Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RIP - Phil Gartside

+25
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
Michael Bolton
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
NickFazer
Jack Russell
Mr Magoo
karlypants
gloswhite
wessy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Lever ender
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 20:58

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

RIP Phil Gartside, very sad day

22RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Very sad news indeed.

Sixty-three is far too young these days to be taken.

Some people should hang their heads in shame in respect of some of the things they have said about him recently.

At the end of the day BWFC is a business and Phil Gartside was simply a man paid to do the work asked of him by his employer Eddie Davies.  Whether people thought he was good, bad or indifferent at his job was a waste of ones breath as the only opinion that mattered was Davies's and he stuck by him until the end so clearly he had the utmost respect for what he had done on his behalf.

The personal abuse thrown at him in bucket loads from the brain cell less, cretinous, Neanderthals that follow our club was sick, unwarranted and showed what sort of a person they truly are.  They most be really proud of themselves tonight.

I don't know what it is why people think they have a right to hurl vicious personal abuse at someone simply working at a football club, they certainly would not do it at a restraint, or a cinema, or any other place they receive a service from - and if they did it would not surprise them if someone called the police and they got arrested - so why is football seemingly free from normal human behaviour and civility?

How do you think he must have felt knowing he was dying and reading the hurtful shit clueless turds were posting all over the social media about him?  

How do you think his wife and his kids felt?

RIP Phil, you deserved a lot better.

PS great banner from BTID - well done mate.

23RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
The personal abuse thrown at him in bucket loads from the brain cell less, cretinous, Neanderthals that follow our club was sick, unwarranted and showed what sort of a person they truly are.  They most be really proud of themselves tonight.

If Owen Coyle kicked the bucket tonight would you regret the abuse you've given him over the years?

24RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

If Owen Coyle kicked the bucket tonight would you regret the abuse you've given him over the years?

I've never, ever, been abusive of him - nor anyone else for that matter.

He is in my opinion the worst manager we've had at the club since I started following the club over 50 years ago but I'd be the first to wish him well if I heard that he was in ill health.

Football is only a game and despite what Bill Shankly said, life is certainly far more important than someone just kicking a ball about.

25RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:34

What a pile of sanctimonious bullshit.

"brain cell less, cretinous, Neanderthals."

Nice to know what you really think about your regular contributors.

Feel free to delete my account if you feel so strongly.

26RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:43

To be fair he also says he's never ever been abusive of anyone so at least that's clearly been addressed.

27RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:51

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:To be fair he also says he's never ever been abusive of anyone so at least that's clearly been addressed.

Very Happy

28RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:What a pile of sanctimonious bullshit.

"brain cell less, cretinous, Neanderthals."

Nice to know what you really think about your regular contributors.

Feel free to delete my account if you feel so strongly.

I'm talking generally about ALL the tasteless comments said about Gartside on ALL the various forums and social media by ALL the individual posters.

I've said right from the very beginning that a mans health is far, FAR more important than any GAME.

It looks like Johnny deleted his account tonight because some people even after Gartside's horrible death could still not let it go.

Respect to him if he did.

If you want to stay or go that is up to you.

No doubt soon enough another Bolton player, manager, director, BWST, whatever will be being abused by people on here and other forums - its par for the course - I remember fans hurling abuse at Bill Ridding 50 years ago, so nothing changes much.

Its a sad day for all of us today.

Lest said soonest mended perhaps about things that have been said and done.

We move on because we have no other choice.

29RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think sluffy is now having a pop at me. Are you seriously trying to not so subtly accuse me of forcing a grown man into deleting his football forum account?

30RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 22:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Guys let's all leave this now! Smile

31RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 22:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:I think sluffy is now having a pop at me. Are you seriously trying to not so subtly accuse me of forcing a grown man into deleting his football forum account?

It looks to me that Johnny jacked it in following posts on the 'Gartside' thread.

I'm not your, Johnny's or anyone else's mum on here and everyone is free to post what they want within reason - after all everyone is big and ugly enough (Manda apart!) to look after themselves on an internet footy forum.

I said early doors on the thread in question that I thought it was in bad taste and that I was in a minority when it came to the reality that football is nothing more than a GAME.

I don't blame you or anyone else for Johnny leaving, he's big enough to make that decision himself but obviously yours and others recent comments clearly made him think he didn't want to be part of this site anymore.

Certainly not a thread to be proud of.

I'll miss Johnny but he can always re-join Nuts another day (hopefully he will) but Gartside leaves behind a widow and children.

One is real one is just a game.

Pity some of us get the two mixed up at times.

32RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 22:22

I like Johnny but he does love a hissy fit. Not fair to blame anybody for him leaving (was it definitely that thread?). 

Hopefully he'll reactivate or make a new account soon.

33RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 22:26

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can someone explain the Johnny situation? He always seemed a top bloke to me.

34RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 22:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:I like Johnny but he does love a hissy fit. Not fair to blame anybody for him leaving (was it definitely that thread?). 

Well that seems to be the only thread he had been posting on just before he left, so I would think it was, yes.

35RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 22:36

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

R.I.P

Johnny you will be missed.  Sad

36RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 22:48

Sluffy wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I like Johnny but he does love a hissy fit. Not fair to blame anybody for him leaving (was it definitely that thread?). 

Well that seems to be the only thread he had been posting on just before he left, so I would think it was, yes.

Think he'll be regretting it already then, certainly not worth leaving over.

37RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 23:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Think he'll be regretting it already then, certainly not worth leaving over.

Maybe there was something more personal behind it on Johnny's part?

I remember a few years back when one poster (pre Nuts days) was wishing cancer on people at around the same time my mother was dying of it. It wasn't the best of times for me and my family and reading stuff like that whether it was said as a wum or in all seriousness was not pleasant reading for me.

Perhaps something similar happened here and it understandably got to him?

Who knows, just speculating on my part but it could explain why he didn't want to be around Nuts anymore.

Best of luck to him whatever his reason was though.

38RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Wed Feb 10 2016, 23:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Eddie Davies tribute to Gartside on Sky Sports from earlier this evening.

(Thanks to 'shortricci' for providing the link).

A very moving tribute.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

39RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Thu Feb 11 2016, 02:37

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Very sad news. Obviously he had a lot of critics for many decisions and how the club ended up so massively in debt but I always thought of him in terms of the good times - sat with Big Sam in the stands in those great days - like when winning 5-0 at Leicester.
His managerial appointments were IMO almost always excellent but for example Coyle and Freedman who appeared to be the best Young managers out there turned out to be duds. Never agreed with the appointments of Mugson or Lee though.
But it is very sad, Gartside wasn't an old man and he was in charge at Bolton during the best times the club has ever had.
RIP Phil Gartside.

40RIP - Phil Gartside - Page 2 Empty Re: RIP - Phil Gartside Thu Feb 11 2016, 09:48

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Michael Bolton wrote:Very sad news. Obviously he had a lot of critics for many decisions and how the club ended up so massively in debt but I always thought of him in terms of the good times - sat with Big Sam in the stands in those great days - like when winning 5-0 at Leicester.
His managerial appointments were IMO almost always excellent but for example Coyle and Freedman who appeared to be the best Young managers out there turned out to be duds. Never agreed with the appointments of Mugson or Lee though.
But it is very sad, Gartside wasn't an old man and he was in charge at Bolton during the best times the club has ever had.
RIP Phil Gartside.
It's difficult to say this without looking like a bit of a dick in the circumstances, but the highlighted bit of your post makes no sense. You said his managerial appointments were almost always excellent and then went on to rubbish every single appointment he ever made, bar Allardyce. If you include Lennon as another dud, that would give him a 16% success rate at picking managers. In his defence though, I don't think many people disagreed with the Lennon appointment at the time it was made.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum