Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would You Give Up Your Seat?

+13
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
White84
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
rammywhite
Norpig
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:55 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Court of Appeal has ruled that bus firms are not legally required to force parents with buggies to make way for wheelchair users in designated bays.

Obviously I've never actually been on a public bus, but if I had and I was disabled I'd be pretty hacked off to find that some slapper from the estate gets preferential treatment just because she couldn't keep her legs closed.

Have you ever given up your seat on the bus? Do the OAP's on the site (Bonce, RT, Glos & Breadman) expect people to give up their seat for them?

2Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:34 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I cycle almost everywhere(mainly to A+E to have my cycling related injuries treated)but if I do ever travel by bus, I would have no problem giving up my seat to anyone at all. It's just good manners.
I try not to travel by bus. Buses can carry me, or school children. Not both. Someone would die,and it wouldn't be me.

3Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:40 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would always give up my seat.  :number1:

4Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:44 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just for the record Nat,I am not an OAP. 
You're not officially an OAP until you start dragging one of these behind you.
Would You Give Up Your Seat? Shoppingtrolley

5Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I once got on a bus when I had a broken ankle and I asked the first person in a seat if they wouldn't mind moving further back so I could sit at the front.

He said "no I can't" in a very rude manner. We had a really heated argument and nearly came to blows.

In the end he said " Right if you want my seat, you can drive the fucking bus then".

6Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i use the bus every day and i always give up my seat if someone needs it for whatever reason, but there are plenty of people who pull the old i'm reading the paper/looking at my phone to avoid getting out of their seat unless someone actually asks them.

7Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:24 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can guarantee that whenever I get on an empty bus,one of the passengers to get on at the next stop will be a complete nutter,and he/she will invariably come and sit next to me,despite having the whole top deck to choose from.
At this point I usually start messing with my phone,in an attempt to avoid eye contact.
Hardly ever works,because they try to start up a conversation anyway.
I seem to attract nutters.
Another reason I usually avoid the bus.

8Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:30 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes-I always would.
But like lots of people on here the worst time to be on a bus is when schoolkids are going to or leaving school. Being on a bus with them is a nightmare.

9Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:Just for the record Nat,I am not an OAP. 

I used to travel in to Bolton on a single-dekker 544 and when Bolton Market was on the old biddies used to embark in vast numbers with their big check coats and scenes of London headscarves. It's murder trying to fight your way off the bus when the aisle is jam packed with these contraptions. Much scarier than the schoolkids.

10Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Thought this was another thread that would have mentioned gay sex by now.

11Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Thought this was another thread that would have mentioned gay sex by now.

perhaps Breaders hasn't seen it yet Very Happy

12Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:56 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Numpty 28723 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Just for the record Nat,I am not an OAP. 

I used to travel in to Bolton on a single-dekker 544 and when Bolton Market was on the old biddies used to embark in vast numbers with their big check coats and scenes of London headscarves. It's murder trying to fight your way off the bus when the aisle is jam packed with these contraptions. Much scarier than the schoolkids.

On the rare occasion I catch the bus that is my bus as well (along with 511 and 536)  but I would definitely give up my seat.  I even did so on the packed train this afternoon (1603 Piccadilly to Preston)  It is courteous etiquette, something this country has been lacking over the last 30+ years in the era of greed and I'm alright jack attitudes!

13Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:13 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I travelled by bus a lot after I had my ankle busted earlier this year and have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how often someone in a front row seat would offer it to me. Even when I was off my crutches and walking with a stick there were several occasions where someone would move back to let me sit down sooner. When I was younger and didn't have a car I and most of my friends gave up our seats to the elderly or others who seemed to have a greater need for them as a matter of course but that may simply be because we were taught to do so by parents and teachers. I think one thing that has changed is the end of special buses solely for schools. When I was at high school I caught the school bus that took us right into the car park and that way other bus users didn't have to put up with the noise a hundred teenagers make the way they do now. That's one thing I would definitely bring back universally, partly because I think it would make a lot of people's commute to work less stressful and partly because I think it would make kids a bit safer especially in the winter. I know it cost quite a bit of money to do but I think the pro's outweigh the cons and it should be available to every child rather than just to those who's schools choose to dip into their budget for other things to make it happen.

14Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:59 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:I once got on a bus when I had a broken ankle and I asked the first person in a seat if they wouldn't mind moving further back so I could sit at the front.

He said "no I can't" in a very rude manner. We had a really heated argument and nearly came to blows.

In the end he said " Right if you want my seat, you can drive the fucking bus then".

I LOL'd. Well done, Copper.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:39 am

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If definatoely give my seat up for anyone who needed it more.
Manners were instilled to moe as a child.OAPs women with children,ladies as I was brought up to be a gentleman.
Manners cost nothing.

16Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:16 am

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:The Court of Appeal has ruled that bus firms are not legally required to force parents with buggies to make way for wheelchair users in designated bays.

Obviously I've never actually been on a public bus, but if I had and I was disabled I'd be pretty hacked off to find that some slapper from the estate gets preferential treatment just because she couldn't keep her legs closed.

Have you ever given up your seat on the bus? Do the OAP's on the site (Bonce, RT, Glos & Breadman) expect people to give up their seat for them?

This has to be the most boring thread BN has ever witnessed. It even tops anything by doffcocker, congrats nat

17Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:36 am

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I routinely do and get looked at as if I'm an alien.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

18Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:58 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:If definatoely give my seat up for anyone who needed it more.
Manners were instilled to moe as a child.OAPs women with children,ladies as I was brought up to be a gentleman.
Manners cost nothing.

What if it was an Asian lady or OAP?

19Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:54 am

Manners cost nothing.

So you're racist scum but you think you're a gentleman?

Delusional.

20Would You Give Up Your Seat? Empty Re: Would You Give Up Your Seat? Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:15 am

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Manners cost nothing.

So you're racist scum but you think you're a gentleman?

Delusional.
Out of order!!
And you say I insult you?!
He has his own opinions and because you don't agree with them doesn't make you right! 
I'll say it again, put him on ignore and move on.
A degree in fitting toilet seats doesn't make you a clever shite,  even though in your own mind you think you are!?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum