Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 44 of 50]

861How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Aug 24 2020, 13:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I did that at work, and I never got to be PM. 
It was amazing how many things sorted themselves out, on their own, after a few days.  Very Happy

862How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Aug 24 2020, 13:47

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can imagine. It is mostly people trying to off work onto others that they could do themselves. Feigning incompetence.

863How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Aug 24 2020, 21:26

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It worked for me Very Happy

864How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Aug 25 2020, 10:46

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just to cheer everyone up, here's a superb summary of all that is wrong in the uk right now, by the i's Ian Birrell:  Smile

This pandemic has exposed defects in our nation with hideous efficiency. It has shown the lack of concern for social care, the fragility of the high street, the flaws in globalisation, the inequalities in society. Who runs our country?
You might think the answer is simple: the Government, as represented by politicians at Westminster. Yet this seems not to be the case. For every time there is a huge problem – the delayed lockdown, the tsunami of deaths in care homes, the blunders over the supply of protective equipment, the testing fiascos, the school closure cock-ups, the exam debacle – it appears to be someone else’s fault. Ministers never apologise, let alone take responsibility and resign. Instead they drip venom into the media against officials, hide behind advisers, point fingers at agencies, blame systemic flaws and shuffle around some Whitehall furniture.

865How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Aug 25 2020, 11:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:Just to cheer everyone up, here's a superb summary of all that is wrong in the uk right now, by the i's Ian Birrell:  Smile

This pandemic has exposed defects in our nation with hideous efficiency. It has shown the lack of concern for social care, the fragility of the high street, the flaws in globalisation, the inequalities in society. Who runs our country?
You might think the answer is simple: the Government, as represented by politicians at Westminster. Yet this seems not to be the case. For every time there is a huge problem – the delayed lockdown, the tsunami of deaths in care homes, the blunders over the supply of protective equipment, the testing fiascos, the school closure cock-ups, the exam debacle – it appears to be someone else’s fault. Ministers never apologise, let alone take responsibility and resign. Instead they drip venom into the media against officials, hide behind advisers, point fingers at agencies, blame systemic flaws and shuffle around some Whitehall furniture.
Of course, all these are not unique to our government alone, but I have to agree in principal with the resolution, or not, of the problems.
Having said that, we do seem to be doing reasonably well in comparison to others, so something must be working, (although don't ask me what)

866How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Aug 25 2020, 14:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Go on, Glos....let me ask you what Laughing

867How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:06

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think that we will have colonized Mars before the Gov`s track and trace app appears.

868How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
Having said that, we do seem to be doing reasonably well in comparison to others, so something must be working, (although don't ask me what)
Hi Glos - welcome back.
Saw a chart the other day which plotted covid deaths per 100k against forecast impact on the economies of the world's 20 wealthiest countries - including Brazil and the USA.
We are by far and away the worst performers so I would say we are doing piss poor against comparable countries.
Of course the data isn't perfect and of course third world countries will suffer the most, but I genuinely can't find anything at all that suggests "we are doing reasonably well in comparison to others". Nothing.

869How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Aug 25 2020, 19:46

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Hi Glos - welcome back.
Saw a chart the other day which plotted covid deaths per 100k against forecast impact on the economies of the world's 20 wealthiest countries - including Brazil and the USA.
We are by far and away the worst performers so I would say we are doing piss poor against comparable countries.
Of course the data isn't perfect and of course third world countries will suffer the most, but I genuinely can't find anything at all that suggests "we are doing reasonably well in comparison to others". Nothing.
:clap:

870How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 26 2020, 11:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:
:clap:
Ummm, I was thinking of the last two days, obviously  Very Happy

Although, lets be honest, any statistics which use the total number of deaths to population, will invariably be influenced by the terrible start of the pandemic. I really was thinking of more recent times, and thinking that we were, very slowly, beginning to perform as well as , if not better, than some of our European neighbors.

871How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 26 2020, 21:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

As usual it is never the fault of Tory politicians.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-53923279

872How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Aug 26 2020, 21:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:As usual it is never the fault of Tory politicians.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-53923279

Oh come on, surely you've had a mutant algorithm mess up your plans from time to time?

873How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Aug 27 2020, 09:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

An important question XM, is, how can Tory politicians be at fault with anything, when they obviously don't make any decisions.  Very Happy

874How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Aug 27 2020, 09:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

An interesting point glos, which leads to the question: what do they do?

875How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Aug 27 2020, 10:36

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well, they're very good at some things: cronyism, hiding, sacking, ignoring, denying, blaming. I'm not liking the way things are heading in their war against the BBC because their rhetoric seems to be influencing swathes of the public. They're aiming for total control....

876How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Aug 27 2020, 10:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think what Okocha says about the BBC is right, i've noticed that the BBC is now being classed as a left wing organisation on social media and not to be trusted. 
This is from the kind of people who think that the likes of Tommy Robinson and that hag Katie Hopkins are hero's so i take it with a massive pinch of salt.

877How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Aug 27 2020, 13:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Germany drops Brexit talks from EU envoys meeting next week due to lack of progress in a "wasted summer" as we roll on inexorably towards a no deal fiasco. Metro goes with "Boris doesn't understand how negotiations work" - harsh but probably true of the half of the UK population.

Meanwhile net migration to the UK hits the highest peak since the referendum which can't go down well with Boris's core support.

878How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 10:58

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Meanwhile net migration to the UK hits the highest peak since the referendum which can't go down well with Boris's core support.
Very Happy

879How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 11:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wait till all the Hong Kong people who can get a passport start to come over, the gammon's will have a melt down.

880How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 12:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just who are these 'Gammons' ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum