Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

England 1-1 France

+11
Bolton Nuts
Reebok_Rebel
Lofty_Love
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
largehat
doffcocker
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 19:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All things considered it's a good result and a very ideal start to the tournament but the performance was uninspiring as usual, possibly suggesting there hasn't been enough progression in the last two years to make a better go at it.

22England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 19:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel frustrated, I thought we did ok and if Hodgson had been a bit braver we could have won it.

Firstly, Young & Milner were absolute shite. How the fuck they both stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes is beyond me. I can't actually remember Young touching the ball. If only he'd replaced them sooner.

I thought Parker and Gerrard were outstanding in a defensive way, if only that chubby Arsenal kid or Milner or Young could actually retain possession and pass a ball we'd have won easily.

The defence was pretty good, even Glenda Jackson had a decent game.

23England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 20:13

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Welbeck is garbage!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

24England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 20:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Welbeck is garbage!

he isn't Garbage, he just isn't world class like the british media like to pretend.

he's just an average prem player.

25England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 21:06

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

bula, I think 'sublime' is being a bit fanciful but each to their own (opinions). They are better than we are but won't win it. I don't share your opinion of Rooney he's about the best we've got but has got lazy and has lost his desire.

26England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 22:04

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

england team was play quite strongly so draw is not the bad result so far.

27England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 23:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Were you at the game Mo ?

28England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 23:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alex Oxtail-Chambermaid still has a lot to learn and Wellbeck can't seem to control the ball properly.

We gave the ball away too easily but saying that, I don't think the French are as good as some pundits were making out.

29England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 23:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Mo not game been because he is watch on television instead.

30England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 23:14

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wasn't Mo at because game because smelly taxi busy Daubhill around driving.

31England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Mon Jun 11 2012, 23:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I think Mo not game been because he is watch on television instead.

But at least we played quite strongly. ( Whatever that means.) Rolling Eyes

32England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Tue Jun 12 2012, 02:59

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Certainly France was there for the taking today. But piss poor ambition by the managment as usual. It was screaming for some classic center forward play but we leave Carrol on the bench. I forgot Young was playing until the commentor mentioned his name in the second half. Parker and Gerrard are just worker bees at this point. Nothing must other than chase the ball around. But I know nowt since some are calling Parker our man of the match.

Well they had most of the possession and something like 15 shots on goal to our 2 but it's a good draw...... that some BWFC talk !!!!

33England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Tue Jun 12 2012, 13:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was surprised to see Chamberlain start, he looked more of a threat than Milner, who I thought was our weaklink.

The team performance was a typical Roy hodgson game, most of the players behind the ball and look to hit them on the counter. We played ok but it still wouldn't surprise me to see us only finish on 3 points and go out.

France were there for the taking and we showed them way too much respect, I hope we go and attack both Sweden and Ukraine but I can't see it.

34England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Tue Jun 12 2012, 14:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

France would say the same about England.

If they performed to their maximum they would have beaten England comfortably.

35England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Tue Jun 12 2012, 14:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:France would say the same about England.

If they performed to their maximum they would have beaten England comfortably.

England didn't let them play to their "potential". Give credit where it is due you Scottish knobber.

36England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Tue Jun 12 2012, 15:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was just offering the counter point to Aarons "France were there for the taking" point, saying France would say the same about England.

when you consider England had a single shot on target and only 30% possession in the second half France will see that as a missed opportunity to pick up three points.

I don't think anyone can deny England set up for a draw and did well to get a point.

I fully expect them to comfortably beat Sweden and Ukraine though.

37England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Tue Jun 12 2012, 15:16

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I was just offering the counter point to Aarons "France were there for the taking" point, saying France would say the same about England.

when you consider England had a single shot on target and only 30% possession in the second half France will see that as a missed opportunity to pick up three points.

I don't think anyone can deny England set up for a draw and did well to get a point.

I fully expect them to comfortably beat Sweden and Ukraine though.

I wouldn't be so sure about Ukraine. From what I saw of them whilst they were playing last night - they have a massive poteneyial to shock. Yes they may only be at the top of the group after 1 game but they only need 1 more win and they do have the ability to do that with both us and France.

38England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Tue Jun 12 2012, 15:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was a really poor game (France v England). Neither team were exciting when they had the ball, and it's difficult to imagine either going far in the competition.

I think everybody's looking at the positives - the fact that France have been in excellent form and we've held them to a draw, but had one of their shots crept in or had Hart not pushed one of their headers over the bar and it finished 2-1 France, let's face it, it would be universally viewed as an all-round rubbish performance. Did we even create a single chance aside from the goal?

39England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Tue Jun 12 2012, 17:17

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think you're being very harsh Doffcocker. It was a reasonably good game. England defended very well. France had significantly more possession but failed to create clear cut chances. Give credit where it is due. It was an organised performance. When you consider England are missing Rooney, Cahill, Lampard, Barry, Wilshere and we don't have a decent striker it was at the positive en of expectations IMO.

40England 1-1 France - Page 2 Empty Re: England 1-1 France Tue Jun 12 2012, 19:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's just hope Elmander doesn't score against us when we play the Suedes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum