Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters Trust

+15
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
Buellix
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
karlypants
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
gloswhite
observer
Bollotom2014
Norpig
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 13]

151Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 12:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m sure someone was trying to post a picture then?

152Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 12:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

153Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 12:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fighting fund.... Hahahaha.

154Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 12:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I honestly still don't understand what this is all about?

I've broken what they've said into the three elements they say the money is for - I think that's what they are saying anyway?

boltonbonce wrote:The purpose of this Fighting Fund will be to raise emergency and immediate funding to cover the associated costs that will arise in the Supporters’ Trust dealing with an administration of the club.

This fund will cover legal costs,

contribute to any shortfalls in funding an administration

and to cover costs that will undoubtedly be incurred in making representation to the EFL in the event that they look to impose any unfair penalties as a result of recent events

The first bit legal cost's - ok a bit nebulous but let's accept that for now.

The second bit is funding shortfalls in Admin - are they saying they've somehow acquired the club in the Administration process??  If so where's the money to be able to do this has come from as even the chair of the ST himself Terrance Rigby said at the ST forum a week or so ago that the cost of Admin was £750,000 - the £25k they are crowd funding wouldn't fund Admin for even a day!

The third thing is for fighting the probable points penalty the club will get (which implies they would now own the club - why fight point deductions on something they don't own?) - but again where have they got the money to even run the club in Admin let alone bring the club out of Admin which will take millions?

It's not making any sense to me and even if everything was ok £25k what they are crowdfunding for (plus the £60k or so that the ST as left in its bank account) isn't going to last two seconds if they really are after taking over the club under Administration

All I can think is that someone else is backing them but they haven't got much money themselves if they need the ST to scrape up £25k to put into the pot?

Anyway when are all those high net worth individuals and companies they claim they know going to buy the club for them - or was that just another lie?

155Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust launch 'Fighting Fund'

WANDERERS fans have been asked to contribute to the Supporters’ Trust’s ‘Fighting Fund’ to help cover costs during a potential administration.

Reaction to the trust’s announcement that a share issue could soon be launched to help save the club has been positive – with more than 200 people getting in touch to register their support.

Regulations of the EFL ensure that if an administrator is appointed at Bolton, they must talk with the trust board immediately.

That guarantee has enabled the trust to bring together various parties with a view to securing the club if admin is triggered. Identities of the individuals or business involved are, as yet, unknown – but the fighting fund has now been launched as a ‘piggy bank’ to help fund costs for legal advice or, potentially, barristers.

More than £5,000 has already been donated to the fund. 

The trust has also vowed to fight any potential points penalties which are imposed by the EFL for the failure to fulfil a home game against Brentford, which will be decided by an independent panel in the coming weeks. 

The money raised will NOT be used to bid for the club in administration. 

The mainstay of any potential offer to an administrator would come via high net worth backers and/or via the CIC share issue.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

156Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A good few £100 donations but Jen has donated £200.

I hope she’s not going to regret that in the near future.

157Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of negativity on here about this fighting fund which i'm quite surprised at. I've not been the ST's biggest fan but they are at least trying to do something constructive as administration looks nailed on now.
They know they can't afford to take over the club but if they can help bring together interested parties and help the club out than where's the harm?

158Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:A lot of negativity on here about this fighting fund which i'm quite surprised at. I've not been the ST's biggest fan but they are at least trying to do something constructive as administration looks nailed on now.
They know they can't afford to take over the club but if they can help bring together interested parties and help the club out than where's the harm?
Think Dad's Army.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I bags the role of Private Godfrey. Sluffy can be Warden Hodges.

159Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Over 6K raised so far and going up quickly.

160Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:They know they can't afford to take over the club but if they can help bring together interested parties and help the club out than where's the harm?
Why can’t the official supporters trust do this? 

Why do we need another supporters group?

161Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is the official supporters Trust KP

162Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:It is the official supporters Trust KP
What’s the other thing then?

163Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The other thing is a share offer which would mean the ST are looking to buy part or all of the club but that hasn't been launched yet. I suspect that will be aimed at the more wealthy business men and companies wanting to be a part of owning the club.
Can't really see this coming off but with things as bad as they are you just never know.

164Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Leeds did one of these it would raise millions.

This is so tin pot.

165Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck off and support Leeds then.

166Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:A lot of negativity on here about this fighting fund which i'm quite surprised at. I've not been the ST's biggest fan but they are at least trying to do something constructive as administration looks nailed on now.

That's not what they are saying the money is for though!

The money is as they state for three things -

1 - Their legal fees - but what legal fees will they incur?
2 - Running the club in Administration - £25k won't pay for a single days cost's in Admin.
3 - Fighting possible EFL sanctions for next year - why would they want money for that if they don't even own the club?

I can understand them trying to raise money to buy the club but they clearly say it IS NOT for that reason (See Iles article above).

Note also that the ST have said the Board will spend the money how they see fit - they aren't going to refund it to people.

Also it's worth noting that two of the board have details in the public domain about, shall we say, inappropriate use funds they have previously been in control of!

See the links I've posted earlier on in this thread.

167Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw all that Sluffy, i think they may not have worded it correctly to be fair, The funding during administration would be to cover their costs for lawyers etc as the EFL have to contact the ST when we go into administration i would think.
A lot of piss taking on here but what are you prepared to do to save the club?

168Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:The other thing is a share offer which would mean the ST are looking to buy part or all of the club but that hasn't been launched yet. I suspect that will be aimed at the more wealthy business men and companies wanting to be a part of owning the club.
Can't really see this coming off but with things as bad as they are you just never know.
I meant there is another supporters association that’s official that was here first no?

169Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're probably thinking of the supporters association,KP.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

170Supporters Trust - Page 9 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue May 07 2019, 13:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Fuck off and support Leeds then.

Bit much. Hope the mods have a quiet word. 

Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum