're not in a position to assert that any English fan can't be objective about the match. Do you imagine that we are blinded by patriotism or desperation for England to win? If England get knocked out, I really won't give a shit.

You're not in a position to assume that everyone would be "going crazy on here" if we had lost 2-1. If you've read this forum during the competition the majority of posters don't seem all that bothered about England or the Euros.

Your statement "eeking out a result does not make you a good team" is absolutely laughable. The best teams in football are characterised by the ability to eek out results. I'm not saying England are one of the best teams in football, by the way, but you don't seem very clued up to make a statement like that.

44England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 06:35

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The best teams are not characterised by their ability to eek out results as you say Hat, they are characterised by their style of play and individual brilliance. They also need to know how to grind out a result when they are not playing particularly well but that is not their main quality. It could be said it was Bolton's main quality under Allardyce but we never have been one the 'best teams' well at least not in living memory.

45England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 07:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Greece won the Euros with no individual brilliance.

46England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 13:55

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The Euros are like having a good FA Cup Run..... Yes Greece won the thing and Pompy won the FA Cup .....and we got to the Semi Finals of the FA Cup. In football upsets and flukes good runs happen evry year...... but over a long season the cream usually rises to the top as we see every year in the Prem etc.

Greece will not even get out of their group this time and We will be lucky to get out of ours IMO. Good teams do eek out a win when necessary....but for the most part Good teams deserve to win via having most of the play, creating more chances etc.

47England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 19:24

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

It just goes to show Nat that results can be eeked out or ground out or just handed on a plate Who knows, certainly not me.

What difference does it make if England get knocked out in the semi's or lose on pens or what the hell? If Germany win (as they will) what will happen on Newport Street in two weeks time, not a lot of difference I wouldn't think.

What I'm trying to say in a very round about way is that this football thing is just a load of bollocks. Hopefully most people know this but reading some comments on here, there are some who actually think it matters.

48England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 19:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't really understand why someone would come on a football forum and declare that football is a load of bollocks. If football doesn't matter to you, why are you here?

49England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 19:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I don't really understand why someone would come on a football forum and declare that football is a load of bollocks. If football doesn't matter to you, why are you here?

I'm gonna kick you fcuking head in!

50England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 19:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

obviously I'm joking before anyone goes mental.

51England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 20:40

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hat, you ask why I bother. Ok then I'll spell it out. Football is a game played with a ball, the object being to get it into the opponents goals without using your hands. There are a few rules about how you can do this and how this is done fairly but basically that's it. Where people start to get a bit excited about it all is, I think, when it gets territorial. There is great scope in this game for certain people to set themselves up and pretend that they know more about it all than others, I've even known it described as a science and an art form. Of course this is all waffle from self-important, self-opinionated individuals, some of whom you will find on here.

So yes, I think the modern game is bollocks, but I still enjoy it and will continue to add my two penneth.

52England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Wed Jun 13 2012, 20:49

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well I think the vast majority of posters on here love football, and come here to speak to other people who also love football. It's a passion. I don't see the need to denigrate it - if I wasn't passionate about it, I wouldn't want to discuss it at any length. I probably fall into what you describe as self important and self opinionated category, and that's fine by me, there is never a shortage of other people willing to discuss/challenge my views.

53England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Thu Jun 14 2012, 07:42

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hat quote - 'If you've read this forum during the competition the majority of posters don't seem all that bothered about England or the Euro's.
And then latter - 'If football doesn't matter to you, why are you here?'

So Hat, which is it for you, bothered or not bothered?'

All I have tried to do (not very successfully I must admit) is point out that at the end of the day it is just game and that some people get a bit carried away and try to build it up into something that, in my humble opinion, it is not. I am enjoying the Euro's and watch all the games I can whether England are playing or not.

54England 1-1 France - Page 3 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Thu Jun 14 2012, 13:11

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

chipbutty wrote:Hat quote - 'If you've read this forum during the competition the majority of posters don't seem all that bothered about England or the Euro's.
And then latter - 'If football doesn't matter to you, why are you here?'

So Hat, which is it for you, bothered or not bothered?'

It's bothered about football but not particularly bothered about England's performance at the Euros. I think the vast majority of this football fans in this country consider their club the main focus of their interest and attention. ie BWFC to win the FA Cup in 2014 or England to win the World Cup - no contest.

My first comment was in response to another poster who implied that anyone objective would say France deserved to win their game vs England, a view I disagree with.

My second comment was in response to you saying football is bollocks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum