Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eoin Doyle has left the building

+7
Whitesince63
terenceanne
Keegan
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eoin Doyle has left the building  Empty Eoin Doyle has left the building Fri Jan 07 2022, 18:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's a mistake to let our most likely goalscorer go when our new recruits haven't proved themselves yet.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did we get a fee for him?

If not this is another disastrous "sale", much like the Sarcevic release.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’re probably seeing it as a wage saved to bring in more frees

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Fri Jan 07 2022, 19:48; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We’re probably seeing it as a wage saved to being in more frees

If that's true it's madness. I'm sure there are plenty of League 2 clubs that would have paid a small fee.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We’re probably seeing it as a wage saved to bring in more frees

I'm not sure of the logic of that considering we've just bought Charles for £300k and presumably what wages we would have been paid to Doyle will now be paid to Charles instead.

I reason that if we've paid £300k for him we won't be paying him peanuts in wages would we?

I'm not saying Doyle and Charles would be on the same money (I don't know) but I suspect it's pretty similar if not even more for Charles - other clubs must have been been offering him good wages to go to them for instance.

We do however have Sarcevic salary that will be helping to fund the wages of the three 'potential for the future' players that Evatt has talked about.

Looks as though we will be a bit light up front now if Charles gets a ban as expected?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Fine... let me get my boots out - my club needs me.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We should have kept him until the end of season - unless he wanted away right now.

This season is starting to pan out like some of our others .... Doyle & Sarc both gone and Politic out on loan all while we can barely field a team.
Even if you did not like Doyle, I can't see an argument as to how this makes us a stronger outfit.  Looks like we are lighter than ever at the moment.

Surprised to see him let go, but would be even more surprised if there isn’t a plan in place given what we’ve seen in dealings over the last couple of years - I’d guess a loan from championship or premier league.

10Eoin Doyle has left the building  Empty Re: Eoin Doyle has left the building Sat Jan 08 2022, 10:29

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Like you Troy, I’d be surprised if there isn’t a replacement over the weekend. As for Charles and a potential ban. Why, he was 15 and we’re all a bit daft at that age? He’s apologised and has probably completely changed his views by now, working alongside so many different ethnicity players. A ban would be ridiculous when just the publicity alone has probably caused him enough retribution.

11Eoin Doyle has left the building  Empty Re: Eoin Doyle has left the building Sat Jan 08 2022, 11:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Like you Troy, I’d be surprised if there isn’t a replacement over the weekend. As for Charles and a potential ban. Why, he was 15 and we’re all a bit daft at that age? He’s apologised and has probably completely changed his views by now, working alongside so many different ethnicity players. A ban would be ridiculous when just the publicity alone has probably caused him enough retribution.

The thing is though that there seems to have been a couple of similar cases in the past and the EFL gave then a 4 game ban.

They might think differently this time, I don't know, but if they have set themselves a precedence then I'm anticipating a ban for Charles.

And fwiw I believe Charles was the replacement for Doyle not an addition to the squad to play along side him.

12Eoin Doyle has left the building  Empty Re: Eoin Doyle has left the building Sat Jan 08 2022, 12:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It does leave us short as the moment, i would have kept him till the end of the season even as a back up or someone to come off the bench.

That leaves us with Charles and Bakayoko who can play the striker role but Bakayoko seems injury prone already.

13Eoin Doyle has left the building  Empty Re: Eoin Doyle has left the building Sat Jan 08 2022, 13:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Despite playing in a system that didn't make full use of his undoubted talents, Doyler still scored 27 goals in 72 games for us which is a better goals per game return than SKD and Jay Jay combined so Charles has some boots to fill.

14Eoin Doyle has left the building  Empty Re: Eoin Doyle has left the building Sat Jan 08 2022, 14:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only Bolton Wanderers would release their captain/best midfielder and leading scorer for nothing.

It's absolute madness.

Get Ken back in, he got £6m for Madine. Genius.

15Eoin Doyle has left the building  Empty Re: Eoin Doyle has left the building Sat Jan 08 2022, 15:27

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's a crazy decision to let Doyle go at this point in the season.

We are slowly slidding into a relegation battle that we  could well lose.

16Eoin Doyle has left the building  Empty Re: Eoin Doyle has left the building Sat Jan 08 2022, 19:25

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It does seem a step backwards if your trying to strengthen that position, i agree that Charles is  a replacement for Doyle so it figures that wth Doyle leaving IE must bring in another striker.

He may have a better return than JJ and SKD but not at the level they played at so nonsense to compare, he seemed lacking in this division, so IF we now replace Doyle i would be happy with that.

17Eoin Doyle has left the building  Empty Re: Eoin Doyle has left the building Sat Jan 08 2022, 19:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lincoln won today, now we're only 3 points from the drop zone.

Evans out.

18Eoin Doyle has left the building  Empty Re: Eoin Doyle has left the building Sat Jan 08 2022, 23:20

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Lincoln won today, now we're only 3 points from the drop zone.

Evans out.
True, but with a game in hand. Having said that, Wycombe held Sunderland today and look a really tidy side so we’ll do well to get anything from them on Tuesday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum