Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iles throws a social media strop!

+9
finlaymcdanger
y2johnny
bryan458
Growler
MartinBWFC
DEANO82
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 09:57

Sluffy all I’ve done is ask you to back up your accusation - the same as I do to any poster across any topic. There’s no need for all of this absolute nonsense you’re posting, I’m not going to change my behaviour/style to suit you, so move on.

62Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 10:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Sluffy all I’ve done is ask you to back up your accusation - the same as I do to any poster across any topic. There’s no need for all of this absolute nonsense you’re posting, I’m not going to change my behaviour/style to suit you, so move on.

It wasn't an accusation I made, it was a statement of fact.

I backed it up by stating where the information was if you cared to look for it.

It's not my problem if you don't wish to believe me but to ceaselessly go on and on and on about it, is all about you and your agenda and goes far beyond any reasonable form chat/argument/discussion/banter/call it what you will.

You do it for your own pleasure/amusement/devilment and the site and the rest of the posters of it become secondary and irrelevant to you.

You do it deliberately - you try to manufacture arguments with me - I've called you out several times on even trying to start arguments on things I haven't even said!

You are the one that needs to move on from some perceived wrong I've done you on the internet in the past many years ago.

If you can't then more fool you for wasting your life being bitter and petty over nothing much at all.

63Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 11:00

Posting a link to thousands of tweets and saying it’s somewhere in there is not supporting your argument.

Don’t make the accusation if you can’t back it up is my view.

’I prefer to wait and see the facts before I judge’.

64Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 11:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Posting a link to thousands of tweets and saying it’s somewhere in there is not supporting your argument.

Don’t make the accusation if you can’t back it up is my view.

’I prefer to wait and see the facts before I judge’.

I don't give a fuck about your 'view'.

The facts are there - it's not up to me to prove anything to you.

If you want to find them go ahead - you will if you look hard enough.

If you don't give a fuck about my 'views' then great, it doesn't bother me in the least but to go on, and on, and on, and on, and on....and on, and on about nothing no one cares the least about is just deliberately arguing for the sake of it - and doing so for your pleasure and amusement - no one else's.

No one is enjoying this only you.

And the site and all of us who post on it are simply not here to amuse you.

You clearly don't care about that - or them.

And that's why you've thrown out your challenge for me to ban you and watch the site go into melt down because of it.

You couldn't give a fuck really just as long as you think you've got one over on me.

And even if you did - so what?

What would you actually achieve in the end?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

65Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 11:48

I didn’t ask you to care about my view, just telling you why I’ve asked you to provide evidence for your accusation. Again don’t think the rest of the nonsense trying to pin me as some sort of forum villain is necessary.

Let’s leave it at that then.

Cheers.

66Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 11:48

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Disagreements are obviously healthy for the site but does it always have to turn into a never-ending pissing contest? Isn't it possible to just agree to disagree occasionally instead of the perpetual tit-for-tat chronicles?

People are too quick to talk about bans as well. It seems like every time there's a dispute the suggestion or threat of a ban comes up. We've already lost great members (< cue Johnny) to the detriment of Nuts IMO and certainly don't need any more over a difference of opinion on an overentitled 'football journalist' with small-town syndrome.

Just quit it and have a read of this for some fucking context:

For the good of the site can everyone please put their minds to creating a new article within the next week?

67Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 11:59

I don’t disagree with you, but I think it’s fair to ask someone to support a claim and that’s all I’ve done.

68Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 12:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fin's given us all homework, can i get my excuse in early? My dog ate it -  honestly  Laughing

69Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 12:14

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

T.R.O.Y wrote:I don’t disagree with you, but I think it’s fair to ask someone to support a claim and that’s all I’ve done.

Right, but as you well know it isn't coming. You've made your point and I doubt it's lost on anyone here.

I get that you're making the same case that Sluffy continually does in his defence of Anderson but please just let it go.

I'm sure you've got plenty more content in your arsenal to share on here.

70Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 12:15

Until we get taken over there’s not much of interest to discuss to be honest, feels like we’ve been stuck in this shit holding pattern for about 2 years now. If FV are as equally hard up as Ken it’s going to be really depressing.

71Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 12:22

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Fin's given us all homework, can i get my excuse in early? My dog ate it -  honestly  Laughing
Home visit for you. If there's no dog there's no Spotify for a week!

72Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 12:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:Disagreements are obviously healthy for the site but does it always have to turn into a never-ending pissing contest? Isn't it possible to just agree to disagree occasionally instead of the perpetual tit-for-tat chronicles?

People are too quick to talk about bans as well. It seems like every time there's a dispute the suggestion or threat of a ban comes up. We've already lost great members (< cue Johnny) to the detriment of Nuts IMO and certainly don't need any more over a difference of opinion on an overentitled 'football journalist' with small-town syndrome.

For the good of the site can everyone please put their minds to creating a new article within the next week?

Thank you for your interjection.

I agree and is what I've been saying, these contrived, deliberate, self gratification, arguments engineered by TROY are greatly damaging to the forum and have to stop.

As for bans, it's not been me to up the anti to that level and challenged me to do so, I've been the one asking for a line to be drawn under all this nonsense and for a fresh start to coincide with the new season and owners ahead of us.

We've 'lost' just three posters to bans, all due to constant and unrelenting abuse - that's not good for the site, even if it is your best friend forever - all of them were asked to pack it in and behave like the rest of us - and all who chose not too.  That was their decisions to do so - not ours.

Of course the thoughts of poor Rammy's health were in my mind at the time but it wouldn't have been right of me to use that in my replies to TROY's trolling.

A pointless, needless, hurtful argument once again - over absolutely nothing.

Perhaps the lesson can be finally learnt now?

73Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 12:32

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

T.R.O.Y wrote:Until we get taken over there’s not much of interest to discuss to be honest, feels like we’ve been stuck in this shit holding pattern for about 2 years now. If FV are as equally hard up as Ken it’s going to be really depressing.

You seem like a clued up person so I'm sure you can come up with something of interest. 200 words on why you actually appreciate Sluffy?

We're in the shit whatever shakes out this next week and I'm very confident that there is worse to come. Potentially losing to Tranmere in the Cup for example... now there's something to moan about!

74Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 12:50

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Disagreements are obviously healthy for the site but does it always have to turn into a never-ending pissing contest? Isn't it possible to just agree to disagree occasionally instead of the perpetual tit-for-tat chronicles?

Thank you for your interjection.

I agree and is what I've been saying, these contrived, deliberate, self gratification, arguments engineered by TROY are greatly damaging to the forum and have to stop.

As for bans, it's not been me to up the anti to that level and challenged me to do so, I've been the one asking for a line to be drawn under all this nonsense and for a fresh start to coincide with the new season and owners ahead of us.

We've 'lost' just three posters to bans, all due to constant and unrelenting abuse - that's not good for the site, even if it is your best friend forever - all of them were asked to pack it in and behave like the rest of us - and all who chose not too.  That was their decisions to do so - not ours.

Of course the thoughts of poor Rammy's health were in my mind at the time but it wouldn't have been right of me to use that in my replies to TROY's trolling.

A pointless, needless, hurtful argument once again - over absolutely nothing.

Perhaps the lesson can be finally learnt now?

Honestly, you have to learn how to stop too Sluffy.

I understand that in some respects the site potentially benefits from the lengthy argy-bargy, and therefore you may have a vested interest in encouraging it, but I'm damn sure there is a point when it becomes damaging too and I think you need to be able to identify that.

Anyhow, I'm not taking sides and certainly don't want to get into it with either of you so I'll leave it there.

20,000+ words on Bolton Ladies & Girls FC please.

Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Thu Jun 20 2019, 13:48; edited 1 time in total

75Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 13:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Piece of piss for Sluffy that, every post of his is over 200 words anyway  Laughing

76Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 13:49

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Piece of piss for Sluffy that, every post of his is over 200 words anyway  Laughing
:whistle:

77Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 14:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:Honestly, you have to learn how to stop too Sluffy.

I understand that in some respects the site potentially benefits from the lengthy argy-bargy, and therefore you may have a vested interest in encouraging it, but I'm damn sure there is a point when it becomes damaging too and I think you need to identify that.

Anyhow, I'm not taking sides and certainly don't want to get into it with either of you so I'll leave it there.

200+ words on Bolton Ladies & Girls FC please.

No, the site doesn't benefit from pointless arguments and I've long since identified how damaging they are and have been.

I'm the one who have been trying to stop them.

The trouble has been though that there is a long history between some of the 'players' and myself and games have been deliberately played - and not always in the best interest of the site.

It is what it is really, some people seem more concerned to have a pop at me rather than worry about the wellbeing of the site.

If you, or others looking on, knew the history between myself and some of those from this and prior forums, you would understand much better why things are as they are and how things have grown from petty issues over nothing much from long ago, to how they are today.

Anyway I'll play, I'll do an article on Women's football though rather than Bolton ladies.

78Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 19:09

You always seem to level at me that I’m a troll or just out for an argument for the sake of it. Don’t know how else to tell you I’m not, I just have strong opinions. I behave the same way with all posters, and always have - it’s just my posting style I suppose (which I won’t be changing).

79Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 19:09

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Norpig wrote:Piece of piss for Sluffy that, every post of his is over 200 words anyway  Laughing
:whistle:
To the contributor known as 'norpig' and to all other interested or disinterested parties who are reading this latest incredibly sagacious offering from the one true King of Extremis Verbosum.

Be it known that I, His Eternally Eloquent, Exaltedly Intelligent and Extremely Engrossing take issue at the merest hint of a suggestion of a thought that anybody in the universe, living, dead or a star of a George A Romero motion picture could ever even begin to approach the levels of dedication necessary to produce posts that could ever be deemed similar to my most magniificent missives, filled as they are with sagacious wisdom, excellent humour and of course levels of intelligence that make MENSA members weep with jealousy.

I am the one true Lord of the Long Post, the Viscount of Verbosity, the Emperor of Elongation and as such I demand that this assertion concerning the junior apprentice of opinion known as 'sluffy' that suggests he may even begin to approach rivalling my infallibly constructed critiques, queries and of course world class wisdom is in fact a total fallacy, a complete falsehood, a fabrication only surpassed by a Donald Trump Press Conference. I am the master of the 'long' post here and while 'sluffy' and one or two others are improving they have a long, long road to travel before reaching equality with myself.

That is all

His Majesty King luckyPeterpiper ExtremisVerbosum MMLXIX

80Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 4 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Thu Jun 20 2019, 19:54

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Happy National Vanilla Milkshake Day everyone

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum