Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club Future - Administration or bust?

+27
finlaymcdanger
okocha
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
wanderlust
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
rogercpc
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Nigelbwfc
observer
maconman
rammywhite
Norpig
boltonbonce
DEANO82
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
xmiles
karlypants
y2johnny
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 45 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 52]

Struggle to see how paying yourself half a million in consultancy fees is acceptable while the clubs going through such a torrid time.

Each to their own of course.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Struggle to see how paying yourself half a million in consultancy fees is acceptable while the clubs going through such a torrid time.

Each to their own of course.

That was from two seasons ago - and some believe it was basically a ruse to pay off Holdsworth and acquire his shares more than lining his own pockets.

Maybe he's taken the same or even more in the next accounts - who knows until we see them - but everyone and his dog seems convinced (without proof) that he has.

Even if he has it would seem the accounts including payment for whatever he took out, will show a small trading surplus.

My point yet again is that the vast majority of people have already decided what Anderson has done - yet have no actual proof that he is actually done anything.

Even if he has, the club if we are to believe what has been flagged up previously (on the back of Madine's transfer) should show a profit for that years account, then what exactly has he done wrong - don't you take a wage for the work you do, I certainly do.

Has he actually paid himself anything in this season's accounting period - have you proof to say he has or are you just guessing and making up your own story like most everyone else seems to be doing?

The bloke may well be guilty of everything he's been accused of but I thought you more than most would be arguing alongside me that any man/woman is innocent until proven guilty - and that's all basically that I've been doing and saying all along.

Is the proof he paid himself the fee, not just that the accounts say so? Not sure what more you’re after?

Last edited by T.R.O.Y on Tue Apr 16 2019, 20:46; edited 1 time in total

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

One thing is for certain, and that's KA is a fucking charlatan, Shaun Harvey said the club had sufficient funds to finish this season, yet Anderson chooses not to use them to pay staff, some say it's because their account has been frozen, yet still receive monies paid in, how the fuck does that work? Anderson is a fucking slimeball of the highest order.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:One thing is for certain, and that's KA is a fucking charlatan, Shaun Harvey said the club had sufficient funds to finish this season, yet Anderson chooses not to use them to pay staff, some say it's because their account has been frozen, yet still receive monies paid in, how the fuck does that work? Anderson is a fucking slimeball of the highest order.

It works to protect any unscrupulous owner emptying the bank accounts in advance of a winding up petition - pretty standard - and sensible - stuff really.

There is a valid theory that the money is not actually in the clubs account (BWFC/Burnden Leisure) but in Anderson's ICI Ltd account, to ring fence it against anything bad happening to the club - and it is there to square off other creditors such as potential factoring companies.  It's only a theory though as up to now no one has been able to see any security by such companies taken against ICI Ltd assets.

At the end of the day it is a set of simple equations that will give us the answers
- was there ever enough money going into the club to pay off what needed paying.
- if there wasn't, that's why we have hit the buffers now.
- if there was - has any illegal amount been taken out of it that as caused the financial problems now?
- If so the Serious Fraud Office will need to be called in when the books finally become available and action taken.

Until then nobody actually knows what the truth of the matter is - although plenty have already set up lynch mobs.

No amount of name calling or speculation will change anything at all until the truth finally comes out.

It's as simple as that.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Sluffy for your overly long reply as usual, but you just can't help yourself can you? Anyone who is anti KA and has a different opinion than you is irrational, a weirdo, an extremist and a loony?  Rolling Eyes

No one is going to be sued on here for voicing an opinion on Kenocchio so stop dressing it up as if you are doing us and the forum a great service. You just don't like people having a different opinion than you, which for someone who basically runs a forum is very worrying.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Thanks Sluffy for your overly long reply as usual, but you just can't help yourself can you? Anyone who is anti KA and has a different opinion than you is irrational, a weirdo, an extremist and a loony?  Rolling Eyes

No one is going to be sued on here for voicing an opinion on Kenocchio so stop dressing it up as if you are doing us and the forum a great service. You just don't like people having a different opinion than you, which for someone who basically runs a forum is very worrying.

Do you go out of your way to deliberately misunderstand what I say?

I've never said anyone who is anti-Ken is a weirdo, etc - my point is simply to say that those that do are the NORM in this instance and thus the few that AREN'T are viewed as having 'extreme' views compared to most other people.  

It's what we as a society do - it's not a pro or anti Ken thing, we do it in respect of everything.

As for me not liking people having a different opinion than myself, then why is it that after all the years that Nuts as been going that the only person of note to ever have been banned was Bread for abuse and then only after countless opportunities to behave himself?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well Anderson's latest notes don't make good reading.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:Well Anderson's latest notes don't make good reading.

Read it and take from it what you will although it indicates a bleak future for BWFC.
I think we may be the first of many. Outside of the Premiership there is no money to be made in owning football clubs and I think we will be the first of many to go to the wall. We'll be used as an example of the folly of club ownership. We will be used as the prime example of why football clubs fail. We might be the catalyst that bring some sanity to the game either in terms of much more money filtering down from the premiership or clubs being run on a better financial footing without the ridiculous salaries that are being paid to players and agents.
I don't know and don't want to know what we are paying our second and third rate players at Bolton but I imagine they are vast in terms of what the average person in the UK earns and its time that sanity is brought to bear in the lower leagues.
I heard on radio that the average salary for a League 2 player is £75,000 a year. That's three time what it should be.
Its time that the nonsense stopped and I think we might be the flag bearer that begins to get some sense into the game.
We'll be a case study for not owning a football club and how to get it disastrously wrong if you do.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A lot of clubs are struggling and can't compete financially at least. A massive reorganization of the leagues is in order. Regional clubs with salary caps etc......similar to sports in the USA. Never going to happen in my lifetime of course. As I have said before in 25 years the bottom leagues will be virtual amatures and probably gone anyhow. 
Good or bad....football is a business.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
observer wrote:I gave him the benefit of the doubt until he blatantly lied about paying the salaries out of his pocket... and to find out that was not the truth.

I think it is widely accepted that he did pay the players February salaries out of his own funds.

I suspect he will end up paying the players March salaries as well.

Whether those funds should have been in the club in the first place though is a different matter!

I believe it was the December salaries that he professed came out of his pocket, but was disproved later.  He may very well have covered it later on, but his immediate statement of paying it out of his pocket proved false.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:Thanks Sluffy for your overly long reply as usual, but you just can't help yourself can you? Anyone who is anti KA and has a different opinion than you is irrational, a weirdo, an extremist and a loony?  Rolling Eyes

I've never said anyone who is anti-Ken is a weirdo, etc - my point is simply to say that those that do are the NORM in this instance and thus the few that AREN'T are viewed as having 'extreme' views compared to most other people.  

It's what we as a society do - it's not a pro or anti Ken thing, we do it in respect of everything.

As for me not liking people having a different opinion than myself, then why is it that after all the years that Nuts as been going that the only person of note to ever have been banned was Bread for abuse and then only after countless opportunities to behave himself?
I give up Sluffy, you should be in politics you really should  Rolling Eyes

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Well Anderson's latest notes don't make good reading.

so have the players been paid now? What happens in a couple of weeks when the next payment is due?
Is there anyone lined up to take us over? Has Bassini now vanished as well?
Lots of the usual it's not my fault Guv, it all happened before i came along but no real substance.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jim White on TALKSHITE kicked his 10am slot off  with  good news for all BOLTON  fans, BAZA is in talks with Harvey from the EFL.. Promising takeover news later in the radio programme.

Never mentioned it again, not even at the end of the tripe he calls a show.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[size=1]More
[/size]
The number of people claiming Laurence Bassini has agreed a deal to buy Ken Anderson's shares in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] now hard to ignore. Might be time to don your hard hats...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

That's outrageous coming from the person who is crowing about this £231 million nonsense on multiple chat forums in the full knowledge that you compounded two different accounts filings at different points in time, one of which was before ED wrote off his debt in order to come up with the imaginary figure.
People are starting to think you have an agenda  :rofl:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[ltr]@MarcIles[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[size=1]More
[/size]
The number of people claiming Laurence Bassini has agreed a deal to buy Ken Anderson's shares in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] now hard to ignore. Might be time to don your hard hats...
Yup it's all kicking off on Twitter today, but I'm not sure if it's desperation for something to happen or something much more sinister. 
Anderson's press release was the usual self-vindication, but at least the players are back in training having been told a takeover is imminent. Again.
Bassini remains a major concern but it looks like all other options have gone bar liquidation or admin if someone will fund it.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So have we figured out who was/is Howard?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
observer wrote:I gave him the benefit of the doubt until he blatantly lied about paying the salaries out of his pocket... and to find out that was not the truth.

I think it is widely accepted that he did pay the players February salaries out of his own funds.

I suspect he will end up paying the players March salaries as well.

Whether those funds should have been in the club in the first place though is a different matter!

I believe it was the December salaries that he professed came out of his pocket, but was disproved later.  He may very well have covered it later on, but his immediate statement of paying it out of his pocket proved false.

Well according to what was said at the time he did indeed state he had reached an agreement with the players to pay out of his own pocket and reported that as such in his notes.

However the following day the players rescinded on the agreement (notified him accordingly) and decided to progress their grievance via their union the PFA.

The PFA stated they would pay the wages but when they did their checks on the club they found an old winding up petition outstanding (which apparently was just an admin error that somebody had forgotten to tick a box or something), to take it off the system to show that it already had been dealt with), so withdrew their offer until awaiting this to be confirmed as already being settled.

During this kerfuffle the Doidge saga had kicked off and the EFL stepped in and paid everyone (including the players wages) who was an outstanding football creditor at that time - with the large payment due to all the clubs in January.

So did Anderson actually lie when at the time when he said he was going to pay the wages, or was he telling the truth but was overtaken by events?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:So have we figured out who was/is Howard?
He claimed to be a PR guy for a potential buyer who had a particular interest in developing the land, but the deal was scuppered at the last minute by Bassini's appearance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 45 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum