Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 50]

521How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 16:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
Seeing as the opportunities for migrants came about by Brits refusing this type of work in the first instance it seems highly unlikely unless the Government withdraws benefits from able- bodied folk who refuse the work.
Its not beyond possibility. The times they are a'changing.

522How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 16:58

Covid might change peoples minds/make them more desperate for work. Can't imagine this is the dream Brexit was sold on though - and there's no guarantees of course.

Looking at the current situation i do think it's madness this government is pressing on with Brexit, it could hardly have come at a worse time, yet we're planning on spending billions on our borders and millions on PR exercises for government guidance raising awareness of what basically reads like what would have been called 'project fear' a few months back:

Higher insurance
Roaming mobile phone costs
The need for longer passport validity
Pet vaccinations
More red tape for businesses

Sunday Times article on that here for those with a subscription, it was free to read earlier in the week: https://bit.ly/32d80FE

523How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 17:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:
Looking at the current situation i do think it's madness this government is pressing on with Brexit, it could hardly have come at a worse time, yet we're planning on spending billions on our borders and millions on PR exercises for government guidance raising awareness of what basically reads like what would have been called 'project fear' a few months back:

Higher insurance
Pet vaccinations

Sunday Times article on that here for those with a subscription, it was free to read earlier in the week: https://bit.ly/32d80FE
But they're not pressing on with Brexit are they?

Zero progress has been made and fundamental disagreements remain. Likelihood is no deal which means disaster for the UK come Christmas.

524How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 17:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can I ask the Mods to do their job and delete any Brexit posts that appear outside the Brexit thread.

There's enough doom and gloom in the world without having to read more Brexit shit from the usual suspects.

525How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 17:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Higher insurance
Pet vaccinations

But they're not pressing on with Brexit are they?

Zero progress has been made and fundamental disagreements remain. Likelihood is no deal which means disaster for the UK come Christmas.

Fwiw the country voted for Brexit three times, the referendum, the 2019 European elections (The Brexit Party won the biggest share of the votes and seats - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48403131 ) and the 2019 General Election.

No matter how big a disaster it may/may not, turn out to be - it is what the people have voted for and those who can't/won't accept that are simply in denial I'm afraid.

526How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 18:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I doubt we would get the same result now the real consequences of brexit are starting to dawn on people as opposed to the lies fed to them by brexiteers.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/support-for-brexit-is-collapsing-poll/26/06/

527How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 18:30

Natasha Whittam wrote:Can I ask the Mods to do their job and delete any Brexit posts that appear outside the Brexit thread.

There's enough doom and gloom in the world without having to read more Brexit shit from the usual suspects.

You come on the how is the government doing thread for a good time? 

You should know better.

528How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 18:32

Sluffy wrote:No matter how big a disaster it may/may not, turn out to be - it is what the people have voted for and those who can't/won't accept that are simply in denial I'm afraid.

I don't think there are many left still fighting Brexit, so not sure what you're getting at here.

529How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 18:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:You come on the how is the government doing thread for a good time? 

You should know better.

I come on here to read views about the state of the pandemic, not to read Brexit posts repeated OVER AND OVER AND OVER again by the same posters.

530How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 19:24

Each to their own I suppose. As always, just posting what’s on my mind and wasn’t intended to upset anyone.

531How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 20:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Each to their own I suppose. As always, just posting what’s on my mind and wasn’t intended to upset anyone.

Well it upset me and I demand a written apology in blood.

532How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 20:52

Fair enough, as I said not intended to upset so apologies if it has (blood might be a bit far for me though).

I won’t post about Brexit on here - got to say though, we supposedly want people to post more but I basically get told to shut up if someone’s bored of a topic I’m interested in. I don’t get it, and I don’t agree with it.

If there’s a posts/topics/posters I don’t find interesting, I just don’t read them.

533How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 20:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:If there’s a posts/topics/posters I don’t find interesting, I just don’t read them.

Me too, so I avoid the Brexit thread because it's just people rehashing the same old points.

I guess I'm just sick of all the negativity.

534How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 21:02

I won’t get bored of Brexit for a while I don’t think, as the illusion falls apart the more irritated I am by it. 

But fair enough, as i said happy to keep this to slagging the Tories off for everything other than Brexit where possible.

535How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 21:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I won’t get bored of Brexit for a while I don’t think, as the illusion falls apart the more irritated I am by it. 

But fair enough, as i said happy to keep this to slagging the Tories off for everything other than Brexit where possible.

Nah forget it, if it interests you that's fair enough and who am I to stop you posting where you want. I'll avoid this thread for a bit.

536How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 21:33

Feel like it’s picked up a bit round here lately (all hail Boggers) so let’s both just keep posting whatever, and I’ll get off my high horse for a bit.

537How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 23:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

A bit of good news for a change. Boris' halfwit poodle Grayling won't be chairing the Intelligence and Security Committee because a Tory MP had principles. Of course he was kicked out of the Tory party for this crime.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53422010

538How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 15 2020, 23:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

On the other hand they are burying the report into Patel's bullying behaviour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53422019

539How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jul 16 2020, 01:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:I doubt we would get the same result now the real consequences of brexit are starting to dawn on people as opposed to the lies fed to them by brexiteers.

Think not?

Then think again.

People are still saying they'd cast their vote for the bloke who won the referendum and last years General Election committed to delivering Brexit.

Also suggests very strongly that despite what the majority on here think about the Government and it's handling of the pandemic/highest death rate/PPE issues/care home deaths/Cummings little drive to test his eyesight/etc, etc and it's U-turns and various cock-ups so far - that the electorate still prefer them to Labour or anyone else!

As the poll only taken last week!

All pretty meaningless I know but despite what you may think many people are long past caring about Brexit and will deal with it if and when the consequences of it start to negatively effect them.

540How is the Tory government doing? - Page 27 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jul 16 2020, 10:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

You are comparing apples with pears.

The survey I provided a link to was specifically about current views on brexit. You provided details of a poll showing how people say they would vote if there were a general election.

The only thing we agree on is that it is all totally hypothetical as there won't be either another referendum or a general election for years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum