Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rotherham 1-1 Bolton

+12
boltonbonce
Gothic_Wanderer
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
rammywhite
wessy
Growler
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 15 2018, 15:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yay - proper footie is back at the weekend!
We're in a bit of a slide at the moment so an away trip to fellow strugglers Rotherham is exactly what we need. They got whupped by the rejuvenated Brum last time out but had respectable draws with Stoke and Bristol recently and beat Derby at home last month so they're no pushovers. However if Parky picks the right team - possibly including Ireland - we should be able to get at them. I'm going for 1 - 1 though.

2Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 15 2018, 15:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a must win but a mustn't lose so i'd be happy with a draw after our recent performances.

3Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 15 2018, 16:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the sort of game we always lose. It's like Burton away last season.

2-0 to the home side.

4Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 15 2018, 16:37

wanderlust wrote:Yay - proper footie is back at the weekend!
We're in a bit of a slide at the moment so an away trip to fellow strugglers Rotherham is exactly what we need. They got whupped by the rejuvenated Brum last time out but had respectable draws with Stoke and Bristol recently and beat Derby at home last month so they're no pushovers. However if Parky picks the right team - possibly including Ireland - we should be able to get at them. I'm going for 1 - 1 though.

Ireland for who? Think I’d prefer to see two up top with Doidge and Magennis, Oz begins them then Lowe Williams and Vela or O’neill.

5Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 15 2018, 16:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two things are certain: Ireland won't play. Doidge won't play.

6Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 15 2018, 17:05

Ye probably right. Parky is slow to change and early season it looked like we’d found our system, think he’ll stick with it a while longer.

7Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 15 2018, 17:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sadly he seems immune to playing two up top, even against the teams that are considered our relegation rivals.

8Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 15 2018, 17:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It’s going to be a Bolton win this one.

9Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Tue Oct 16 2018, 12:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamie Proctor. 'Nuff said.

10Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Tue Oct 16 2018, 13:17

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Must win for me this. If we're going to pick up any more away wins then we have to beat teams like Rotherham who are as bad as anyone, if not the worst, in the league.

11Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Tue Oct 16 2018, 13:40

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I would take a point before the match kicks off but don't fancy us to get one.
Parky has lost the plot recently picking too many defensive players at home to QPR and then too many attacking players away at Stoke.There won't be many teams in this division who pick a more attacking team at Stoke than they do at home to QPR.

I would like Parky to get back to the selection and tactics that won the away games at Reading and West Brom, 3 defensive midfielders to keep a clean sheet and then cash in on their defensive mistakes.I don't think we have good enough attacking players to go to Rotherham to try and beat them in a game of end to end football.
I think Parky will select Oz plus 2 wingers and we'll get beat.
This is a huge must win game for Rotherham and they are ok at home

12Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Tue Oct 16 2018, 16:12

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yep its a game we the fans would expect to win but the type of game that as seen us come unstuck in previous years like Burton last year. So would take a point.

13Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Tue Oct 16 2018, 17:16

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They're in dire straits and might see us as easy meat if they really have a go. With home advantage and our eternal generosity to struggling teams I think Rotherham will win.

Either 2-0 or 3-1

14Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Thu Oct 18 2018, 09:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref Watch: Tim Robinson to take charge of Wanderers' clash against Rotherham United

Tim Robinson will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship away clash against Rotherham United on Saturday afternoon at New York Stadium.

Entering into his eighth season as an referee, Robinson has officiated 13 games so far this season, in which he has produced 52 yellow cards and sent five players off.

When looking towards last season, Robinson produced 150 yellow cards in 47 games, branding 11 red cards in total.

The last time Robinson was in charge a Wanderers match was in February 2018, when he oversaw a 1-0 defeat to Cardiff City and showed Mark Beevers a yellow card.

Matthew Mcgrath and Mark Jones will run the line for the fixture, with Scott Ledger as fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Thu Oct 18 2018, 15:29

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Easy to under estimate this game i agree we  need to be taking points but they have the 9th best home form in the Championship identical to Leeds and Derby. Three wins two draws and one defeat. However the one loss was to Hull so we do have a chance.

16Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Thu Oct 18 2018, 15:48

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

10 points from the first 5 games was a great start to our second season in The Championship.

5 points from the last  7 games  and we are back to last seasons form, back to a bottom six struggle.  

A point a game for the rest of the season would give us 49 points and survival.

Let's hope they are fit and ready to go after the international break and Parky has sharpened his tactical wits.

17Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Thu Oct 18 2018, 16:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cajunboy wrote: and Parky has sharpened his tactical wits.
That did make me laugh.

18Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Thu Oct 18 2018, 16:48

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just living in hope!!!

19Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Thu Oct 18 2018, 19:48

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Ref Watch: Tim Robinson to take charge of Wanderers' clash against Rotherham United

Tim Robinson will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship away clash against Rotherham United on Saturday afternoon at New York Stadium.

Entering into his eighth season as an referee, Robinson has officiated 13 games so far this season, in which he has produced 52 yellow cards and sent five players off.

When looking towards last season, Robinson produced 150 yellow cards in 47 games, branding 11 red cards in total.

The last time Robinson was in charge a Wanderers match was in February 2018, when he oversaw a 1-0 defeat to Cardiff City and showed Mark Beevers a yellow card.

Matthew Mcgrath and Mark Jones will run the line for the fixture, with Scott Ledger as fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Changed ref for this, it's now that wanker we had v Bristol City John Brooks, now he was a bad one.

20Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Thu Oct 18 2018, 23:15

Can’t see Parky changing tactics, so far so good away from home this season. Hopefully he sticks with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum