Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers want Wilder

+24
JohannesburgWanderer
Diadora
boltonbonce
wessy
karlypants
xmiles
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
luckyPeterpiper
Bolton Nuts
Fabians Right Peg
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
wanderlust
FullofSprite
Norpig
gloswhite
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

21Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu Apr 14 2016, 21:14

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:

Obviously you must be fully versed with the in's & out's of Mr. Wilder since I can't see the "potential"...... I would suggest you know nowt...the same as the rest of us. 

Doogie & Coyle also had potential....on paper.

You'd have to be a fool not to see potential in Wilder.

You seem to be suggesting if they're good on paper we should avoid them.

I know nowt about Wilder ...... he seems to have some success in the lower leagues...... therefore he would be a hot commodity for Prem/Champs clubs ...... apparently not.  But ok for us then.

So are you officially saying he is the man for the job....and can we hold you to it in the season of abuse to come. ???

22Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu Apr 14 2016, 22:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

When Bury won promotion to Division 1 a few seasons back under Alan Knill, Wilder was his assistant.

Knill went on to leave Bury for Scunthorpe but had a poor spell in charge and Torquay thereafter.

Knill is currently Wilder's assistant at Northampton.

Wilder does seem to have been connected with a few teams having relative success at Division 2 (old 4th Division to us old ones) so it does seem as though he is competent at least at that level.

I guess we don't really have the luxury anymore of going after any manager we wanted (Megson, Coyle and Freedman were all at other clubs when we went after them - not that any of them were any good with us) so Wilder, if he is out of contract at the end of the season, may be as good as we can get.

I do like a manager who has been successful at more than one other English club as it is more likely that they have had some influence in that clubs success rather than being fortunate at being appointed at the right time to benefit from a previous managers groundwork.

Allardyce had successful spells with Blackpool and Notts County before we got him and he turned out alright for us!

I would be happy for Wilder to be given the chance to manage us, as he obviously has managed very well in the past with clubs that have very little if any money spare to spend.

My only concern - and this will face whichever manager we employ - is the culture we seem to have in the club of non professionalism and ill discipline from the players as evidenced with Madine seen on TV telling Lennon he was a "fucking prick", then club captain Spearing beering it up and having selfies of himself during an international break whilst we were close to relegation at the time, similarly with the recent Madine and a couple of others doing the same, plus the (overblown but at the same time unnecessary and unprofessional behaviour) of Trotter and Wheater giving the finger.

Add to this the comments about then manager Freedman by Clough and Vela on twitter a while back and more recently young Samizadeh apparently touting himself to Derby.

And I would imagine all that is only the tip of the iceberg regarding the behaviour and attitude of many players within the club manifesting itself in the lack of respect and professionalism shown to the club itself and its management, the long suffering paying fans and of course to themselves.

Hopefully in this respect we have reached rock bottom and now hopefully Wilder or whoever or next manager turns out to be can begin to put things right again on the playing side and hopefully Holdsworth and Anderson can do the same on the financial side too!

Fingers crossed anyway!

23Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Fri Apr 15 2016, 22:16

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

terenceanne wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:

Obviously you must be fully versed with the in's & out's of Mr. Wilder since I can't see the "potential"...... I would suggest you know nowt...the same as the rest of us. 

Doogie & Coyle also had potential....on paper.

You'd have to be a fool not to see potential in Wilder.

You seem to be suggesting if they're good on paper we should avoid them.

I know nowt about Wilder 
Why so negative then? If you bother to do a bit of research on the bloke you might realise he's done a good job wherever he's been. All managers have to start somewhere and he's earning his right to move up the ladder. (No matter how shit you think we are we are definitely a bigger club than Northampton). It would be a very good appointment imo.

24Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sat Apr 16 2016, 08:30

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Like the sound of this guy, hungry to prove himself, experience of the lower leagues, playoffs and even a relegation scrap (god forbid).

25Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sat Apr 16 2016, 09:32

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Please not Nolan or Reid. 

Reid is the man behind the decision to bring Heskey on instead of pace when we were down to ten men vs Reading.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

26Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 12:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Much as I admire Kevin Nolan I believe appointing him as our manager would be a mistake. As a coach I think he'd be fine, maybe as number two to this Wilder chap in the same way Sammy Lee was Sam's number two but that's all. 

As to Peter Reid, I think if he's Director of Football that's one thing (I can support that) but the fact he is able to tell the (admittedly interim) manager of the team who to bring on as a substitute is just plain wrong in my opinion. A manager has to be left in sole charge of things like tactics, team selection and substitutions. I doubt any permanent manager worth his salt would tolerate being told by a director (or whatever Reidy's title is) who he should be bringing on or taking off during a match and I personally hope we don't see that happening ever again.

I don't know enough about Wilder to make an informed judgement about whether or not he's the right man for our club but I like what I have seen of his record to date. My fear is that our current off field situation is still so dire that even the best manager is going to be operating with at least one hand tied behind his back for the foreseeable future.

27Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 15:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't believe it's 26 years since Reidy got the Manchester City manager job, but it is and he's still only 59. His record shows he's lost roughly a third of the games he's managed but I still wouldn't want him in any role that influenced the management of the team:

P    W    D       L       W%
[th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th]Total[/th]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]15 November 199026 August 199313156314442.75
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]29 March 19957 October 2002353159959945.04
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]June 1999June 19991100100.00
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]21 March 200310 November 200322641227.27
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]5 June 20046 January 2005311081332.26
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]2 September 20089 September 20091794452.94
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]24 June 201018 September 2011611693626.23
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4 September 201420 December 2014630350.00

28Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 16:55

Wilder was keen until he dug a little deeper into what he'd have to work with according to Nixon.

Now he's considerably less so......

29Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 17:08

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He won't be in any rush to leave Northampton, he will weigh his options once the season ends. You would think that there would be at least 2 or 3 strong candidates from 50 applicants they have received.

30Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 17:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he's offered the job he'll be here like a shot.

31Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 21:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Wilder was keen until he dug a little deeper into what he'd have to work with according to Nixon.

Now he's considerably less so......

Working with absolutely no money would get most managers excited so I'm surprised.

32Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 21:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Working with absolutely no money would get most managers excited so I'm surprised.

If they were getting a better wage than their last job they really wouldn't care.

33Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 21:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha.

34Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 21:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Straight shot between Carver and Brown now.

35Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 22:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles tweet -

Chris Wilder letting it be known locally that he is NOT interested in being the next Bolton manager. Plot thickens

36Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 22:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone who thinks John Carver has a hope in hell of becoming the new manager is a numpty

37Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 22:37

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its a massive gamble for anyone prepared to take it on. My money still on Brown.

38Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 23:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Those itk are suggesting carver and brown are kens favs.

39Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Sun Apr 17 2016, 23:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Those itk are suggesting carver and brown are kens favs.
Wilder is KA #1 choice

40Wanderers want Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 00:04

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Reid has never stayed anywhere longer than 12 months except Sunderland...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum