Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 50]

661Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 26 2020, 23:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scandalous story on Newsnight re Government response to British ventilator manufacturers.

662Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 26 2020, 23:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting strategy re Government support for self - employed.
The support package is based on a percentage of declared profits - as measured by tax returns, so tax dodgers will get next to nothing. One thing I do know about the self-employed is that they in turn employ an army of accountants to minimise tax paid, so on the one hand it's a smart move from the Government.
But on the other, a lot of smaller businesses are likely to pack it in and lay off staff if they have any - so it could prove more expensive in the long run. There are over 5 million microbusinesses (<10 staff) in the UK - that's 95% of all UK businesses.

Whilst the moral standpoint is to be applauded, the reality may well bite them in the bum. Personally I think it's naive short-termism.

Wonder if they'll release stats on new unemployment benefit claims?

663Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 08:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:Interesting strategy re Government support for self - employed.
The support package is based on a percentage of declared profits - as measured by tax returns, so tax dodgers will get next to nothing.

Smile

664Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 09:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Cajun, just keep going mate. Its a horrible situation to be put in. To be honest, I'm surprised that they have stopped treatment across the board, although I suspect they will continue with those patients whose treatment has reached a critical point. So bear in mind that this doesn't include yourself, and take heart from it.

665Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 10:25

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

666Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 10:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keep well Cajun.

If I'd believed in God I would have said a little prayer for you too!

(Unfortunately I don't).

Fwiw I do believe in staying positive and sensible and I'm sure you will get through it with your loved ones as well.

667Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 10:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"We didn't get the email" doesn't really wash does it? 
To paraphrase David Ginola they don't think we're worth it.
But for me the bigger crime is for a Government that was elected on the promise to make Britain stronger outside the EU, is their failure to back British manufacturers.Instead we were forced to watch substandard 3M American PPE products being delivered to our hospitals on the news as the Government turn to the big foreign corporates. I wouldn't mind so much but the chances of Brexit happening by the latest of many deadlines is next to zero, so we've been left in limbo and disadvantaged in our future recovery.
No wonder Labour are asking why the Government changed their story.
Corbyn may have picked the wrong time to say it but he has a fair point about the lack of Government investment in the state over the last ten years.
I'm happy to volunteer to help out the NHS, but I only wish it wasn't already on it's knees before the virus struck.

668Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 11:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris has tested positive.

669Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 11:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Boris has tested positive.

Maybe they will ask retired Prime Ministers to return to work...

670Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 12:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:

May did such a great job too!

671Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 13:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Interesting article about the probable spread of the virus because of a football match.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11251491/atalanta-valencia-biological-bomb-infected-fans-coronavirus-italy-mayor-bergamo/

672Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 14:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For what? Ergophobia?

673Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 14:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Matt Hancock has tested positive too!

674Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 14:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

May did such a great job too!

Thanks for the laugh! Very Happy

675Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 14:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Interesting article about the probable spread of the virus because of a football match.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11251491/atalanta-valencia-biological-bomb-infected-fans-coronavirus-italy-mayor-bergamo/
There was a report on Sky news late last night about this game and an interview with the Italian doctor who advised their Government to go into lockdown. He said the worst thing about it was the politicians' unwillingness to listen to his warnings.
He was asked about the UK and said he was horrified when he saw the images of people packed on the Underground in London.
When asked about our prospects he said that our Government should have clamped down weeks ago as they had all the information about what was happening on the ground in Italy. 
It's a stark reminder that if one infected person infects an average of just 3 others, it will spread to 60,000 people after just 10 encounters so goodness knows how many folk were put at risk and will die unnecessarily.
At least our lot started to take it seriously eventually  - but you have to feel for the Americans whose Government is an even bigger joke.

676Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 14:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I knew Mike Ashley is a dick but this is appalling.

677Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 14:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

James May is another selfish tosspot who can't stick to the rules after being photographed at a pub with friends having a pint.

678Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 14:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:James May is another selfish tosspot who can't stick to the rules after being photographed at a pub with friends having a pint.
Wonder how he'll feel if he kills his mum?

679Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 15:48

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for all your kind wishes.

Something to make us all feel better.

680Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 34 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 27 2020, 15:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not sure about the song, but those girls make me feel better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum