Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 50]

461How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 01 2020, 17:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nuts is busy today.

462How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 01 2020, 18:03

Sluffy wrote:

That's not what you were saying in reply to me earlier -

You can comment on whatever you like but it won't change a thing until the elections come around no matter if you post the same thing everyday for the next four years until they do.

More to the point everybody would have left here by then anyway because it is no interest to the vast majority of us on here even if it is dear to your heart.

Okay, still no idea what point you’re trying to make so let’s leave it. I’ll continue talking about politics, thanks.

463How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 01 2020, 19:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

boltonbonce wrote:Nuts is busy today.
yeah, but I think this thread is going to grind to a halt.  Crying or Very sad

464How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jul 02 2020, 09:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I wouldn't be too sure of that glos. Smile

465How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jul 02 2020, 13:50

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And sure enough Boris' father reminds us plebs that it is one rule for the Tory elite and another for the rest of us.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8481617/PMs-father-Stanley-Johnson-79-jets-Greek-mountain-villa.html

466How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jul 02 2020, 15:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its just unbelievable how some people carry on, and its not as though Boris is going to have a go at his dad. No wonder so many peopl;e don't give a toss anymore.

Having said that, I thought, but I'm not sure, has unnecessary travel to other countries ban been stopped since yesterday (1st July) ?

467How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jul 02 2020, 15:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No it is still essential travel only although the government has been leaking the potential future easing of travel restrictions next week for some time now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53261752

468How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jul 02 2020, 15:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

OK, thanks. Its just that I'm wondering when I can start to manage my driving trip to Germany, to see my sister.

469How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jul 02 2020, 15:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Story of the week for me was the 12,000 job losses in just two days. Fairly sure the 'high street" is well and truly f***** now and that will lead to social change - which may inadvertently turn out to be a blessing for the environment.

470How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jul 02 2020, 15:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

And a lot more property for housing.

471How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jul 05 2020, 21:05

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Does anyone qualify for a Covid Voucher?

I will kick-start the Retail Sector with mine.

472How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jul 06 2020, 19:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

So Boris thinks care home owners are responsible for deaths from corona virus:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-coronavirus-care-home-death-toll-uk-update-a9604426.html

473How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jul 06 2020, 19:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

sunlight wrote:Does anyone qualify for a Covid Voucher?

I will kick-start the Retail Sector with mine.
i read somewhere that we would all get £500 each, and kids £250, but that the vouchers could only be spent in specific areas, e.g. housing, or some other 'big' thing.
On the news tonight they are talking about £1000 for companies to use on training apprentices, who won't get paid. The problem is that reality is often stranger than the rumours, so I don't know what to expect.

474How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jul 06 2020, 22:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
On the news tonight they are talking about £1000 for companies to use on training apprentices, who won't get paid. The problem is that reality is often stranger than the rumours, so I don't know what to expect.
Not apprentices - apprentices get paid and have to go to college and work for up to 3 years to learn their profession or trade and will come out with a qualification. In some professions it's longer.
This money is basically for employers to take someone on for work placement for up to 6 months. The employers will get free labour/somebody to brew up and the kids will get to put "I worked in a hairdressers" on their cv, get f*** all wages, and come out of it with no qualifications. 

This government is a f***** joke.

475How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jul 06 2020, 22:14

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Those Pensioners all gloating after they take it out on the young by voting Tory.

476How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jul 06 2020, 22:42

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:So Boris thinks care home owners are responsible for deaths from corona virus:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-coronavirus-care-home-death-toll-uk-update-a9604426.html

Here's the response:   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53315178

And.... re one rule for the elite and a separate one for us plebs:- first there was Cummings, then Kendrick and now Boris' own dad "justifying" breaking lockdown rules by lauding Greece's beauty as if its allure makes it perfectly ok to jet off there. 
Bare-faced cheek.

477How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 07 2020, 00:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Those Pensioners all gloating after they take it out on the young by voting Tory.
...as opposed to the young murdering as many pensioners as they can in order to inherit their savings without having had to work 45 years for it by spreading the virus?
Those same pensioners that finally overthrew Thatcher and gave Tony B three consecutive terms?

I'm sensing politics and Buddhism don't mix Smile

478How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 07 2020, 12:18

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
...as opposed to the young murdering as many pensioners as they can in order to inherit their savings without having had to work 45 years for it by spreading the virus?

What is this of which you speak?

I was joking btw with my comment. It is my fault as my jokes are very dry sometimes and ppl see them as a serious comment.

I should make posts in which I am joking in a different colour than my serious ones, especially when its about Tories. Tory jokes can easily be discerned as true,

479How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 07 2020, 13:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This is sickening in a few ways: firstly, that he could blame care workers for his own mistakes when they were left to cope without guidance or protection in the pandemic; secondly that he could get a sycophantic minister to appear on TV to defend the appalling blame-shifting; lastly, that he has refused to apologise, just as he did when he managed to make Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's plight worse by saying entirely the wrong thing and never acknowledged his blunder.

Couple this with supporting Cummings, Jenrick and his own father despite their clear transgressions in respect of the government's own lockdown rules....and it makes for a man with no moral compass or competence as a P.M.
He is not to be respected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53315178

Last edited by okocha on Tue Jul 07 2020, 15:29; edited 2 times in total

480How is the Tory government doing? - Page 24 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 07 2020, 13:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:This is sickening in a few ways: firstly, that he could blame care workers for his own mistakes when they were left to cope without guidance or protection in the pandemic; secondly that he could get a sycophantic minister to appear on TV to defend the appalling blame-shifting; lastly, that he has refused to apologise, just as he did when he managed to make Nazanin's Zaghari-Ratcliffe's plight worse by saying entirely the wrong thing and never acknowledged his blunder.

Couple this with supporting Cummings, Jenrick and his own father despite their clear transgressions in respect of the government's own lockdown rules....and it makes for a man with no moral compass or competence as a P.M.
He is not to be respected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53315178

And of course it is entirely consistent with his behaviour throughout his life. He has no principles and is motivated only by self interest. We will see many more examples in the months, and I fear years, to come.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum