Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 50]

641Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed 25 Mar - 13:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Donald Trump appears to have lost what passes for his mind, and expects the USA to be open for business by Easter, with churches packed out.
Praise the Lord.

He needs to stop taking drugs.
He needs to stop breathing.

642Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed 25 Mar - 13:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you roll out some pastry, then put two currants about two inches apart near the top, you have an instant Mike Pence. It's uncanny.

643Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed 25 Mar - 15:45

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

karlypants wrote:Prince Chrles has tested positive for the Corona virus
 He is self isolating at Balmoral with Covid -19

Andrew is self isolating at Windsor with Chloe -14

644Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed 25 Mar - 15:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderlust there are 12 chicken and mushroom king size pot noodles for £8.40 if you have prime on amazon which might be worth buying for your lad here

Curry and also beef and tomato flavour is also the same price at the moment!

645Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed 25 Mar - 15:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

646Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed 25 Mar - 16:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

summercummings wrote:

Very Happy

647Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed 25 Mar - 17:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

summercummings wrote:

i laughed out loud at that, good work summercummings  Very Happy

648Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed 25 Mar - 17:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good one! Very Happy

649Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed 25 Mar - 17:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Wanderlust there are 12 chicken and mushroom king size pot noodles for £8.40 if you have prime on amazon which might be worth buying for your lad here

Curry and also beef and tomato flavour is also the same price at the moment!
I'm sorted mate...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking at the global stats, isolation seems to be slowing the spread of the virus successfully although the peak hasn't been reached and for some countries like Italy and Spain the critical mass of carriers has exacerbated the short term problem so they're struggling to contain it.

But what do you folk think about the isolation strategy?

Obvious benefit is that isolation makes it more manageable for medical support services at any point in time.
But there's a question. As people come out of isolation Governments will want to get them back to work to get their economies back on track and in some cases notably China and the USA - and probably us as well - to do so quickly to try to get a competitive edge on other economies. And folk will want to get out again. The balancing act will be doing so at a rate that will keep the spread of the virus at a manageable rate whilst having enough people in work to meet economic needs - but if everybody goes back to work at once the chances of the virus kicking off at an even higher rate of spread will increase.

Fact is we all need to get it sooner or later whether it's by transmission or vaccine and once we have the antibodies we're good to go, but how do you folks see the exit strategy? Is there likely to be a cycle of periods of isolation until a vaccine is developed and administered?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well, well, well ....there are reports of some shenanigans in recording the death figures.
We know it was alreasy happening in France...

"France has recorded 1,331 deaths amid the coronavirus outbreak but there are fears the toll could be far higher.
Health authorities are only counting those who die in hospitals and are not performing post-mortems on unconfirmed cases. France's top health official, Jérôme Salomon, said hospital cases "probably represent a small part of the overall mortality".

Apparently manipulation of the true figures is happening here too. According to Newsnight, the families of the deceased have to give approval to have every death counted in the official figures i.e. the Government have put an administrative process in the way of the truth.

652Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu 26 Mar - 12:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see Norpig hasn't reported in with an update yet. Evil or Very Mad

653Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu 26 Mar - 16:23

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've just had  a phone call from my Oncology Sister at Blackpool Victoria that my Chemotherapy is being suspended for four weeks.( I guess probably longer).

I understand their reasoning, my body is currently under attack from the chemotherapy, if I got the Covid then it  could hit me very hard.

I found it really emotional talking to her and thinking of the other patients I've seen and chatted to about their cancers.  I feel lucky now that I had my surgery just before Christmas and have had 9 weeks of chemo.I just wonder now when I will be able to have the other 15 weeks I'm meant to have.

I really feel for those people who have just been told that they need surgery for a cancer and must wonder when they will get it, not to mention all the  doctors and nursing staff who have to go into hospital everyday and risk their own health.

654Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu 26 Mar - 17:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I see Norpig hasn't reported in with an update yet. Evil or Very Mad
 We are still ok KP, self isolation finishes next Wednesday then back to work for me and Mrs Pig and the kids have to go to school.

I don't think any of us have had the virus but we have to follow the guidelines. It does feel like i've been off for ages and i do feel a bit guilty as work has gone crazy by the sounds due to shortages and having to stock up on critical meds for Coronavirus wards set up just in case.

Sorry to hear about your treatment break Cajun, Mrs Pig works in the aseptic department and is in charge of chemo drug manufacturing and i suspect it will be the same at our place with patients having to stop treatment for now.

655Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu 26 Mar - 17:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I've just had  a phone call from my Oncology Sister at Blackpool Victoria that my Chemotherapy is being suspended for four weeks.( I guess probably longer).

Sorry to hear that Cajun...look after yourself and hopefully you'll get that treatment soon.

656Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu 26 Mar - 19:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:I've just had  a phone call from my Oncology Sister at Blackpool Victoria that my Chemotherapy is being suspended for four weeks.( I guess probably longer).

Sorry to hear that Cajun...look after yourself and hopefully you'll get that treatment soon.
Same goes for me Cajun. Stay safe.

657Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu 26 Mar - 21:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's such a hard situation to be in Cajun although they must feel it is much better and safer you are at home than have a greater chance being in hospital of getting this corona virus which could be catasphoric.

I hope everything works out just right mate.

Glad yourself and family are all fine Norpig! Smile

658Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu 26 Mar - 22:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Yes sorry to hear this Cajun.

659Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu 26 Mar - 23:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Yes sorry to hear this Cajun.
Fourthed mate.

I know they are postponing "non urgent" surgery but that must be little consolation for folk with conditions that can accelerate over time if not addressed. As for you,  FFS stay indoors and if anyone with a Cockney accent comes anywhere near your house, shoot 'em Smile Good luck mate.

660Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 33 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu 26 Mar - 23:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So as Cajun points out they are clearing the decks for high demand and the BBC reported "a tsunami of new hospital admissions in London" (unsurprisingly with the Underground kept running for so long) so there must be a lot of deaths but from what I'm hearing, the Government are massaging the numbers  down.
Yesterday I heard that families of deceased have to do some admin for their dead relatives to be put on the coronavirus list (last thing they'd want to do if they've just lost a loved one) and today a couple of coroners on t'internet said they were being instructed to ascribe virus deaths to pneumonia. OK it's t'internet but if the implication is that they are trying to massage the figures down, sure it would be good PR in terms of saying what a good job the Government is doing but on the other hand the true figures would be useful in getting the message across to those idiots that are still flaunting isolation practices.
I just hope it isn't true but we already know Cummings is a cynical bastard so I wouldn't put it past him.

On another note, I volunteered to support the NHS shortkly after the appeal went out but am still awaiting clearance so either the admin is swamped or they found out about the bodies under the patio Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum