Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An acre of land on Mars

+4
karlypants
Fabians Right Peg
Bread2.0
Bwfc1958
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1An acre of land on Mars Empty An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 10:50

i'm not allowed to post links (being a new member for the third time!) but google moonestates acre of land on mars!

With Elon "old spice" Musk stating he wants to go there and inhabit the planet, colonise it, does this look a bargain?

Thinking of planning ahead and getting 10 acres before we all get up there.

2An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 10:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Surely that isn't legal. People will pay them that money probably expecting their own spot on Mars. 

They don't own Mars, so how are they managing to sell bits of it for cash without getting pulled for fraud? 

Very strange.

3An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:02

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

4An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:06

Cheers unc

I do own an acre on the moon and my missus has a star named after her.  (Yeah i know!)

Last edited by y2j 3.0 on Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:06; edited 1 time in total

5An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:06

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2j 3.0 wrote:i'm not allowed to post links (being a new member for the third time!) but google moonestates acre of land on mars!

With Elon "old spice" Musk stating he wants to go there and inhabit the planet, colonise it, does this look a bargain?

Complicated this one, not much which would say even if you pay for the land it would legally be yours. There is nothing stopping anyone staking a claim for un-owned land or even planets, think some nut job has already staked a claim to the entire solar system.

I think in normal circumstances you would need to show you had a claim as well as possession of the land, so unless you have a probe (of the space variety), you probably would not be able to validate a claim although the whole thing is a bit of a grey area.

6An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:08

If you buy ten acres (95 quid) you get a certificate in a gold frame.  How is that not legally binding.  A gold fricking frame.

7An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:10

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

8An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing is that Mars isn't ours to sell really.

I remember seeing those gift packs where you could buy an acre of land for about 20 quid but what gives this company the right to sell it?

How do you claim ownership and how do they claim ownership to be able to sell it?

9An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:12

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
y2j 3.0 wrote:i'm not allowed to post links (being a new member for the third time!) but google moonestates acre of land on mars!

Complicated this one, not much which would say even if you pay for the land it would legally be yours. There is nothing stopping anyone staking a claim for un-owned land or even planets, think some nut job has already staked a claim to the entire solar system.

I think in normal circumstances you would need to show you had a claim as well as possession of the land, so unless you have a probe (of the space variety), you probably would not be able to validate a claim although the whole thing is a bit of a grey area.
You can replace grey area with scam.

10An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely someone with technology and lots of money etc like America would just come and wade in and take that land from you that you supposedly owned if it was possible to live on it?

11An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like Fabian has beaten me to it. Very Happy

12An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:16

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Well, if we ever need to colonise Mars because of a worldwide disaster of some sort, I will expect Johnny to let us all live with him on his acre of mars. He has now become the saviour of us all.

13An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:18

Bwfc1958 wrote:Well, if we ever need to colonise Mars because of a worldwide disaster of some sort, I will expect Johnny to let us all live with him on his acre of mars. He has now become the saviour of us all.
Ten acres.  And for the sake of sub a hundred quid for ten acres i may buy more.  50 acres for all fellow nutters.

Ill be the king of mars............(awaiting edit to king of mars bars)

14An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:21

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bwfc1958 wrote:Well, if we ever need to colonise Mars because of a worldwide disaster of some sort, I will expect Johnny to let us all live with him on his acre of mars. He has now become the saviour of us all.

I can just see the whole of nuts at the last departing shuttle for mars before the imminent destruction of earth with Johnny in the lead demanding evacuation to the new promised land, however given how well some on here get along I may just take being hit squarely in the backside by a comet as a less painful option than setting up the First republic of Bolton Nuts on Mars. alien

15An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:24

I was counting on you as chief of police fab.  Dont let me down.

16An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:24

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Kp can open the first Martian Bargain Booze.

17An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:25

Bwfc1958 wrote:Kp can open the first Martian Bargain Booze.
I was thinking he could dust off his fur coat and pimp stick and run the red light area.  Nat will need someone to keep her inline

18An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:26

Just dont give Boncey the job of running the entertainment

19An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny we need a couple of dog cages to put on your shuttle for one or two folk on here. Very Happy

20An acre of land on Mars Empty Re: An acre of land on Mars Wed Oct 05 2016, 11:27

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2j 3.0 wrote:Just dont give Boncey the job of running the entertainment

Panda keeper at the zoo?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum