Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed

+10
Norpig
Bwfc1958
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
gloswhite
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
wessy
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 17:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

EOIN DOYLE has become Bolton Wanderers’ Head Coach Ian Evatt’s first brand new signing of the summer after penning a three-year deal at the University of Bolton Stadium.

The prolific marksman, 32, arrives in Bolton following a spell with Swindon Town last season where he netted an astonishing 25 goals in 28 games, a tally which helped propel The Robins to the Sky Bet League Two title.

Wanderers fought off fierce competition from clubs higher up the football pyramid to land the Dubliner, whose previous clubs include Bradford City, Oldham Athletic, Portsmouth, Preston North End, Cardiff City, Chesterfield and Hibernian.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk, Doyle, who was last season’s top scorer in League Two, said: “I got a call off the gaffer when he got the job and I’m delighted to be here.

“I played alongside him and I know him well. I kept an eye on what he did at Barrow and they far exceeded expectations, so I’m very excited to be working for him.

“The style his teams play is good for me personally and I cannot wait to get going.”

Clearly pleased to get his man, Evatt told bwfc.co.uk: “I am over the moon that we have been able to sign Eoin and fight off competition from other clubs.

“Eoin is a statement of intent by the club and is a player I know very well.

“He has many qualities both as a player and as a person, and we are looking forward to getting started.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 17:09

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Over the moon Jim , can't wait to see who else we bring in.

3OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 17:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Over the moon Jim , can't wait to see who else we bring in.

4OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 17:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3 year contract?

Haven't we been here before?

5OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 17:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:3 year contract?

Just long enough for him to plod on and then hang his boots up!

6OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 18:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:3 year contract?

Bolton scored 27 goals last season, Doyle scored 25. The way I see it, if that's what it takes to get a proven goalscorer who knows this league and can get us out of it at the first time of asking, then so be it.
::bwfcfan::

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

7OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 18:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The management certainly doing a good job so far. I almost feel optimistic  Very Happy

8OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 18:33

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So we have the "Ginger Pele" we are near securing "The Manchester Messi" this after three years of shit and still some moaners get a grip and enjoy the ride.

Good Owners
Young Hungry Manager
Stylish playmaker resigned
Leading goalscorer at this level signed.
Another 10 to come in

What more can we expect?

9OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 18:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:So we have the "Ginger Pele" we are near securing "The Manchester Messi" this after three years of shit and still some moaners get a grip and enjoy the ride.

Good Owners
Young Hungry Manager
Stylish playmaker resigned
Leading goalscorer at this level signed.
Another 10 to come in

What more can we expect?
Have to say Wessy, I'm more excited than I thought I'd be. Bring it on.

10OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 19:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look to be getting the right people for next season

11OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 19:58

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I never thought I'd be saying this after relegation to the 4th division but I'm actually excited for the new season and optimistic for the future. Even after lockdown, when lots of clubs are fearing going to the wall, we now have owners that are able to plan accordingly. We've been able to bring in a young, hungry manager, for compensation no less, who likes his team to play the right way and respects the fact that this is also meant to be entertainment for the fans who are paying their hard earned cash. God knows, we deserve it after year on year of utter dross.

12OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 21:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Goldfish.

13OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Fri Jul 10 2020, 22:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Doyle v Beckford punch up - they were both playing on the same side at the time! (December 2016)

Preston North End manager Simon Grayson described Eoin Doyle and Jermaine Beckford as an "absolute embarrassment" after they were sent off for fighting.

The two strikers squared up near the end of Preston's 2-1 loss at Sheffield Wednesday as they chased an equaliser.

Both players are likely to receive three-match bans for violent conduct.

How did it start?
With Wednesday temporarily down to nine men following Fernando Forestieri's sending off and Will Buckley off the field receiving treatment to a shoulder injury with all the substitutes used, North End had been in with a chance of levelling the game after Doyle had pulled a goal back.

But Beckford took exception to Doyle's decision to pass to Marnick Vermijl, who shot over the bar in the 90th minute.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seems he can stick up for himself!

14OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Sat Jul 11 2020, 00:30

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Natasha Whittam wrote:Goldfish.
No. Something feels very different. A new Bruce Rioch type era is upon us. You'll see. Boggers will agree, I'm sure of it.

15OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Sat Jul 11 2020, 10:10

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yep a real positivity for the first time in many years, It's a no brainer more of the same or what's beeing assembled before us, could it go tits up possibly, could it be much worse doubt it, I would say for the last two years we have paid money in the full knowledge that we couldn't win a game and would get relegated, so this is utopia lol.

Feel sorry for the poor bugger trying to work out a fair season ticket, i have a paper Doncaster ticket, last year season ticket owed games, we have dropped a division, middle of a pandemic, but the fans are gagging for them to go on sale.

Personaly and because i am at a time of life that i can afford it, IF they put an option to wave the owed games i am prepared to pay the going rate and give up any monies owed. Think FV deserve a break.  Now if i still had my kids at home, morgage etc different story.

16OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Sat Jul 11 2020, 10:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:
Bolton scored 27 goals last season, Doyle scored 25. The way I see it, if that's what it takes to get a proven goalscorer who knows this league and can get us out of it at the first time of asking, then so be it.
::bwfcfan::
:agree:

17OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Sat Jul 11 2020, 10:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:I never thought I'd be saying this after relegation to the 4th division but I'm actually excited for the new season and optimistic for the future. Even after lockdown, when lots of clubs are fearing going to the wall, we now have owners that are able to plan accordingly. We've been able to bring in a young, hungry manager, for compensation no less, who likes his team to play the right way and respects the fact that this is also meant to be entertainment for the fans who are paying their hard earned cash. God knows, we deserve it after year on year of utter dross.
 58 is back! Glad to see you on here again mate  Very Happy

18OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Sat Jul 11 2020, 10:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
No. Something feels very different. A new Bruce Rioch type era is upon us. You'll see. Boggers will agree, I'm sure of it.

What you getting at?

19OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Sat Jul 11 2020, 19:48

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Norpig wrote:
 58 is back! Glad to see you on here again mate  Very Happy
Cheers mate 👍

20OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Eoin Doyle Signed Sat Jul 11 2020, 19:51

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Boggersbelief wrote:

What you getting at?
Just saying you like to see the positives that's all. You feeling ok Boggers? Bit touchy like...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum