Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 45 of 50]

881How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 13:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

882How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 13:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i wish this was a real magazine  Laughing

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 44445618_347813079125853_401393766444826624_o

883How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 13:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thank you Mr. Pig.  I think its a silly name to use, and am surprised at how supposedly intelligent people actually get involved in deep and meaningful discussions about it. 
It just goes to show, that after 3 years of intense insults, etc, this is all the Left could come up with. No wonder they lost the argument.  :whistle: :bomb:
:biggrin:

884How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 13:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been called a loony lefty and a snowflake on many occasions on facebook, i wear it like a badge of honour  Very Happy

885How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 14:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Poor Mrs Pig, and the piglets. They've got a self-confessed loony snowflake for a husband/dad. However, they can see your sensible and charismatic side knowing you post on this forum  Very Happy

886How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 15:30

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:
Thank you Mr. Pig.  I think its a silly name to use, and am surprised at how supposedly intelligent people actually get involved in deep and meaningful discussions about it. 
It just goes to show, that after 3 years of intense insults, etc, this is all the Left could come up with. No wonder they lost the argument.  :whistle: :bomb:
:biggrin:
Glos, I think you'll prefer this much more humorous definition of Gammon:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gammon

887How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 15:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:

:rofl:

888How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 15:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:

Pretty good definition of brexit voters too.

889How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 28 2020, 17:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I thought that was both true and some of it reasonably factual, eg

Spitting out talking points found in fascist organs like the Daily Mail (or, for those preferring something less intellectual, the Daily Express), gammon exist in a state of perpetual outrage and exasperated "I'm just an [url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ordinary bloke]ordinary bloke[/url], me" confusion.

I thought this bit applied more to the Remainers than the Leavers.  (It's nothing personal XM) Very Happy

890How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Aug 30 2020, 07:55

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

891How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Aug 30 2020, 10:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, absolutely laughable that people want a set of Covid rules set in stone.

This is a new pandemic. No one has been through it before. Yet if the government had published a set of rules in March and had stuck to them for 6 months people would be going bonkers, saying they need to be more flexible.

892How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Aug 30 2020, 11:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Unfortunately, we are now a society that spends most free time sat on PC's, laptops, etc, and once on them, we find we have a lot of time to do very little. As a result they complain, whinge, and throw their comments about as though they really do have a say in whatever they are commenting on. Frustration soon sets in when they realise that they, and their comments, are such a small cog in life's works that they can do nothing but lash out. We really have become a nation, no doubt along with many others of a deeply frustrated and unhappy people. Makes me wonder if the social media in its current set-up and management, which everyone defends, is ultimately beneficial to us all.

893How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Aug 30 2020, 11:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Unfortunately, we are now a society that spends most free time sat on PC's, laptops, etc, and once on them, we find we have a lot of time to do very little. As a result they complain, whinge, and throw their comments about as though they really do have a say in whatever they are commenting on. Frustration soon sets in when they realise that they, and their comments, are such a small cog in life's works that they can do nothing but lash out. We really have become a nation, no doubt along with many others of a deeply frustrated and unhappy people. Makes me wonder if the social media in its current set-up and management, which everyone defends, is ultimately beneficial to us all.
It's all a complete waste of time. Can you imagine a Sluffy tweet? He'd run out of characters before he'd even got going. Very Happy

894How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Aug 30 2020, 11:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

boltonbonce wrote:
It's all a complete waste of time. Can you imagine a Sluffy tweet? He'd run out of characters before he'd even got going. Very Happy
Probably have his account locked  Very Happy  I don't have a Twitter account. I can't be arsed being harangued on more than one platform.  Very Happy

895How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Aug 30 2020, 11:56

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Greed and arrogance ( the ego ) has been growing over the last few decades. There are so many common, run of the mill people whom think they are somebody, and they will not even give you your own right of way on a road, but rather pull out on you and infringe upon you rather than wait 5 seconds and let you pass.
The ego doesnt like to live in the present moment. It lives in the future and past. To the ego, the actual present moment hardly exists. So many people, now, are almost incapable of recognising the present moment.
Indeed, as someone posted about people being unhappy, it is ironic that as they strive for material gains and to earn more money and more holidays, that their happiness decreses proportionally.

896How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Aug 30 2020, 12:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ha ha, absolutely laughable that people want a set of Covid rules set in stone.

This is a new pandemic. No one has been through it before. Yet if the government had published a set of rules in March and had stuck to them for 6 months people would be going bonkers, saying they need to be more flexible.

So true Nat.

897How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Aug 30 2020, 15:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that the fact that it is a new pandemic and we have no experience of it is all the more reason why we should have had a clear and moreover enforceable set of laws from the get go. 
Sure some folk would whinge but at least there wouldn't have been anywhere the number of deaths we've had to endure so f*** 'em or at least bang 'em up for attempted murder or whatever intentionally spreading the disease is seen as.
I recall folk have been banged up for intentionally spreading AIDS so I fail to see how killing your granny is any different. 
They wouldn't whinge so much if disobeying the rules was widely perceived as murder.
Unfortunately the Government prevaricated so much at the outset that in the absence of enforceable laws, disobeying the "guidelines" are now seen as an infringement of personal freedoms by some dickheads who don't care if the vulnerable live or die.

898How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Aug 30 2020, 16:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I think that the fact that it is a new pandemic and we have no experience of it is all the more reason why we should have had a clear and moreover enforceable set of laws from the get go. 
Sure some folk would whinge but at least there wouldn't have been anywhere the number of deaths we've had to endure so f*** 'em or at least bang 'em up for attempted murder or whatever intentionally spreading the disease is seen as.
I recall folk have been banged up for intentionally spreading AIDS so I fail to see how killing your granny is any different. 
They wouldn't whinge so much if disobeying the rules was widely perceived as murder.
Unfortunately the Government prevaricated so much at the outset that in the absence of enforceable laws, disobeying the "guidelines" are now seen as an infringement of personal freedoms by some dickheads who don't care if the vulnerable live or die.

Don't know how it's like in Norfolk but in the real world people simply would not tolerate that, there would be mass demonstrations and civil disobedience - see Germany/Berlin yesterday and they are a country that normally follows the rules!

It's happening all over, Spain, Australia even in NZ someone took the government to court for going into lockdown too early (breaching their powers to do so) and won - and that saved countless lives.

Unless you want a China system where anything said about the government is imprisonable you will get people fighting for their perceived civil liberties.

You also have to have a government responsive to change to developments - you can't having things written in stone at the outset - you simply don't know enough at that time about how the virus works.

Even now if people simply washed their hands, social distance and wear masks and stick to their own bubbles, then that would be enough to beat the virus - trouble is many, even most simply don't.

You can't arrest half the population and throw them in jail can you?

The bottom line is that we have government by consent, we are not a police state.

Most under 70 years of age with no underlying health condition will not die and probably the vast majority won't even know they've had the virus.

You simply can't expect people to stop their lives and the government to ruin the economy for decades to come just to save us old farts.

It's us old farts who are the ones to live our lives as the new normal, as no one else will!

I've told my daughter to be sensible and to go out an enjoy her life but when she wants to see or spend time with me to in effect self isolate herself from her social life for ten days or so before we meet up and when we have it has been out in the fresh air or in well ventilated restaurants at off peak times, etc, that's how my life will continue for the foreseeable future.

I don't expect the whole country to stop for me, and neither am I incensed with the government for not making them do so either.

It's simply both unrealistic and unobtainable.

Fwiw North Norfolk is all but the safest part of the country to live in, yesterday it was ranked as 308th out of 315 in terms of new case average in the last seven days (your mates in Suffolk though can even beat that with Ipswich in 310th (and equal bottom) with zero - so I don't know what you're even bitching about!

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 EgmfFM7XsAMxV75?format=png&name=900x900

Windsor is rated 36th with an average of 22.5 per 100,000 population - if it was a country, the government would have banned all travel to it and instructed people to self isolate from visiting it for 14 days because the threshold to trigger such measures is set at 20.0 per 100k.

And I'm not bitching like a squealing pig.

It's how life is now, so get on with it.

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Egme3_nXkAEBsTp?format=png&name=900x900

899How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Aug 30 2020, 18:43

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

900How is the Tory government doing? - Page 45 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Aug 31 2020, 13:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm beginning to think the same way as this guy, (but only 90%)  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 45 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum