Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rotherham 1-1 Bolton

+12
boltonbonce
Gothic_Wanderer
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
rammywhite
wessy
Growler
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:04 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not the worst result in the world, hopefully a goal for Doidge will give him some confidence. Good to see Parky had 3 strikers on the pitch towards the end, the ending to the Blackburn game was about as limp as it gets.

42Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:12 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

43Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:13 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers Bonce. Smile

44Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have saved that while eating a Twirl.

45Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:27 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Yes, but your not allowed to block the whole goal by lying down in front of it  Very Happy

46Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:57 pm

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Another match where we failed to have a shot in the 1st half. Might just turn up for the 2nd half next week. Maybe that is an idea to pitch to Ken, 2nd half season tickets.

47Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:29 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again we showed a lot of defensive frailty despite the 3 DMs and could have conceded a few before we finally did,  but when it happened we showed a bit more attacking intent and pulled off a draw. Obvious question is why Parky doesn't do that from the off? Still there were positives with Donaldson proving surprisingly effective and Doidge getting the chance he needed to show what he can do best but it seems Parky still hasn't found the combo that will give us more wins.
Happy with the draw but it's still not quite right.

48Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:31 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: Obvious question is why Parky doesn't do that from the off?

You'd be the first to moan if he started with 3 strikers.

49Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:34 am

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yet another utterly guff performance, i wouldn't mind if the shite that is being served up was effective, but it isnt, and Ken wants people to cough up to improve attendances, get real who apart from the hard core are gonna pay to watch parkys dross, on a positive great finish from CD. !!!

50Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:36 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote: Obvious question is why Parky doesn't do that from the off?

You're deliberately misunderstanding the point I'm making now.

51Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:27 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I don't think anybody would moan if he started with 3 strikers, but we all know he won't so it's a moot point.

52Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Most teams in this league would dick us if we started 3 strikers against them, we’d be overrun and it would be madness. 

Parky did well yesterday, got us out of a hole with decisive and aggressive changes. Not sure we’d have got that point last season - there’s more belief in the squad now.

53Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:16 pm

bryan458 wrote:Yet another utterly guff performance, i wouldn't mind if the shite that is being served up was effective, but it isnt

But it is - we’ve been promoted and stayed up playing this way. Parky isn’t going to change and at this point, why should he?

54Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:19 pm

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Does Magennis not understand the offside rule? He was offside far too much.

55Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:01 am

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:
bryan458 wrote:Yet another utterly guff performance, i wouldn't mind if the shite that is being served up was effective, but it isnt

But it is - we’ve been promoted and stayed up playing this way. Parky isn’t going to change and at this point, why should he?
I think your very easily pleased !!! Mad Mad

56Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:09 am

I just think it’s about being realistic, we’ve spent almost no money in 3 years so I just don’t expect much. Megson spent cash so I expected more of a return.

If we ever get investment and they put money into the club my expectations will shift.

57Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:38 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Most teams in this league would dick us if we started 3 strikers against them, we’d be overrun and it would be madness. 

Parky did well yesterday, got us out of a hole with decisive and aggressive changes. Not sure we’d have got that point last season - there’s more belief in the squad now.
When you say "most teams in this league would dick us", which ones would not dick us if not Rotherham? 

I agree that survival is the objective and that we can't expect fantastic quality given the budget, but I also think it's a valid point that whilst we continue to have so few chances up front and exert so little pressure on defences over 90 minutes it's worrying where the next win will come from. 

If we are ever going to go for it, isn't it better to do so against the teams at the bottom rather than those at the top?

58Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:45 am

Yes teams like Rotherham are who we should be more gung ho against, that’s why we were? No reason to start like that we should be keeping it tight.

59Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:13 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Yes teams like Rotherham are who we should be more gung ho against, that’s why we were? No reason to start like that we should be keeping it tight.
I think there's a very good reason for starting off on the front foot against teams that are struggling and that is an early goal for us would undermine their confidence and make them less willing to attack in numbers. I don't get conceding the initiative until we go behind. 
It's been said that starting with two strikers is an attacking move but if they are starved of service all it's doing is increasing the chances of holding the ball up a bit longer when we hoof it clear and that doesn't do much unless the midfield are willing to push up and support which Williams, Lowe and O'Neil weren't. At least Vela pushed on a bit when he came on, but we needed more bodies to support the strikers and the wingers were relatively anonymous.

60Rotherham 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:57 pm

It’s not a case of handing the initiative to Rotherham, quite the opposite in fact. I’d say Parky is struggling in central midfield in that Williams, O’neill and Vela are supposedly box to box players but don’t have enough about them (currently) to perform that role successfully - isolating the striker(s). I’d like to seeOz in the team every week, but not sure he’s effective unless played as a number 10 - which won’t haooen with 2 up front.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum