Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 50]

921OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 16 2022, 13:43

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The Glazers haven't spent any of their own money but yes Man Utd will probably have spent the 3rd most money in the transfer market after Chelsea and Man City in the last say 15 years.
The Glazers bought Man Utd to make money for themselves which they have been very successful at.Chelsea and Man City have both had owners prepared to donate billions of pounds to buy footballers.

The issue for Sky is that Man Utd are far better supported than both Chelsea and Man City, success for the latter two doesn't sell the volume of subscriptons that a successful Man Utd does.
The novelty of Man Utd being shite will sell subscriptions to some haters for a while but they will get bored.Towards the end of his career a declining Muhammad Ali fought for the money but people lost interest in paying to watch him get twatted

922OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 16 2022, 14:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:The Glazers haven't spent any of their own money but yes Man Utd will probably have spent the 3rd most money in the transfer market after Chelsea and Man City in the last say 15 years.
The Glazers bought Man Utd to make money for themselves which they have been very successful at.Chelsea and Man City have both had owners prepared to donate billions of pounds to buy footballers.

The issue for Sky is that Man Utd are far better supported than both Chelsea and Man City, success for the latter two doesn't sell the volume of subscriptons that a successful Man Utd does.
The novelty of Man Utd being shite will sell subscriptions to some haters for a while but they will get bored.Towards the end of his career a declining Muhammad Ali fought for the money but people lost interest in paying to watch him get twatted
I don't disagree other than to say it's irrelevant where the money comes from - their failure to win anything is down to how they've spent it.

923OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 16 2022, 14:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the manure were successful on the pitch, the fans wouldn't give the Glazer's a second thought. Newcastle are owned by a murderous regime, but will be completely embraced if they bring success.
That's the football world.
Don't tell me you all wouldn't have idolised Megson if he'd taken us to the top four, or better,boring football or not.
It's how football works now.

924OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 16 2022, 14:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:If the manure were successful on the pitch, the fans wouldn't give the Glazer's a second thought. Newcastle are owned by a murderous regime, but will be completely embraced if they bring success.
That's the football world.
Don't tell me you all wouldn't have idolised Megson if he'd taken us to the top four, or better,boring football or not.
It's how football works now.
Very true Bonce, you can’t disagree with that.

925OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Aug 18 2022, 14:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forest are signing Gibbs White from Wolves, how much money have they spent so far? Must be around 150 million!

926OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Aug 18 2022, 16:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Forest are signing Gibbs White from Wolves, how much money have they spent so far? Must be around 150 million!
It's presumably planned spending - the team that got them promoted had loads of loanees in it so they had to buy a new team.

Not a bad strategy to get back to the prem from the Championship really - no transfer fees to get you promoted so the initial outlay is relatively low, not getting stuck with players who aren't prem standard so there are no surplus wages and then blowing most if not all  of the prem tv income in a bid to stay at the top table - which if successful will pay it's way in future seasons. All depends on the signings they make and the wages they offer, but they seem to be going for proven performers who are out of favour (like Allardyce did) which is smart if the deals are right.

927OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Aug 19 2022, 10:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched the Jam Tarts playing FC Zurich last night which the Swiss won 2 -1. Their first goal was a beautiful control/spin/volley by some Spanish lad out of the Barca academy and the second was a bullet in the top bins from a now 36 year old Blerim Dzemaili who is ending his career in his home city.
He's still got it, bossing the midfield, getting stuck in, fantastic feet, spraying inch perfect passes around the park and generally reminding me of what we missed out on when we let him go.
Spilt milk and all that - but he is still a pleasure to watch.
Second leg soon....

928OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Aug 21 2022, 10:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maatsen's red card for Burnley made me laugh...

929OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 30 2022, 13:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scott Parker sacked today! It seems it's not because of the 9-0 drubbing but more because he has been criticizing the owner over not backing him with money to go and recruit better players.

Sounds like the owner is happy to see his team go down and pocket the mega money you get for finishing bottom and the parachute payments

930OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 31 2022, 10:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Scott Parker sacked today! It seems it's not because of the 9-0 drubbing but more because he has been criticizing the owner over not backing him with money to go and recruit better players.

Sounds like the owner is happy to see his team go down and pocket the mega money you get for finishing bottom and the parachute payments
Just got them promoted and is 4 games into the season.
Certainly doesn't seem he was sacked for "footballing" reasons.

931OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 31 2022, 10:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Just got them promoted and is 4 games into the season.
Certainly doesn't seem he was sacked for "footballing" reasons.
He was sacked for constantly wearing that stupid cardigan. I hate it.

932OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 31 2022, 10:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
He was sacked for constantly wearing that stupid cardigan. I hate it.
Whereas I, in the interest of political correctness gone mad, dislike it somewhat Smile

933OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 31 2022, 11:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Whereas I, in the interest of political correctness gone mad, dislike it somewhat Smile
OK, I'll play the game. 

He constantly wore a garment that didn't really suit him.

934OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 31 2022, 11:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never understood the allure of these things.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62724334

935OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Sep 03 2022, 13:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Celtic v Rangers in the first Old Firm derby of the season and Jota's goal is a thing of beauty. Celtic playing some beautiful stuff - pace, control, passing, movement topped off with clinical finishing - everything Evatt would like us to be.

HT Celtic 3 Rangers 0

936OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Sep 04 2022, 14:22

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It may be very childish of me but I hate Jonny Evans so much that there is nothing more enjoyable to me about the Premier League than Leicester conceding goals.

937OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Sep 04 2022, 21:58

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

finlaymcdanger wrote:It may be very childish of me but I hate Jonny Evans so much that there is nothing more enjoyable to me about the Premier League than Leicester conceding goals.
I know what you are saying but I more hated the managers that had spent decent money but left Bolton with a one man midfield.And the one man had just had his career ended

938OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Sep 04 2022, 22:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:It may be very childish of me but I hate Jonny Evans so much

Stuart Holden?

939OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 05 2022, 02:13

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Stuart Holden?
Yes

940OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 47 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 05 2022, 02:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Yes
Me too, same reason.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum