Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A social media/phone free xmas

+2
Norpig
y2johnny
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A social media/phone free xmas Empty A social media/phone free xmas Fri Dec 22 2017, 08:36

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ive decided to take a break from all social media and checking my phone.  Due to work i am always checking it and the kids have noticed more so recently.  

I feel bad i am always on it for one thing or another but there is absolutely no reason for me to check it other than if it rings with a call over xmas so it will be going on the charging table and staying there for a bit.

Its my first lot of time off this year from work apart from the odd day here and there so the two weeks will be spent devoting 100 percent of my attention to them.  How it should be all the time really!

Anyone else feel like they spend far too much time neglecting more important stuff whilst dwindling timeaway on a phone/tablet/computer?

2A social media/phone free xmas Empty Re: A social media/phone free xmas Fri Dec 22 2017, 08:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't spend too much time on my phone but my kids certainly will after Christmas. My son is getting a new xbox and they are both getting smart tv's so with a bit of luck they won't mither me over Christmas and i can start to make a dent in my growing beer collection  Very Happy

Enjoy your break Johnny,you've earned it mate.

3A social media/phone free xmas Empty Re: A social media/phone free xmas Fri Dec 22 2017, 10:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I would do the same, but I'm not at work, and I've got no friends  Very Happy

Have a good one Johnny, and you Mr Pig.

4A social media/phone free xmas Empty Re: A social media/phone free xmas Fri Dec 22 2017, 11:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Ive decided to take a break from all social media and checking my phone.  Due to work i am always checking it and the kids have noticed more so recently.  

I feel bad i am always on it for one thing or another but there is absolutely no reason for me to check it other than if it rings with a call over xmas so it will be going on the charging table and staying there for a bit.

Its my first lot of time off this year from work apart from the odd day here and there so the two weeks will be spent devoting 100 percent of my attention to them.  How it should be all the time really!

Anyone else feel like they spend far too much time neglecting more important stuff whilst dwindling timeaway on a phone/tablet/computer?
I feel the same way to be honest. It's so easy to whip the phone out of your pocket and do emails and have a sneaky 5mins on Golf Clash or rocket league as in your case Johnny. Very Happy

It becomes a bad habit and I remember seeing a group of youngsters in the pub  all sat round a table with their heads in their phones. They might as not have been there!

I think people need to have a break away from technology in general anyway regardless that it is Christmas next week.

5A social media/phone free xmas Empty Re: A social media/phone free xmas Fri Dec 22 2017, 14:33

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well merry Xmas to you all. 

Work all done and I'm sure once ive been drove potty ill be sneaking a nuts break on the bog Smile

Smile

6A social media/phone free xmas Empty Re: A social media/phone free xmas Fri Dec 22 2017, 18:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Well merry Xmas to you all. 

Work all done and I'm sure once ive been drove potty ill be sneaking a nuts break on the bog Smile

Smile
Merry Christmas mate. santa

7A social media/phone free xmas Empty Re: A social media/phone free xmas Fri Dec 22 2017, 19:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A social media/phone free xmas 12072724_10156135997790010_2439823689517744348_n

8A social media/phone free xmas Empty Re: A social media/phone free xmas Fri Dec 22 2017, 23:59

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Ive decided to take a break from all social media and checking my phone.  Due to work i am always checking it and the kids have noticed more so recently.  

I feel the same way to be honest. It's so easy to whip the phone out of your pocket and do emails and have a sneaky 5mins on Golf Clash or rocket league as in your case Johnny. Very Happy

It becomes a bad habit and I remember seeing a group of youngsters in the pub  all sat round a table with their heads in their phones. They might as not have been there!

I think people need to have a break away from technology in general anyway regardless that it is Christmas next week.
No KP it's not Christmas ,according to many tv channels and celebs it's the holiday ::wtf::

9A social media/phone free xmas Empty Re: A social media/phone free xmas Mon Dec 25 2017, 20:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum