Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 50]

801Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 15:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Who agrees with Dale Vince's pal, G Neville, and tax-avoiding broadcaster, G Lineker, that Matt Hancock has an 'fxxxing cheek' in suggesting Premier League footballers should give up some of their pay packets in the coronavirus crisis?

I hadn't heard this before but it doesn't surprise me in the least.

We all develop into who we are from a mixture of 'nature' (what characteristics/what's inside us when we are born - what makes us 'tick') and 'nurture' (what 'bubble' we group up and live in/the morals, values and norms we grow to believe in and hold true).

Footballers in this day and age live in a different bubble to the rest of us - even as kids, those who are better at kicking a ball than everyone else are 'elevated' into someone who is highly regarded and feted in their own society - Jesus you only have to look at that moron who has just published his CV for the ST board he's just been elected to, who states that his proudest moment of his son is playing for BWFC academy for God's sake!!! What about his son growing up in to a fine, honest and decent human being perhaps - would that give him more justification to be proud of him?

If Neville, Lineker, et al, believe they are 'entitled' is that really their fault - or is it the fault of the society they lived in since their ability to kick a ball well was noticed, encouraged and deemed more worthy of value than anything else in the world?

The royals such as Andrew (knocking around with a well known peado and seeing nothing wrong with it) and Harry and Megan (thinking they would just opt out and live very well thank you, off his royal name, whilst the rest of us tax payers should continue to keep him and his mrs in the life they've come accustom too; The Islamic jihadist blowing themselves and everyone else up because we aren't the same religion because they firmly believe it is a fast track to their heaven; Are just the same as Neville and Lineker - in a different bubble to the rest of us - and all think they are genuinely doing no wrong by their actions.

We've created monsters - is it really their fault when they say/do monstrous things?

I'm not excusing Neville and Lineker - I would have thought they had enough brains to understand the public distaste of these 'entitles' still getting their eye-wateringly high wage packets (even at third tier clubs like ours - compared to people who do 'real' work as opposed to kick a ball about - how many have been furloughed at our club whilst the players still are receiving their full £2kplus pw?) whilst the country's economy collapses, millions have no longer any work/income and doctors and nurses are dying daily.

I'm all right jack - fuck you mentality.

We get what we deserve I guess.

802Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 16:49

Predictable from the government, go after a high profile group for which being overpaid is synonymous with their profession and watch the public lap it up and point their ire elsewhere. 

Wonder why there is no mention of hedge fund managers or billionaire tax dodgers in there?

803Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 17:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:Predictable from the government, go after a high profile group for which being overpaid is synonymous with their profession and watch the public lap it up and point their ire elsewhere. 

Wonder why there is no mention of hedge fund managers or billionaire tax dodgers in there?

Exactly. It is what they always do. Remember when Cameron attacked Jimmy Carr's tax avoidance whilst overlooking his own family's and all the rich supporters/funders of the Tory party?

804Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 18:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably Bolton's biggest dick head here

805Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 18:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Probably Bolton's biggest dick head here
And a shit boxer.

806Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 18:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Predictable from the government, go after a high profile group for which being overpaid is synonymous with their profession and watch the public lap it up and point their ire elsewhere. 

I wish you would keep your political prejudice OFF this thread please.

For the record this matter was brought up by the ALL PARTY Digital, Culture, Media and Sport committee.

The Committee, as of 14 March 2020, composes of:

Julian Knight MP (Chair)
Conservative
Folkestone and Hythe

Giles Watling MP
Conservative
Clacton

Kevin Brennan MP
Labour
Cardiff West

Steve Brine MP
Conservative
Winchester

Philip Davies MP
Conservative
Shipley

Julie Elliott MP
Labour
Sunderland Central

Clive Efford MP
Labour
Eltham

John Nicolson MP
Scottish National Party
Ochil and South Perthshire

Damian Green MP
Conservative
Ashford

Jo Stevens MP
Labour
Cardiff Central

Damian Hinds MP
Conservative
East Hampshire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital,_Culture,_Media_and_Sport_Committee

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120578

Thank you.

807Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 18:36

Thought you’d seen how ridiculous this line you’re taking is? Stop targeting me, nobody has an issue with my comments on here - you’re trying to create one. 

Julian Knight is MP for Solhull by the way, don’t know where you’ve copies that from.

808Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 18:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Thought you’d seen how ridiculous this line you’re taking is? Stop targeting me, nobody has an issue with my comments on here - you’re trying to create one. 

Julian Knight is MP for Solhull by the way, don’t know where you’ve copies that from.

There's only YOU continuing to post your POLITICAL PREJUDICE on this thread!!!

From wiki -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital,_Culture,_Media_and_Sport_Committee

Point still stand though - it originated from CROSS PARTY and not the Conservative government.

There's other threads to score whatever political points you want to, to your hearts content.

This simply isn't the one.

Can't you understand that?

And if you can't, please just accept it and leave it at that.

Thanks.

809Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 19:20

Ten Bob asked a question about Neville and Lineker's responses to Hancocks statement. I responded about what i thought of what Hancock had said in his representing the government.

Makes perfect sense to me, not as if I've diverted the conversation in any way to crowbar in a reference to the government. It's my opinion.

If you don't like it, don't read it. But i'm not going to hold it back to keep you happy (as I've always told you).

810Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 20:00

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I expect Matt Hancock was responding to a question but it is unfortunately the case that those caught out doing something that's selfish, questionable or just plain wrong to self-justify by saying something like 'why are you questioning me, why don't you go and question everybody else?'

811Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 03 2020, 20:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Ten Bob asked a question about Neville and Lineker's responses to Hancocks statement. I responded about what i thought of what Hancock had said in his representing the government.

Makes perfect sense to me, not as if I've diverted the conversation in any way to crowbar in a reference to the government. It's my opinion.

If you don't like it, don't read it. But i'm not going to hold it back to keep you happy (as I've always told you).

It might make perfect sense to you - and you can say so all you want on another thread but I've asked you not to do so on this one - this is not an 'ordinary' thread for some of us and spurious political argumentative dick waving is not wanted on this one and only thread.

Pity you're too self-engrossed not to realise that, or even care.

Plenty of other places on Nuts to spout whatever you want but you clearly don't wish to do that.

If arguing is more important to you than empathy, then feel free to go and post some place else.

It's as simple as that.

812Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04 2020, 08:12

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Who agrees with Dale Vince's pal, G Neville, and tax-avoiding broadcaster, G Lineker, that Matt Hancock has an 'fxxxing cheek' in suggesting Premier League footballers should give up some of their pay packets in the coronavirus crisis?

I hadn't heard this before but it doesn't surprise me in the least.

We all develop into who we are from a mixture of 'nature' (what characteristics/what's inside us when we are born - what makes us 'tick') and 'nurture' (what 'bubble' we  group up and live in/the morals, values and norms we grow to believe in and hold true).

Footballers in this day and age live in a different bubble to the rest of us - even as kids, those who are better at kicking a ball than everyone else are 'elevated' into someone who is highly regarded and feted in their own society - Jesus you only have to look at that moron who has just published his CV for the ST board he's just been elected to, who states that his proudest moment of his son is playing for BWFC academy for God's sake!!!  What about his son growing up in to a fine, honest and decent human being perhaps - would that give him more justification to be proud of him?

If Neville, Lineker, et al, believe they are 'entitled' is that really their fault - or is it the fault of the society they lived in since their ability to kick a ball well was noticed, encouraged and deemed more worthy of value than anything else in the world?

The royals such as Andrew (knocking around with a well known peado and seeing nothing wrong with it) and Harry and Megan (thinking they would just opt out and live very well thank you, off his royal name, whilst the rest of us tax payers should continue to keep him and his mrs in the life they've come accustom too;  The Islamic jihadist blowing themselves and everyone else up because we aren't the same religion because they firmly believe it is a fast track to their heaven; Are just the same as Neville and Lineker - in a different bubble to the rest of us - and all think they are genuinely doing no wrong by their actions.

We've created monsters - is it really their fault when they say/do monstrous things?

I'm not excusing Neville and Lineker - I would have thought they had enough brains to understand the public distaste of these 'entitles' still getting their eye-wateringly high wage packets (even at third tier clubs like ours - compared to people who do 'real' work as opposed to kick a ball about - how many have been furloughed at our club whilst the players still are receiving their full £2kplus pw?) whilst the country's economy collapses, millions have no longer any work/income and doctors and nurses are dying daily.

I'm all right jack - fuck you mentality.

We get what we deserve I guess.
Do we really deserve this, Sluffy? The government, the NHS and front line heroes are doing all they can to tackle an horrendous challenge and this pair of jumped-up poseurs have the breathtaking arrogance to come out with this kind of dim-witted, self-satisfied, foul-mouthed bile.

No excuses or explanations are needed, Sluffy. Its just utterly, absolutely, unforgiveably nauseating.

813Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04 2020, 09:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Good article about face masks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51205344

814Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04 2020, 11:26

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I thought this song might be appropriate to listen to in the present circumstances, even if you don't like Sting.

815Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04 2020, 11:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Do we really deserve this, Sluffy? The government, the NHS and front line heroes are doing all they can to tackle an horrendous challenge and this pair of jumped-up poseurs have the breathtaking arrogance to come out with this kind of dim-witted, self-satisfied, foul-mouthed bile.

No excuses or explanations are needed, Sluffy. Its just utterly, absolutely, unforgiveably nauseating.

I think we do.

Nobody was bothered much before the virus that footballers were paid tens/hundreds of thousands pounds each, every week/month, before the virus and the NHS was critically underfunded and overworked, with hospital junior doctors threating strikes over hours they had to work, senior doctors cutting hours because of higher tax on their pension contributions, nurse having to take second jobs to top up their low wages, NHS Trusts going millions into debt, waiting times at A and E being the worst on record, the impossibility these days to book an appointment to see your GP within a week, etc, etc.

Football players have been paid silly money since the Premier League was formed and Sky money started to pour in and players (and their agents) have taken the lions share of it.

Nobody seems to raise an eyebrow about players being paid millions anymore - least of all themselves!!!

The most up to date information I can find is for the 2017/18 season (so already two years out of date), where the AVERAGE pay for a first team squad player was £3 MILLION per year, with the bigger teams paying more such as Manchester City, whose AVERAGE pay for a first team squad player was £7 MILLION per year.  God knows how much the top stars were actually being paid.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/23/premier-league-salaries-manchester-city-nba-barcelona

It's society that ultimate sets the value of things.

Seems we valued highly paid footballers much more than the NHS.

Football has clearly supplanted religion as modern days 'opium of the people'.

So yes I do believe we deserve what we've created.

And the worst thing about all this is we won't learn any lessons from it and when the virus eventually goes away and things return to something like normal, then footballers will still continued to be paid their millions per year and nurses and doctors won't.

816Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I am constantly amazed at how stupid some people can be:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358

817Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:I am constantly amazed at how stupid some people can be:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358

Social media mentality at work.

If it says so on Facebook or Twitter it must be true!!!

:facepalm:

818Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Windmills cause cancer.

819Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04 2020, 13:30

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Windmills cause cancer.
Forget all this coronavirus nonsense, Dale Vince and his pals want the government to concentrate on where his next millions are going to come from. This is him on Twitter yesterday.

A quick update from

@JolyonMaugham

@GeorgeMonbiot

and I, about our legal challenge to the government's national planning policy for energy.

I got an email from Taxinsider this morning offering a quick guide on how to make the most of directors loan accounts in tax planning. I'm retired and not interested but I doubt I could learn anything I couldn't learn from seeing how Dale Vince does it.

820Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 41 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04 2020, 13:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This Vince bloke sounds like a genius.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum