Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 50]

821Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:02 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Windmills cause cancer.
Forget all this coronavirus nonsense, Dale Vince and his pals want the government to concentrate on where his next millions are going to come from. This is him on Twitter yesterday.

A quick update from

@JolyonMaugham

@GeorgeMonbiot

and I, about our legal challenge to the government's national planning policy for energy.

I got an email from Taxinsider this morning offering a quick guide on how to make the most of directors loan accounts in tax planning. I'm retired and not interested but I doubt I could learn anything I couldn't learn from seeing how Dale Vince does it.

It's a bit of an art to post tweets on here but I think this was the tweet you were intending to post -

For those who don't know the trick of how to do it, there are two parts to it.

First part - before you even link to a tweet you need to 'set up' the post in the first place and in order to do it you need to make sure the last icon - the bottom right one of those shown above (the one that looks like a sheet of paper) when you post is clicked on to snow a 'white' background - if it is showing the normal 'grey' one, simply click on it and it should then show white.

Once that is done we move to the second part which is copying the tweet itself.

What you do is look to the top right of the tweet you want to copy and click on the sort of down arrow/letter 'V' type thing and you will see a small menu appear.

Simply click on the top option 'Embed Tweet' and a new screen will open - you then simply click on the blue box that says 'copy code' and a green circle with a white tick will appear saying that the link is copied.

All you have to do then is paste directly the link into your post and job done!

I know it sounds a bit like hard work but once you've done it a time or two you will find it real easy.

Hope this helps.

822Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:55 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Carrie Symonds has now tested positive for Coronavirus which isn't a surprise with Boris having it.

She must be even more petrified with her being pregnant.

823Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:34 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Windmills cause cancer.
Forget all this coronavirus nonsense, Dale Vince and his pals want the government to concentrate on where his next millions are going to come from. This is him on Twitter yesterday.

A quick update from

@JolyonMaugham

@GeorgeMonbiot

and I, about our legal challenge to the government's national planning policy for energy.

I got an email from Taxinsider this morning offering a quick guide on how to make the most of directors loan accounts in tax planning. I'm retired and not interested but I doubt I could learn anything I couldn't learn from seeing how Dale Vince does it.

It's a bit of an art to post tweets on here but I think this was the tweet you were intending to post -

For those who don't know the trick of how to do it, there are two parts to it.

First part - before you even link to a tweet you need to 'set up' the post in the first place and in order to do it you need to make sure the last icon - the bottom right one of those shown above (the one that looks like a sheet of paper) when you post is clicked on to snow a 'white' background - if it is showing the normal 'grey' one, simply click on it and it should then show white.

Once that is done we move to the second part which is copying the tweet itself.

What you do is look to the top right of the tweet you want to copy and click on the sort of down arrow/letter 'V' type thing and you will see a small menu appear.

Simply click on the top option 'Embed Tweet' and a new screen will open - you then simply click on the blue box that says 'copy code' and a green circle with a white tick will appear saying that the link is copied.

All you have to do then is paste directly the link into your post and job done!

I know it sounds a bit like hard work but once you've done it a time or two you will find it real easy.

Hope this helps.

What has this got to do with Coronavirus?

824Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:11 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought I would let everyone know that I managed to purchase a 9 pack of toilet roll from Lidl this evening. 

It must be the first time I have seen it in the supermarket for at least 5 weeks. 

It’s the one that likes to block my toilet but at least I can wipe my arse without rationing the pieces now.

Things are starting to look up. Very Happy

825Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:59 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

What a bogus excuse: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52168692

Most of them use or have used tax avoidance devices to minimise their tax!

Even the maths is wrong! Only about 20% of total tax revenue is spent on the NHS.

826Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:37 am

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:What a bogus excuse: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52168692

Most of them use or have used tax avoidance devices to minimise their tax!

Even the maths is wrong! Only about 20% of total tax revenue is spent on the NHS.
It is true though that, despite tax avoidance, the government collects mountains of dosh in PAYE/NIC from football clubs. Outside the Premiership, scarcely any club can afford the wages they are paying and are reliant on owners to make up the difference. (Except FGR which is funded by taxpayers, banks and unsuspecting eco-bond holders who think they are helping to save the planet)

Eddie Davies made his money and lived in the low-tax Isle of Man but it wasn't the IOM government or IOM charities that saw much of Eddie's philanthropy.

Quite a number of footballers have other sources of income. Harry Kane, for example, has earnings in HK28 Ltd, a company with a share capital of one pound.

Last year HK28 Ltd reported profits of £2.2m on which it paid tax of £416K (19%).

I'm not singling him out btw. His just happened to be the first name I thought of before taking a quick look.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

827Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:57 am

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:I thought I would let everyone know that I managed to purchase a 9 pack of toilet roll from Lidl this evening. 

It must be the first time I have seen it in the supermarket for at least 5 weeks. 

It’s the one that likes to block my toilet but at least I can wipe my arse without rationing the pieces now.

Too much information.

828Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:46 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I thought I would let everyone know that I managed to purchase a 9 pack of toilet roll from Lidl this evening. 

Thank fook. I've been sitting by my keyboard for days waiting for news of your arse.

829Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:13 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This is definitely going too far. Yes some idiots are not keeping a sensible distance apart but this is starting to look like the government blaming the public in order to avoid blame for its own failures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035

830Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to my local shop and spied some bog roll and picked it up. It was a pack of 18 with no price on so took it to the till and it came up as £10.99! I told him i wouldn't be buying that at that price and walked out. Mrs Pig managed to get the same amount of rolls for £3.99 at B&M Bargains.
Tempted not to use my local shop again after that shameless profiteering.

831Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:30 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Things are starting to ramp up at my Hospital, we have at least 10 areas set aside for Covid patients and the peak is not due for another couple of weeks apparently.

The Trust have now told all staff that the Easter Bank Holidays are now to be classed as normal work days so no rest for us NHS workers for a while yet.

832Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:58 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disgusting Behaviour!

I hope the people like this get refused treatment.

833Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:04 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone going to be tuning in to the big speech from our Liz on how we are all in this together?

Nope, thought not! Very Happy

834Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:07 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

835Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:16 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it’s time the queen put her hand in and gave some money to the NHS and got a reduction right now with her so called income like everyone else. 

I think she’s doing herself no favours doing this speech tonight as more and more people don’t want a royal family taking the piss.

836Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:22 pm

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:Things are starting to ramp up at my Hospital, we have at least 10 areas set aside for Covid patients and the peak is not due for another couple of weeks apparently.

The Trust have now told all staff that the Easter Bank Holidays are now to be classed as normal work days so no rest for us NHS workers for a while yet.
Im at the MRI tomorrow morning testing two doctors. Hopefully well away from the covid areas.

837Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:28 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris has been admitted to hospital now as a precaution.

838Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:51 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

839Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:40 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris Johnson’s symptoms have now worsened and is now in ICU.

I hope he pulls through this...

840Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:48 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thing moves with frightening speed KP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum