Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club Future - Administration or bust?

+27
finlaymcdanger
okocha
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
wanderlust
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
rogercpc
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Nigelbwfc
observer
maconman
rammywhite
Norpig
boltonbonce
DEANO82
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
xmiles
karlypants
y2johnny
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 52]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A big part of the problem here isn't with the site itself but with what's happening at BWFC

Everyone has at least one idea on how to solve it, everyone's convinved their idea is the only one that will work and that anyone who disagrees is an idiot. But we all know the fundamental truth.

There is nothing we can do to actually change what's happening on and off the field with the club we all love and tempers have frayed as a result over the last two years in particular. Add in that internet fora such as this one are becoming less and less popular as more and more people use things like Twitter instead and it can magnify what really should be a 'nothing' post into a major problem.

The fact is there's plenty of room for disagreement without the personal insults etc but this forum is in a way a 'safe' place to vent the upset and anger we're all feeling about our club rather than letting it into our 'real' lives. Unfortunately some of us take it too far and don't know when to stop. While I don't think sluffy is in any way perfect and I do feel he's been wrong sometimes he's far from alone in allowing molehills to become mountains.

Guys, we all and I do mean ALL have much more important things to worry about than this forum. Perhaps we can just take this back to what it was meant to be, a place to have a light hearted banter be it about BWFC, other football or even the magnificent "Brucie" who is probably tap dancing with Ginger Rodgers right now and showing Fred how it should be done.

Let's make it fun to be a nutter again.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Dear me, the whole point of a forum is for discussion about differing views. That has been continually stifled over the last 12-18 months.

Differing views and opinions are one thing, abuse and constant denial of published facts from accountants and auditors because they don't fit with their agenda is quite frankly something different altogether.

Norpig wrote:I have to agree with this, you say the site is dying but you need to take a large share of the blame for that Sluffy. People are still signing up on here but don't post in general and i can see why.
The constant lectures and your inability to see you cause most of the friction on here is the main problem.
Sad to say it Sluffy but i'll bet that away from here and in the real world you are not as pompous and patronising as you have become on here.

If I'm pompous because I want to Nuts to be as best as it can be for everyone to join in, and patronising because I don't want it to turn into a dumbed down Bolton News comments section - then I'm as guilty as charged.

Two things have killed this site namely rabid views about Brexit and Anderson by two people in particular who both think they are much smarter and superior than the rest of us and more to the point can't abide to be seen to be wrong.

I wish to God Remain had won and Holdsworth had £5m of his own money and not pawned the club to BluMarble and had to have Anderson to get his hands on the club because of it - but both happened and we have to live with the consequences.  

Constant chest beating, bitching and bemoaning that these things shouldn't have happened because the referendum was 'rigged' or everyone who voted for Brexit was racist and Anderson was a crook 15 years ago so that means he's a crook still - without any proof to back such libellous statements up and a seeming vile hatred towards those who disagreed with them, was what has been the rotten at the heart of this forum ever since.

Well Ken seems to have gone and Brexit seems to have been delayed (maybe even put off for a year or more - unless or until the European elections in May result in a landslide vote for the Brexit parties!), so maybe now we can get back to some semblance of civility again on the forum, with hopefully a quiet summer and a fresh start in the third tier in August to look forward to.

That's my belated New Years wish anyway.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy as usual spot on.  :clap:

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So again Sluffy none of this is your fault eh? I give up, run this site how you want mate. If you can't see you have a big part in this site being a lot quieter then there's not much more i can say to be honest.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:So again Sluffy none of this is your fault eh? I give up, run this site how you want mate. If you can't see you have a big part in this site being a lot quieter then there's not much more i can say to be honest.
Our newest member is thogden. Not that thogden, surely?

He might have heard about my new slippers. I'll post a picture later. If I can be bothered.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce, are they the deluxe version zip ups with the go faster stripes on?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Bonce, are they the deluxe version zip ups with the go faster stripes on?
Certainly not. I'd look ridiculous wearing them with a mankini.

These are memory foam, non slip.

People can't wait to see them.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't see the mankini avatar, i think you need to put it back on Boncey  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hell no! You will be having nightmares for weeks Norpig! Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I didn't see the mankini avatar, i think you need to put it back on Boncey  Very Happy[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And it's not a mankini. Just 'normal' trunks.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus the cold weather hasn't affected his tackle has it?  Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Jesus the cold weather hasn't affected his tackle has it?  Laughing
I'm not sure about that. I, for one, wouldn't accept a banana off him.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair, I am more extremely concerned at the fact he’s wearing white socks with sandals! affraid

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks a bit like Cecil.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bad to worse......

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bad to worse......
Are you sure that's worse?   Play the U23's.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

observer wrote:

Bad to worse......
Why would you think the u23's will want to play?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:
observer wrote:

Bad to worse......
Why would you think the u23's will want to play?
They have something more to prove than the first team?

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Karly, you still haven't answered the question I asked you on the"Climate" thread......

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to Marc Iles, Laurence Bassini claims one of the major issues he has faced during negotiations to take control of the shares is that Ken Anderson is looking to stay on as a director

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum