Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lost pubs of Bolton

+5
Bolton Nuts
Banks of the Croal
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Norpig
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Sun Jan 01 2017, 23:16

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

and Cavanagh's, massive shop with 3 tins of beans and 2 loaves on the shelves lol !!

22Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Sun Jan 01 2017, 23:32

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Flockharts?

23Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Sun Jan 01 2017, 23:51

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Same shop I think !! Top of Rushey Fold ??

24Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Sun Jan 01 2017, 23:55

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That's the one.

Just testing, mate..... Very Happy

25Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Mon Jan 02 2017, 00:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:You mention the Gardeners. I remember the O'connors when I was a lad , there dad was the landlord.
Bonfire nights were always a treat as they brought a bucket of freshly pumped ale to the fire in Holly Grove on the donkey field, just at the back of Ivy Road. Graham and Gary were the two lads if I remember correctly?
Happy days.
When did you live there?

I used to live off Ivy Road and walked past the donkey field hundreds of times to catch a bus on Chorley Old road.
lived on Bennetts Lane as a kid but ended up in Heaton and went drinking on Chorley Old Road mainly but we did venture to Arkwrights fairly regularly

26Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Mon Jan 02 2017, 00:35

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Did anyone go drinking in the Ainsworth Arms when Harry Eastham was the landlord !! What a twat !!

27Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Mon Jan 02 2017, 00:37

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That man was indeed a wanker.

I remember him well.

28Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Mon Jan 02 2017, 00:44

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Lost count of how many times I got barred for doing fuck all

29Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Mon Jan 02 2017, 01:00

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Tippings was a good night out early 80s

30Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Mon Jan 02 2017, 16:01

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:You mention the Gardeners. I remember the O'connors when I was a lad , there dad was the landlord.
Bonfire nights were always a treat as they brought a bucket of freshly pumped ale to the fire in Holly Grove on the donkey field, just at the back of Ivy Road. Graham and Gary were the two lads if I remember correctly?
Happy days.
When did you live there?

I used to live off Ivy Road and walked past the donkey field hundreds of times to catch a bus on Chorley Old road.

Me too.

Sunnyside road.

(1970 - 1991)
Amazing.

Kingscourt Avenue (1948-1967)

31Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Mon Jan 02 2017, 16:02

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
Happy days.
When did you live there?

lived on Bennetts Lane as a kid but ended up in Heaton and went drinking on Chorley Old Road mainly but we did venture to Arkwrights fairly regularly
Kingscourt Avenue ( 1948-1967)

32Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Fri Jan 06 2017, 18:36

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cajunboy wrote:
Happy days.
When did you live there?

I lived up that way, Lawn Street, till 78. Used to go supping in Mortified Bowling Club and the Victory. Prior to being legal the supping was done behind the garages near the top of Oxford Grove. We always shifted our empties not to draw attention to ourselves.
Early doors I knocked about with a lad who lived on Chorley Old Rd at the Conservative club, his dad was the steward,.This club was at the bottom of the block where Douglas Hacking's original shop was. 
We used to pinch the odd half when we went on the snooker table and his dad was out the way, ale tasted shite then!!

33Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Fri Jan 06 2017, 18:44

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bryan458 wrote:Did anyone go drinking in  the Ainsworth Arms when Harry Eastham was the landlord !! What a twat  !!
If I remember correctly he was related to George Eastham?
Furthermore he always insisted you had a clean glass. IIRC his ale was a bit good though?
Then there was the Peel on Halliwell Rd, a Wilson's pub that turned into a meeting place for Freddies.

34Lost pubs of Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost pubs of Bolton Fri Jan 06 2017, 18:59

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Haha the peel notorious lol Harry played for Liverpool, I went in once and the script was
Are you 18
No
We'll get out
I'm 19
We'll get out for giving lip
Haha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum