Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton V Ayr United

+14
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
yesbutno
MicktPhallic
bwfc71
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Programmes-Buff
chipbutty
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 12:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:haha! You've changed your tune, you didn't "even want to know the score"

+ "anyone who pays to watch a friendly is a bellend" or something similar.

face it, no one gives two shits about friendlies they're for match fitness and nothing else. Stop pretending you care now a couple of others on the board have.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the fact clubs charge to watch friendlies so would never go to one. That doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose.

Last season we had a pisspoor pre-season and people kept saying it would have no affect on our season. It did.

62Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 13:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

.... It did in the sense that we had a shit load of horrific injuries.

I remember two horrendous pre seasons back to back under sam, one of which i think we lost every game... and guess what Europe twice lol.

63Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 18:09

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No big deal. Ayr were already match fit, think they have had 3 friendlies. We played like 22 men, gave everyone a chance. Might have been nice to win but since, from what ive read, it was Blakeman who let their man through and Lynch was in net I can't say im particularly worried by it.

If they had gotten past our first choice defence it would be different, but since the two mentioned havent even started once for us in the league im not too fussed.

Plus points:

A Knight error didn't lead to a goal.. only a matter of time though
Eaves got a decent assist.
Wylde looked decent.
Vela looked decent.

Not that I watched the match, but this is whats been reported

64Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 18:57

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I had not been aware that Liverpool had offered us £1,000,000.00 for young Vela last season. Let's hope he comes good this season as he is expected to. Coyle has not yet made a name for bringing his own young players through though.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

65Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 19:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one was aware... where did you get that spurious info?

If you provide a steadfast source i will remove the word spurious.

66Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 19:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No one was aware... where did you get that spurious info?

You don't understand what a 'source' is do you.

67Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 19:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think i do, can you explain?

68Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 19:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I had not been aware that Liverpool had offered us £1,000,000.00 for young Vela last season. Let's hope he comes good this season as he is expected to. Coyle has not yet made a name for bringing his own young players through though.

I read that somewhere as well.

69Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 19:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't think i do, can you explain?

Whenever anyone quotes a source you always demand names, but any decent source is going to remain anonymous.

70Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 20:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't want a name, I'd be happy for him to say "a source" he didn't say where he got it.

71Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 20:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't want a name, I'd be happy for him to say "a source" he didn't say where he got it.

mole/source, what's the difference?

72Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 20:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry did this come from you?

73Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 20:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:sorry did this come from you?

No, but you seem to be suggesting there's a difference between a source and a mole.

74Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 20:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

No, but you seem to be suggesting there's a difference between a source and a mole.

According to Doctor Oetker there is a massive difference between a source and a mole. Thousands of years ago giant moles roamed the earth. That's how the mountainous landscapes around the lake district were formed. It was all that tunnelling what did it.

Nowadays, some moles have been found to be cancerous so if you have one it's always worth getting a second opinion from your GP.

Remember that opening line from a classic Hot Chocolate number ?
It started with a cyst, never thought it would come to this...

75Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 20:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No one was aware... where did you get that spurious info?

An Iles tweet last night -

Anthony Oxford@AnthonyL80

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] when was the bid for vela and who from?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] £1m last season from Liverpool

2:46 PM - 18 Jul 12 via web · [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

76Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 20:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh it's from him, utter bollocks in that case.

77Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Thu Jul 19 2012, 22:59

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ahead of the game, Bolton boss Owen Coyle said: “All of our top players will be at Somerset for the game. Ádám Bogdán is an international goalkeeper and he will play, Tim Ream is an international centre back for USA and he will also play along with Zat Knight, Matt Mills, Keith Andrews, Kevin Davies, Chung-Yong Lee, David N’Gog, Marcus Alonso, Chris Eagles and Martin Petrov. Young Gregg Wylde will also play his first match for the club after signing a couple of months ago from Rangers.

“I will also be bringing some fantastic young talents to Somerset Park. Joe Riley is a promising right back and Josh Vela is also a great prospect who will make the trip north. I actually turned down one million pounds from Liverpool who put in a bid for Josh last August.

“There’s no doubt that it’ll be a fantastic game for us as we will be tested because the Ayr United players will be out to prove that they can compete against people who are playing at a high level. It’ll make for a marvellous night.”

I thereby demand the removal of the word 'spurious' since it is confirmed by the great man himself.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

78Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Fri Jul 20 2012, 11:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still dont believe it, Coyle is hardly the most reliable source.

79Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Fri Jul 20 2012, 12:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He's our manager, why would he make that up?

80Bolton V Ayr United - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton V Ayr United Fri Jul 20 2012, 13:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was joking Aaron.

My main surprise is why on earth Liverpool would want to spend a million quid on him. He's hardly pulled up any trees, though does show some promise.

thats why i thought it was rubbish.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum