Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hands off my seat.

+6
gloswhite
Cajunboy
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
boltonbonce
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Jan 30 2020, 11:24

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not really fair for me to judge because i have a seat in WSL, However i agree with Norpig it makes sense financially at this point, if they had offered this or we go bust in the summer we would have snapped there hands off.

I used to sit in the North Upper and looking down it is a different perspective but i swapped to my current seat once the kids went to university. And i wouldn't go back upstairs, The match early this year with everyone downstairs was superb and a better experience.

End of the day it's just a seat and you soon get settled somewhere else, although i accept that most of the best seats have gone so that's an issue, Sometimes you have to take one for the team this is your moment Bonce.

22Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Jan 30 2020, 11:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
gloswhite wrote:That's a lot of money to offer them Nat  Very Happy

That might have been funny if you hadn't already sent me £1000 by Paypal requesting the seat next to me.

Very expensive for a worn out box Nat!

23Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Jan 30 2020, 11:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Not really fair for me to judge because i have a seat in WSL, However i agree with Norpig it makes sense financially at this point, if they had offered this or we go bust in the summer we would have snapped there hands off.

I used to sit in the North Upper and looking down it is a different perspective but i swapped to my current seat once the kids went to university. And i wouldn't go back upstairs, The match early this year with everyone downstairs was superb and a better experience.

End of the day it's just a seat and you soon get settled somewhere else, although i accept that most of the best seats have gone so that's an issue, Sometimes you have to take one for the team this is your moment Bonce.
I don't think having a consultation with upper tier ST holders is going to affect their decision. I think they've made their minds up, and are trying to look inclusive.
As I said previously, I won't buy a ST next season, I'll buy match by match. Might be fun watching each game from a different position.

24Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Jan 30 2020, 12:09

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:£1000 each gets you a place in my box.
Bit stiff that.

New mail
Copy

25Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Jan 30 2020, 15:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
gloswhite wrote:That's a lot of money to offer them Nat  Very Happy

That might have been funny if you hadn't already sent me £1000 by Paypal requesting the seat next to me.

Very expensive for a worn out box Nat!
It did need touching up a bit.

26Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Jan 30 2020, 15:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote: Might be fun watching each game from a different position.

Facing away from the pitch would be best.

27Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Jan 30 2020, 16:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bet your mirror wished it had a similar option.

28Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Jan 30 2020, 16:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bet your mirror wished it had a similar option.
affraid :rofl:

29Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Jan 30 2020, 21:10

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
wessy wrote:Not really fair for me to judge because i have a seat in WSL, However i agree with Norpig it makes sense financially at this point, if they had offered this or we go bust in the summer we would have snapped there hands off.

I don't think having a consultation with upper tier ST holders is going to affect their decision. I think they've made their minds up, and are trying to look inclusive.
As I said previously, I won't buy a ST next season, I'll buy match by match. Might be fun watching each game from a different position.
Still be sat in the lower tier, why pay more? our grumpy old man rate is the best price.

30Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Wed Feb 12 2020, 12:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was just thinking about the upper tiers, could they close say the west and north upper and leave the east upper open and move anyone to there? Would everyone fit in one stand? Looking at the west and north upper when i go to games it isn't packed but i can't see how many are in the east upper.

Boncey would you do that if that was an option? I know you are in the west upper but it would at least still be an upper tier.

31Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Wed Feb 12 2020, 15:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Was just thinking about the upper tiers, could they close say the west and north upper and leave the east upper open and move anyone to there? Would everyone fit in one stand? Looking at the west and north upper when i go to games it isn't packed but i can't see how many are in the east upper.

Boncey would you do that if that was an option? I know you are in the west upper but it would at least still be an upper tier.
Filled in a survey sent out by the ST last night. They're hoping it might help the club make a final decision.
I'll sit anywhere if pushed, but the club need to be made aware of the ire of some supporters. One of the ST questions was about accepting little or no refreshments on sale, if it meant keeping the stand open.
I'd certainly be fine with that. I only buy coffee, but I don't need to. It's a football match, not a picnic.

32Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Wed Feb 12 2020, 15:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Was just thinking about the upper tiers, could they close say the west and north upper and leave the east upper open and move anyone to there? Would everyone fit in one stand? Looking at the west and north upper when i go to games it isn't packed but i can't see how many are in the east upper.

Filled in a survey sent out by the ST last night. They're hoping it might help the club make a final decision.
I'll sit anywhere if pushed, but the club need to be made aware of the ire of some supporters. One of the ST questions was about accepting little or no refreshments on sale, if it meant keeping the stand open.
I'd certainly be fine with that. I only buy coffee, but I don't need to. It's a football match, not a picnic.

How did the ST know you sat in the upper tiers, or even that you had a Season Ticket?

If the ST is sending a questionnaire out to people who may not even go to the games then how meaningful can their survey be?

..dunno..

33Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Wed Feb 12 2020, 16:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The survey was to all ST members and i filled one in as well. It was asking where you sat and if you have a season ticket and your opinion on closing the top tiers. 

If it helps get the general feelings of fans across then where's the harm? The first questions are around is you are an existing season ticket holder and if so where and would it affect your decision to buy one for next season.

I do think leaving one upper stand open would be a good compromise but i sit in the lower tiers so doesn't really affect me.

34Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Feb 13 2020, 11:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Financial gains from closing, are negligible, and an increase in atmosphere is at best a guess. Closing would be a PR own goal and administrative nightmare and potentially hugely devisive from the potential options presented. Lower tiers wouldnt be immune to some pain...

So I'd be surprised if they were to go ahead and close them next season. Enjoyed the debate though, lots of passion and sense, and nice to see the board opening the doors to listen. Fab to see
@TheJackDearden
back home and on the mic too!

Another at the meeting confirming what was said -

35Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Feb 13 2020, 11:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is good news. I'd considered streaking across the pitch in protest, and still have that option if needs be.
I'd wear slippers of course. My feet are delicate. I hope they bear my possible protest in mind.

36Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Thu Feb 13 2020, 12:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If there is no financial implications then let people sit where they want i say.

37Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Mon Feb 17 2020, 12:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

38Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Mon Feb 17 2020, 12:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Upper Tiers To Remain Open At The University of Bolton Stadium

Bolton Wanderers Football Club has confirmed that the upper tiers of the University of Bolton Stadium will remain open following a consultation meeting with season ticket holders.

For several seasons a lot of debate has taken place among supporters regarding the potential closure or partial closure of the upper tiers.

Following the takeover of Bolton Wanderers by Football Ventures (Whites) Limited, the new owners vowed to consult with season ticket holders so that an informed decision could be made.

That meeting was held on Wednesday 12 February and was well-attended by season ticket holders who passionately communicated their thoughts.

From the consultation, and the feedback the club received from supporters who were unable to attend, the Board concluded that the all upper tiers at the University of Bolton Stadium will remain open for league games; however, they will reserve the right to close them if necessary for selected cup fixtures.

There will be no plans for the foreseeable future to change this position.

Emma Beaugeard, the CEO of Bolton Wanderers, said: “I want to thank everybody who contacted the club with their thoughts and ideas and especially to all those who attended the consultation meeting.

“The emotion and loyal support to Bolton Wanderers was palpable and moving, reminding us just how privileged we are to be part of this great club’s present and future.

“For any major decisions, such as these, we will always endeavour to consult with those who will be affected.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

39Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Mon Feb 17 2020, 12:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers

40Hands off my seat. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands off my seat. Mon Feb 17 2020, 12:59

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not waiting for the result of the ST survey then nor even mentioning it? Should we read anything into that?

If 1,000 folk responded to the ST survey, does it imply that there's still some support for it and still quite a few pennies that haven't dropped yet?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum