Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+21
MartinBWFC
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
y2johnny
xmiles
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Hip Priest
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
observer
okocha
wanderlust
sunlight
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
terenceanne
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 34]

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It will certainly be interesting to see which way the Democrats move now. It’s ok removing the guy who got you there and despite his ills still had considerable support but you have to find someone better to take his place and I’m not sure they do. Harris is woeful and was only chosen for being a woman of colour whereas none of the other Democrat possibles have good reputations or are household names and they don’t have time now to gain that. Unless Trump does something very silly and always possible with Donald, it should be a cake walk. He and the Republicans just have to stick to script now and let the Democrats mess it up between themselves because if they try to force Harris out they could feel a serious backlash from the DEI mob and mainstream media?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If you were an American W63 you would be a stonewall Trump voter because you truly believe what you are fed.

Harris was the Attorney General of California for eight years before we over here got to hear about her.

That means she was the top legal person for the state of California which is the biggest state in economic terms in the US, in a state that has just shy of 40 million people.

If California was a country instead of a US state it would be on a par with Canada.

She might only be a "woman of colour" to you (I believe that to be both a sexist and racist view point by the way) but she's clearly got a brain in her head and abilities to get to where she now is.  

(Why can't you ever see beyond the political bollocks the you are fed - you fall for them every time?)

As for none of the other Democrats being household names - are you mad?

They may not be household names to you and I but how many UK politicians are household names to the average American?

I'm sure most Americans probably know at least the names of Chuck Schumer and Hakeem Jeffries from them just being on the news as leaders of their parties in Congress and the Senate.

As for your last sentence - its just pure Trump!!!

"mainstream media"

and,

"the DEI mob" - (I had to look that up as I'd never heard of it before - that's how indoctrinated you must be!!!) - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion

DEI (or DE&I) stands for diversity, equity and inclusion. As a discipline, DEI is any policy or practice designed to make people of various backgrounds feel welcome and ensure they have support to perform to the fullest of their abilities in the workplace.

https://builtin.com/diversity-inclusion/what-does-dei-mean-in-the-workplace#:~:text=DEI%20(or%20DE%26I)%20stands%20for,their%20abilities%20in%20the%20workplace.

I can only assume you now wear a MAGA tinfoil hat on your head as you willingly swallow all the shit that he (and Truss) spouts.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Harris is a formidable politician, and not to be underestimated, so watch this space.
Trump will be terrified of sharing a debate stage with her.
She didn't get where she is because of her colour, but, sadly, 63, your Janet and John view of the world is letting you down again.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:Harris is a formidable politician, and not to be underestimated, so watch this space.
She didn't get where she is because of her colour, but, sadly, 63, your Janet and John view of the world is letting you down again.
Trump will not get on a debate stage with Kamala Harris... The Prosecutor vs the Felon!

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Harris is a formidable politician, and not to be underestimated, so watch this space.
A formidable politician who currently has an even lower personal poll rating than Sleepy Joe. Let’s see shall we, an unpopular woman of colour not even rated by her own Democratic Party and who may not even get the nomination, a so far unnamed and little known competitor or a super popular Trump? The US decides and I think I know who it will be.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
A formidable politician who currently has an even lower personal poll rating than Sleepy Joe. Let’s see shall we, an unpopular woman of colour not even rated by her own Democratic Party and who may not even get the nomination, a so far unnamed and little known competitor or a super popular Trump? The US decides and I think I know who it will be.

Where do you get your 'facts'. from - because THEY SIMPLY ARE NOT TRUE!!!

Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 30 6f26d778-68d7-4d99-b61d-966fe2daa079

Who has endorsed Kamala Harris?
published at 07:43

As we've reported, many Democratic Party heavyweights have followed President Joe Biden in supporting Vice-President Kamala Harris:

California Governor Gavin Newsom - who was tipped as a potential nominee - endorsed Harris last night, writing on X that "no one is better to prosecute the case against Donald Trump's dark vision"

So did Transport Secretary Pete Buttigieg and Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, who were also seen as potential candidates

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State John Kerry also backed Harris

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she was pledging her "full support to ensure her victory in November"

Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren, and Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar, who ran against Biden for the nomination in 2020, have also both endorsed Harris

And fwiw using the term 'coloured' is generally considered racist.

Warning: Why using the term 'coloured' is offensive

In the UK the term is, at best, seen as old fashioned and "something your gran might say".

But it's also regarded as a highly offensive racial slur which recalls a time when casual racism was a part of everyday life.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-30999175

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Jul 22 2024, 14:36; edited 1 time in total

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

Where do you get your 'facts'. from - because they simply aren't facts!

Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 30 6f26d778-68d7-4d99-b61d-966fe2daa079

Also fwiw using the term 'coloured' is generally considered racist.

If polls were accurate, Hillary Clinton would be stepping down now after 8 years as the first woman President, and the Teflon Don would be in prison.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:If polls were accurate, Hillary Clinton would be stepping down now after 8 years as the first woman President, and the Teflon Don would be in prison.

That is not the point I was making - I was calling out yet another LIE - FAKE NEWS that the Trump supporting MORONS believe without question.

W63 is a classic Trump supporter.

He can't see it of course, he believes he's Conservative through and through BUT he endorses, supports and even helped vote in as our Prime Minister (Liz Truss) a Trump clone, and has been brainwashed into believing the the likes of Kier Starmer (former Director of Public Prosecutions)...

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) is the head of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and the third most senior public prosecutor in England and Wales, ranking after the attorney general and solicitor general.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_Public_Prosecutions_(England_and_Wales)

...and Kamala Harris (former Attorney General of California, to be someone to not to trust???

W63 would rather swallow all the shit that Trump (who let's face it, isn't the most honest person in the world) says about ANYONE who isn't on his side.

I'll be honest, I don't get it, I don't get it at all - it isn't hard to fact check stuff and it isn't difficult to work out who tells lies and who doesn't - so even if you do want to 'believe' in the 'populist' polices (design specifically for sheep to vote them into office and lie some more to them) then why wouldn't you or anyone else with half a brain, start to think something isn't right here, something smells off?

..dunno..

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

That is not the point I was making - I was calling out yet another LIE - FAKE NEWS that the Trump supporting MORONS believe without question.

W63 is a classic Trump supporter.

He can't see it of course, he believes he's Conservative through and through BUT he endorses, supports and even helped vote in as our Prime Minister (Liz Truss) a Trump clone, and has been brainwashed into believing the the likes of Kier Starmer (former Director of Public Prosecutions)...

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) is the head of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and the third most senior public prosecutor in England and Wales, ranking after the attorney general and solicitor general.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_Public_Prosecutions_(England_and_Wales)

...and Kamala Harris (former Attorney General of California, to be someone to not to trust???

W63 would rather swallow all the shit that Trump (who let's face it, isn't the most honest person in the world) says about ANYONE who isn't on his side.

I'll be honest, I don't get it, I don't get it at all - it isn't hard to fact check stuff and it isn't difficult to work out who tells lies and who doesn't - so even if you do want to 'believe' in the 'populist' polices (design specifically for sheep to vote them into office and lie some more to them) then why wouldn't you or anyone else with half a brain, start to think something isn't right here, something smells off?

..dunno..
I say the same thing every day... I don't get it... but then again, I have not tasted the Kool-Aid! This is a clear cut choice between good and evil.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

To be honest I'm not familiar with your references to Kool-Aid - it is an 'Americanism' that isn't used over here - "England and America are two countries separated by a common language" (George Bernard Shaw).

I presume you mean this? -

Drinking the Kool-Aid

"Drinking the Kool-Aid" is most strongly believing in and accepting a deadly, deranged, or foolish ideology or concept based only upon the overpowering coaxing of another; the expression is also used to refer to a person who wrongly has faith in a possibly doomed or dangerous idea because of perceived potential high rewards. The phrase typically carries a negative connotation. It can also be used ironically or humorously to refer to accepting an idea or changing a preference due to popularity, peer pressure, or persuasion. In recent years, it has evolved further to mean extreme dedication to a cause or purpose, so extreme that one would "drink the Kool-Aid" and die for the cause.

While use of the phrase dates back to 1968 with the nonfiction book The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test,[citation needed] it is strongly associated with the events in Jonestown, Guyana, on November 18, 1978, in which over 900 members of the Peoples Temple movement died. The movement's leader, Jim Jones, called a mass meeting at the Jonestown pavilion after the murder of U.S. Congressman Leo Ryan and others in nearby Port Kaituma. Jones proposed "revolutionary suicide" by way of ingesting a powdered drink mix made from Flavor Aid (later misidentified as Kool-Aid) that was lethally laced with cyanide and other drugs.

Full wiki article here -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid#:~:text=%22Drinking%20the%20Kool%2DAid%22,because%20of%20perceived%20potential%20high

Here is an example of Trump using it (taken from the same wiki article) -

In the book Rage by Bob Woodward, which is an outcome of 18 interviews with former president Donald Trump, Woodward quotes Trump's reaction to his question about the responsibility of white, wealthy people who should help understand general population motivations of Black Lives Matter protesters. Trump replied: "You really drank the Kool-Aid, didn't you? Just listen to you."

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

Where do you get your 'facts'. from - because THEY SIMPLY ARE NOT TRUE!!!

Who has endorsed Kamala Harris?
published at 07:43

As we've reported, many Democratic Party heavyweights have followed President Joe Biden in supporting Vice-President Kamala Harris:

California Governor Gavin Newsom - who was tipped as a potential nominee - endorsed Harris last night, writing on X that "no one is better to prosecute the case against Donald Trump's dark vision"

So did Transport Secretary Pete Buttigieg and Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, who were also seen as potential candidates

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State John Kerry also backed Harris

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she was pledging her "full support to ensure her victory in November"

Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren, and Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar, who ran against Biden for the nomination in 2020, have also both endorsed Harris

And fwiw using the term 'coloured' is generally considered racist.

In the UK the term is, at best, seen as old fashioned and "something your gran might say".

But it's also regarded as a highly offensive racial slur which recalls a time when casual racism was a part of everyday life.

Well you can pick out any figures you want but I was talking about her personal approval rating by the US public and in the latest poll she has an approval rating of -11.8 with 50.4 disapproving and only 38.6 approving. As for California, it’s a complete mess with its ultra left, woke policies the worst in America and whilst she may find popularity with some of the young mainly female Asian/American women and the wokerati, once she gets a proper grilling I doubt she’ll survive. Here’s a woman who was never elected, has no previous political experience and you think she’d be better for the world that Donald? You just get worse every post Sluffy. By the way, you’re right I’d certainly be voting Trump if I was a Yank because the West needs a strong leader not a wimp, male or female.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Well you can pick out any figures you want but I was talking about her personal approval rating by the US public and in the latest poll she has an approval rating of -11.8 with 50.4 disapproving and only 38.6 approving. As for California, it’s a complete mess with its ultra left, woke policies the worst in America and whilst she may find popularity with some of the young mainly female Asian/American women and the wokerati, once she gets a proper grilling I doubt she’ll survive. Here’s a woman who was never elected, has no previous political experience and you think she’d be better for the world that Donald? You just get worse every post Sluffy. By the way, you’re right I’d certainly be voting Trump if I was a Yank because the West needs a strong leader not a wimp, male or female.

Do you even switched your brain on before posting?

Of course she's been elected - she was a Senator before she became Vice President you utter numpty.

California, eh?  I take it you know it well, lived there for a number of years no doubt, knows what makes it tick.

Thought not.

When she gets a proper grilling - she the one who dished out proper grilling's!!!

She was a District Attorney before she became Attorney General - she prosecuted people in court ffs!

It would not surprise me in the least if Trump pulls out of the head to head with her, claiming some bollocks or other that she should not be standing or he's won already (like he did with the Republican head to head debates).

As for the poll it doesn't matter if people like her or not, it matters will they vote for her more than Trump.

And fwiw - Hitler was a strong leader and that didn't end well did it?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't think she's up to taking on Trump do you?

...and for a follow up...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't wait for Don the Con's scriptwriters to have a go at Senator Mark Kelly when he's given the VP ticket, which he surely should be.
He's more American than apple pie and motherhood.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This might make me unpopular but I don't think Kamala Harris can win. The reason is the Electoral College and how its votes are distributed. The southern states have way more EC votes than they should per capita and several of the battleground states are southern states. In 2016 Hilary Clinton won the popular vote by more than 3 million but lost 306-232 in the electoral college. 

So, given how much the southern states just love women (see their recent abortion laws and rulings on IVF if you don't believe me) and their well known respect for black people just how many of them will go for an independent, strong, pro-choice, former State Prosecutor black woman?

I honestly believe Kamala Harris would do a brilliant job as President but I don't think she can WIN the job because there's still too much knee jerk misogyny and racism in the US, particularly in the states she will most need to win such as Georgia, Arizona and Virginia.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You are kind of on the right lines but some of your reasoning is wrong.

No Democrat (male or female) will win in Texas and many of the 'red neck' states is absolutely true as you say but you miss entirely the fact that the Democrats will win 'big' in states like California and New York, the states where more voters are generally better educated and less zombified.

Where elections are won or loss is in what we would call 'marginal' seats and which the American call 'swing states'.

Whichever candidate (Trump or Harris) wins most of the swing states (and their votes) will end up as the next President (unless of course Trump loses, call the vote fixed and overthrows the government).

Seems far fetched to say that I know, but he more or less tried to do exactly that in 2020!!!

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:You are kind of on the right lines but some of your reasoning is wrong.

No Democrat (male or female) will win in Texas and many of the 'red neck' states is absolutely true as you say but you miss entirely the fact that the Democrats will win 'big' in states like California and New York, the states where more voters are generally better educated and less zombified.

Where elections are won or loss is in what we would call 'marginal' seats and which the American call 'swing states'.

Whichever candidate (Trump or Harris) wins most of the swing states (and their votes) will end up as the next President (unless of course Trump loses, call the vote fixed and overthrows the government).

Seems far fetched to say that I know, but he more or less tried to do exactly that in 2020!!!
It comes down to approximately 7 states... Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin... with Biden winning 6 of them in 2020... only losing in North Carolina. How will Kamala do? She needs to almost run the table of these swing states to win the electoral college. Not impossible, but Biden won by approximately 44,000 votes in those six states. Nervous time, but hopefully the Prosecutor will beat the Felon.

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, it will as always come down to these swing states as to who wins the White House. Trump seems to have been ahead in most so far but that may change now that Biden isn’t running. Despite her being VP for the whole current term I’m yet to hear much about what Harris stands for other than she hopes to win Women’s votes being one and some of the non white votes being of colour herself. She’s going to need to do much more than that to make headway and with only a few months left to polling day it’s not going to be easy to get a message across. It’s certainly tighter now than it would have been with Biden but I still have doubts that Harris has what’s necessary to pull it off, especially if she’s only going to use the time to make jokes about her experience prosecuting villains instead of policies that will affect the voters. Maybe she can just use the Starmer trick of saying nothing in detail about what your plans are although she doesn’t have the benefit of laying all the problems at the foot of the last government? 🤷‍�

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Yes, it will as always come down to these swing states as to who wins the White House. Trump seems to have been ahead in most so far but that may change now that Biden isn’t running. Despite her being VP for the whole current term I’m yet to hear much about what Harris stands for other than she hopes to win Women’s votes being one and some of the non white votes being of colour herself. She’s going to need to do much more than that to make headway and with only a few months left to polling day it’s not going to be easy to get a message across. It’s certainly tighter now than it would have been with Biden but I still have doubts that Harris has what’s necessary to pull it off, especially if she’s only going to use the time to make jokes about her experience prosecuting villains instead of policies that will affect the voters. Maybe she can just use the Starmer trick of saying nothing in detail about what your plans are although she doesn’t have the benefit of laying all the problems at the foot of the last government? 🤷‍�

She stands for this W63

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's going to be tight but there are some previously unseen factors which are now in play which gives the Democrats some sort of hope.
There is a suggestion that more swing voters are now fact checking and are increasingly open to seeing the videos of Trump's lies, misogyny, racism etc than ever before - bread and butter viewing for Democrats but not for many Americans who basically "didn't want to know" previously.
There is an increased awareness of Trump's involvement in Project 2025 - which many Americans didn't understand - and they are now realising how it would affect them and their families and communities.
There is more scrutiny - and disdain for  - the vitriolic rhetoric that has been used historically, particularly the fear rhetoric - and conversely there is a rising appreciation of professional behaviour in politics rather than the screaming hatred of the Maga diaspora.
Vance is as popular as a turd in a punchbowl
There is a huge division in Republican ranks - not least with the Haley for Harris campaign donating funds to Kamala and Republicans against Trump rebelling.
Trump's own mental capacity is under greater scrutiny
Republicans have blown their budget on the wrong fight.
All little things that are slowly starting to undermine confidence in Trump.

Trump isn't a shoo-in anymore, but neither is Kamala at this stage.

Most Trump haters like me would just love it if she took him to task but it's a risky strategy for her personal image - she should stick with Buttlieg  and others to do the dirty work - which he does so eloquently.
However, if she works hard, debates well and sticks to the simple messages - like "we're Not Going Back" she should be able to increase the youth vote and the female vote enough to drag the Democrats over the line. We'll see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum