Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Cycling's back!

Cycling's back!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Cycling's back! Empty Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 01:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Well it's been back a week or so but as I'm the only one who is in to cycling I thought I wouldn't bore you with it until something spectacular happened and shockingly it did today with a horrific crash, one rider being badly injured and currently in a coma, I wish him well obviously.

If you want to watch what happened then see the video below.

If you do keep your eyes on the left of the screen just as they are getting to the finish line.

When it shows it again from above look at where the lead cyclist (who caused the crash) starts off - in the middle of the road - and look where he ends up - up against the railings.

He clearly tried to close the door on the bloke in second and over did it - look at his shoulder and elbow!

The bloke was disqualified obviously and the man who crashed also took out an official stood behind the barriers as well.

The latest report is that cyclist has suffered a brain injury and has been put in an induced coma, and the official suffered spinal injuries, so unfortunately very serious stuff.



https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53671028

2Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 08:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ouch! He should be charged with assault after that! Completely deliberate attempt to run him off the road.

3Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 12:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Never went away - I've been cycling 3 times a week since we were allowed to exercise. Love it when the weather's nice.

4Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 12:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:Never went away - I've been cycling 3 times a week since we were allowed to exercise. Love it when the weather's nice.

..dunno..

Did you post purely based on the thread banner head line, without reading the opening post???

We are talking about the return of professional cycling following from the sport being in lockdown across the world due to the pandemic.

5Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 14:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@Sluffy wrote:

..dunno..

Did you post purely based on the thread banner head line, without reading the opening post???

We are talking about the return of professional cycling following from the sport being in lockdown across the world due to the pandemic.
Give over Sluffy. He knows what its about, but it reminded him of his own attempts, thats all.

6Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 14:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:Never went away - I've been cycling 3 times a week since we were allowed to exercise. Love it when the weather's nice.
About time you wankers were taxed and insured.  Smile

7Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@gloswhite wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

..dunno..

Did you post purely based on the thread banner headline, without reading the opening post???

We are talking about the return of professional cycling following from the sport being in lockdown across the world due to the pandemic.
Give over Sluffy. He knows what its about, but it reminded him of his own attempts, thats all.

You're a really good bloke Glos so I won't say anything to upset you but I do believe you view Wanderlust as someone he really isn't.

I think you have your wires crossed about me too for what its worth but you have every right to call it as you see it.

His post was more to do with having a little point scoring pop at me than anything else and my reply was more to do about 'I know what your game is' back to him.

Not that any of it matters a jot, the real story is about the poor bloke who went over the barriers who has now had facial surgery and of which the race doctor said this about him yesterday -

"His condition is very severe. There is a danger to his life," said race doctor Barbara Jerschina on Wednesday.

"Unfortunately, it is quite a serious injury to the head and brain. He has lost a lot of blood. He is very strong. I hope he will survive."

Fortunately latest reports don't seem to believe it is as bad as that but certainly not a thread to be playing silly point scoring games on wouldn't you say?

Least I would.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53671028



8Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Just been reading up of what is being said in the cycling world and everybody condemns what happened, the crashed riders team managers says the crash resulted in his injury's included every bone in his face being broken, although he did say no vital organs had been damaged.

He's also threatening to report the incident to the police as done on purpose to harm someone.

The picture below clearly shows the one causing the crash leaning out of his saddle to 'squeeze' the other rider into the barriers.

Cycling's back! GettyImages-1264124374

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/patrick-lefevere-confirms-deceuninck-quick-step-will-report-dylan-groenewegen-to-polish-police-461768

9Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just fitted new front brake pads to my grandad's old Claud Butler so hopefully I'll remember and try not to fly over the handlebars when me and the missus cycle over to the Banningham Crown tonight Smile

10Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Surprised Groenewegen didn't get a kicking for that move. Behaviour like that shouldn't be tolerated and wouldn't have been in the past. A lengthy ban at least?

11Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 16:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:Surprised Groenewegen didn't get a kicking for that move. Behaviour like that shouldn't be tolerated and wouldn't have been in the past. A lengthy ban at least?

You clear haven't followed cycling then - it's always been common practice!

Clearly it went badly wrong here and in a broadly similar event at the TdF a couple of years back Sagan was chucked out for doing this to Cavendish.



12Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 16:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Also and possibly my favourite is this one from 10 years ago.

Look out for a rider called Renshaw and watch what he does!

Also after he's done that, watch what he does next from the overhead view!

Not the best video quality wise but it clearly shows what goes on in bunch sprints!

13Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 17:28

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@karlypants wrote:
About time you wankers were taxed and insured.  Smile
I totally agree..

Stop cycling on the pavement especially at traffic lights.

Learn some road sense and manners on the road, you are not in a fucking peloton.

Stop wearing silly clothes, you look an absolute tit.

In fact just stay at home.


This is a general statement to cyclists  and not aimed at old chaps like Lusty who is a  I'm sure a model cyclist.

14Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Thu Aug 06 2020, 23:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:
I totally agree..

Stop cycling on the pavement especially at traffic lights.

Learn some road sense and manners on the road, you are not in a fucking peloton.

Stop wearing silly clothes, you look an absolute tit.

In fact just stay at home.


This is a general statement to cyclists  and not aimed at old chaps like Lusty who is a  I'm sure a model cyclist.
I am indeed and I don't have "all the gear and no idea" like some folk I know. For example I don't use a Garmin to time rides, average speed etc but tonight my missus informed me that it took us 5 minutes longer to cycle back from the pub than cycling to the pub.
I really don't need to analyse it too much to work out why.

15Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 00:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't know why but thought of you like this...

Cycling's back! Gtv-archive-shutterstock-editorial-788720ge

Very Happy

16Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 09:04

T.R.O.Y.


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Before Covid i cycled to the office every day, 6 miles each way. From where I'm based into London Bridge that's the fastest way of getting there, also saves me a fortune, doesn't pollute and keeps me healthy.

Why you'd want to discourage that by introducing tax and insurance is beyond me, thankfully i think the county's going in the opposite direction. Credit to the government for that, the push to get more people cycling is overdue but great to see they're on it.

17Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 10:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:I don't know why but thought of you like this...

Cycling's back! Gtv-archive-shutterstock-editorial-788720ge

Very Happy
This is a serious thread about serious cycling. Be serious.

FWIW I imagined you like this...
Cycling's back! Bike

18Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 11:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@Sluffy wrote:

You're a really good bloke Glos so I won't say anything to upset you but I do believe you view Wanderlust as someone he really isn't.

I think you have your wires crossed about me too for what its worth but you have every right to call it as you see it.

His post was more to do with having a little point scoring pop at me than anything else and my reply was more to do about 'I know what your game is' back to him.

Not that any of it matters a jot, the real story is about the poor bloke who went over the barriers who has now had facial surgery and of which the race doctor said this about him yesterday -

"His condition is very severe. There is a danger to his life," said race doctor Barbara Jerschina on Wednesday.

"Unfortunately, it is quite a serious injury to the head and brain. He has lost a lot of blood. He is very strong. I hope he will survive."

Fortunately latest reports don't seem to believe it is as bad as that but certainly not a thread to be playing silly point scoring games on wouldn't you say?

Least I would.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53671028



OK, I'll step back from commenting on the war of attrition between the two of you. I would only ask that you both remember that this forum isn't only for you two, but is read by people who are sick and tired of hearing all this sniping, its not why were here.

19Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 12:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:
OK, I'll step back from commenting on the war of attrition between the two of you. I would only ask that you both remember that this forum isn't only for you two, but is read by people who are sick and tired of hearing all this sniping, its not why were here.
:clap:

20Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 12:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:
OK, I'll step back from commenting on the war of attrition between the two of you. I would only ask that you both remember that this forum isn't only for you two, but is read by people who are sick and tired of hearing all this sniping, its not why were here.
:clap:

21Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 14:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:
@gloswhite wrote:
OK, I'll step back from commenting on the war of attrition between the two of you. I would only ask that you both remember that this forum isn't only for you two, but is read by people who are sick and tired of hearing all this sniping, its not why were here.
:clap:

A fine example of what the problem actually is Glos, you are aiming this at both of us but Wanderlust is either taking the piss with his reply above or believes he's NOT any part of the problem himself!

Either way he will just carry on as he always does.

Just you see.

22Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 15:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

A fine example of what the problem actually is Glos, you are aiming this at both of us but Wanderlust is either taking the piss with his reply above or believes he's NOT any part of the problem himself!

Either way he will just carry on as he always does.

Just you see.
So I agree with Glos's sentiment on the basis that you have a go at everything I write and would like to see an end to it - and you come back sniping as per. When do I have a go at you other than the occasional response to a personal attack or one of your amateur psychiatrist diatribes that you initiate? Can you dig out an example from years ago and write a thesis on it? Or can you just back off and give us all a break?

23Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 15:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Sluffy wrote:Either way he will just carry on as he always does.

Just you see.

Didn't take long did it!!!

24Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 16:26

T.R.O.Y.


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Well done guys, proved everyone wrong on that whole constant sniping at each other thing.

25Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 16:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse




 Cycling's back! Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wpwtwpbhbdcszkvbl4dnq226mokiukaqgjuy3bq7&rid=giphy

26Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 16:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Cycling's back! FamiliarBlindCat-size_restricted

27Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 17:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Well done guys, proved everyone wrong on that whole constant sniping at each other thing.

I see it more as cause and effect.

I don't mind what anyone says on the internet/social media, it is after all open to anyone who connects to it whether they are the most sanist in the world or the most insaneist!

I don't even communicate anywhere else on the internet other than on Nuts apart from with my family/friends directly or with work.

I mean what's the point really, you could be talking/disagreeing with anyone really.

In real life when we talk to people they simply would not say or react as many of them choose to do on the internet - and if they did, you'd soon move away and have nothing further to do with them.

So why do I post on Nuts then?

For me I set up with others a little area to chat and have fun in regard to a mutual interest - BWFC.  We set it up simply because we didn't like how similar BWFC forums were run.

We opened our doors to everyone and had few rules other than keep things on the right side of the law and expected people to self moderate as we all are grown ups on here.

Things went well until we hit the hatred by two people in particular over Brexit and Anderson.

It turned the site toxic.

One of the two left the site and became multi banned on twitter for posting how he had on here, he's on about his twelfth new Twitter account by now (all the rest being should down by the Twitter site for unacceptable behaviour) and no doubt he'll be heading for a thirteenth soon!

The other being Wanderlust who rages still about Brexit (although he voted for it - work that one out?) and who dug a hole so deep about how he told us what a crook Anderson was, that he is unable to climb out of it without losing face - which he clearly won't do.

My posting and behaviour as site owner, if you will, were to prevent things going too far and to counter the more absurd posts with reasoned and factual information where possible countering such shite.

This inevitably led to abuse of me and behaviour patterns that are still apparent even to the post of his above.

As they say it takes two to Tango.

His initial post on this thread was done deliberately and knowingly - so that set off the 'cause' and my reply to be the 'effect'.

Once you get to see that then you can begin to read him like I can - his actions betray his intent.

He doesn't think he's part of the problem at all, he's in fact the cause of it.

He won't change though - just as I predicted and was proved right within minutes above!!!

The owners of all the other forums would have banned him long ago if he posted to them like he does to me - re-read his last post on this thread for instance - but I let him (and Bread) post his shit until it went too far and - after multitudes of warnings - banned them.

And to remind people it was Wanderlust who asked to be unbanned and return here and not the other way around!

If this was real life I'd keep clear of his company so that our paths did not cross but I can't do that on Nuts.

If he wants to play nice like everyone else then fine, if he wants to post shite, I'll correct him, if he wants to deliberately challenge me - and we know he does - he'll be answered.

That's the way it is with some people and he's one of them - he thinks he knows absolutely everything, he's never wrong and when proven to be so he certainly won't admit it.

The balls in his court, let's see what he does with it.

28Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 17:54

T.R.O.Y.


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@Sluffy wrote:His initial post on this thread was done deliberately and knowingly - so that set off the 'cause' and my reply to be the 'effect'.

Once you get to see that then you can begin to read him like I can - his actions betray his intent.

He doesn't think he's part of the problem at all, he's in fact the cause of it.

I think you're reading too much into it. This was his initial post on the thread:

@Wanderlust wrote:Never went away - I've been cycling 3 times a week since we were allowed to exercise. Love it when the weather's nice.

I don't think this is anyway inflammatory, but if you really do - surely you can rise above it? It's not even directed at you.

29Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 18:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:His initial post on this thread was done deliberately and knowingly - so that set off the 'cause' and my reply to be the 'effect'.

Once you get to see that then you can begin to read him like I can - his actions betray his intent.

He doesn't think he's part of the problem at all, he's in fact the cause of it.

I think you're reading too much into it. This was his initial post on the thread:

@Wanderlust wrote:Never went away - I've been cycling 3 times a week since we were allowed to exercise. Love it when the weather's nice.

I don't think this is anyway inflammatory, but if you really do - surely you can rise above it? It's not even directed at you.

I've already answered this in my post to Glos above.

It was done as a deliberate little pop at me - and needlessly so if you read what the thread was at the time, where someone was believed to be in a life threatening condition.

As I say 'cause' and 'effect'.

He knew what he was doing alright and I may well have ignored it on most other threads (I certainly don't call him out every time) but I thought his pettiness was completely out of order on that thread in particular and showed how he can't self moderate himself in his eagerness to get in a dig at me, no matter what.

30Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! on Fri Aug 07 2020, 18:47

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I see it’s Groundhog Day again.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum