Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Ian Evatt is our new manager!!!

+10
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
wessy
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Talks a good game. Let's hope he can produce the goods.

Expansive, entertaining football? Not sure I'm ready for that. Surprised

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wish him well. He's getting us all fired up, and I hope it all comes together for him, (and us). 
Welcome to the club Mr Evatt.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My mole is still saying Ricketts.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

i think you should reconsider his retainer

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:My mole is still saying Ricketts.
 Does your mole need examining and is it hairy?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:My mole is still saying Ricketts.
Is your mole self-diagnosing perhaps?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Talks a good game. Let's hope he can produce the goods.

Expansive, entertaining football? Not sure I'm ready for that. Surprised
Delighted it's sorted but the "expansive, entertaining" and "possession-based" team that will score goals is a helluva lot to promise.... or is it to aim for?
I was pleased that Barrow said our management team behaved professionally - we need references after our last owner and it bodes well for the future. Gawd I hope he delivers - although it does appear that he hasn't got responsibility for signings. Presume he'll be consulted and it may be as simple as Evatt handing them a wish list, but I suspect not. Still, very positive development.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Evatt ...Out 

Just wanted to beat Nat to it this time Smile

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Delighted it's sorted but the "expansive, entertaining" and "possession-based" team that will score goals is a helluva lot to promise.... or is it to aim for?
I was pleased that Barrow said our management team behaved professionally - we need references after our last owner and it bodes well for the future. Gawd I hope he delivers - although it does appear that he hasn't got responsibility for signings. Presume he'll be consulted and it may be as simple as Evatt handing them a wish list, but I suspect not. Still, very positive development.

Who said he hasn’t got responsibility for signings lusty? Both Ian Evatt and Toby will decide together who we bring in but I don’t for a minute think players will be forced upon him, otherwise what’s the point of recruiting someone whose main strength is evaluating players. Toby will probably be the main one negotiating the fine detail of contracts or dealing with agents but Evatt will definitely be involved in deciding who it is we do sign.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

As an aside, I'm quite pleased to see that management conducted themselves in a proper manner, (as touched on by Wander,), and we weren't promised the Earth with nothing but waffle, and lies to show at the end of it. It was quick and clean, and very positive. I am now hoping that the buying, (or whatever), of players. continues in the same way. Well done team.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Who said he hasn’t got responsibility for signings lusty? Both Ian Evatt and Toby will decide together who we bring in but I don’t for a minute think players will be forced upon him, otherwise what’s the point of recruiting someone whose main strength is evaluating players. Toby will probably be the main one negotiating the fine detail of contracts or dealing with agents but Evatt will definitely be involved in deciding who it is we do sign.
It was the "head coach" job title that made me think he may not have responsibility for signings as the whole point of the title is take pressure off him so he can focus on the team. I mean why not "manager" if he has that responsibility? In most countries, head coach equates to manager, but in the UK to date, head coaches like when Pochettino was at Spurs, Pulis at West Brom etc they only pick and train the team while the recruiting is done by someone else.
Now that isn't to say that the HC doesn't influence buying decisions and I guess the key to that is how much influence the coach has on recruitment as alluded to in my comments. It could well be the case that the coach actually decides who he wants whilst someone else does the mechanics of the deal.
If you happen to know how the specific relationship will work at BWFC I'd be interested to know.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:

It was the "head coach" job title that made me think he may not have responsibility for signings as the whole point of the title is take pressure off him so he can focus on the team. I mean why not "manager" if he has that responsibility? In most countries, head coach equates to manager, but in the UK to date, head coaches like when Pochettino was at Spurs, Pulis at West Brom etc they only pick and train the team while the recruiting is done by someone else.
Now that isn't to say that the HC doesn't influence buying decisions and I guess the key to that is how much influence the coach has on recruitment as alluded to in my comments. It could well be the case that the coach actually decides who he wants whilst someone else does the mechanics of the deal.
If you happen to know how the specific relationship will work at BWFC I'd be interested to know.

Evatt was unveiled as Bolton’s first-ever head coach. And much has been discussed among supporters as to what that might mean.

The division of labour between Evatt, and the head of football operations, Tobias Phoenix, has been particularly scrutinised by all but the new man himself.

Head coach or manager it doesn’t matter, the job spec is exactly the same,” he said. “I’ll be working extremely close with Tobias and all the staff".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm quite excited by all this now - decent wage budget at this level, playing like Barca, a plan in place - what could possibly go wrong?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would be good to see some possession football for a change, might need a whole new midfield though as the likes of Murphy and Lowe couldn't string 3 passes together last season.

You would hope with the amount of out of contract players up for grabs we can compete and sign some of the better ones. We are still a big name at this level and have the best facilities and stadium at this level as well.

You'd think the likes of Murphy and Lowe wouldn't fit his 'philosophy' as you say Pig neither are great passers and neither have a great amount of energy. There's been a lot to moan about with this team for years now, but one of my main gripes has been the complete lack of quality and legs in central midfield. 

Willing runners who can press and get beyond the attackers to support make a massive difference, when was the last time we had a pair who could do that? Probably Muamba and Holden who really did underpin that team - so unlucky to be robbed of both. After them it was the likes of Pratley, Andrews and Spearing - no wonder we've fallen so far.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think your right TROY. Our midfield has been piss poor for ages, hence the back to front football we've been 'entertained' with. I like the new bosses idea of a team with a functioning spine because its easier to pass to the player in front of you  rather than treat the centre circle as a sinkhole, always to be ignored.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every manager since Allardyce has arrived at the club with a "philosophy".

How has that worked out?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Come on Nat be positive! From all the articles i've read about him i'm genuinely excited for the first time in years. He developed a style of playing at Barrow so why can't he do the same thing for us?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've nothing against the guy, but the fan reaction was exactly the same when Hill took over.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've nothing against the guy, but the fan reaction was exactly the same when Hill took over.

It was - as was the initial press release. We've all been here before so all we can hope for is that this time we'll stop the slide and it will come good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum