Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII

+15
Banks of the Croal
y2johnny
Cajunboy
Sluffy
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 50]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Trying to stay young by altering the birth year in her profile isn't a good look Very Happy
Can't wait for the day we all see her off for her first day at school. Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Trying to stay young by altering the birth year in her profile isn't a good look Very Happy
Can't wait for the day we all see her off for her first day at school. Very Happy

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 25 Phoenix_Nights_Series_2_Episode_6

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't know if anyone saw the photo of Irish trainer Gordon Elliott sat astride a dead horse, but he's looking at a one to two year ban, and rightly so.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Don't know if anyone saw the photo of Irish trainer Gordon Elliott sat astride a dead horse, but he's looking at a one to two year ban, and rightly so.
Just seen his excuse on the BBC sport website and it's a load of bollocks! Just looked up the picture and he's laughing  Mad

If i had a horse in his stables i'd be looking elsewhere pretty sharpish.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You fuckwits, I was born on 29th February in a Leap Year.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So does my mate, but he just has it the day before or after. Cake once every four years is not on.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dutch Decoy has been declared to run in the following race:

Tuesday 2 March
7.00 Newcastle - Handicap (Class 4) 7f

There are nine runners and Joe Fanning rides. Dutch Decoy has been drawn in stall 4. 

Mark Johnston says Dutch Decoy enjoyed a quiet week after running twice in quick succession last month, but has worked well since and is ready to run. Mark says this race looks to be another good option for Dutch Decoy, and he hopes he runs another solid race.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ah, that explains a lot, thank you!!!

Let me explain.

Bolton Wanderers Development Association (Chorley) Limited...

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01423297/filing-history

...is basically the company that runs 'Lifeline' scratch cards and all the other 'gambling' type things done to raise money for the club.

It's been going for a number of years but during the latter end of the Anderson era, it seems many people stopped playing in the unfounded belief that 'their' money would end up in Ken's pocket.

Add to that the uncertainty during the clubs Administration and the non attendance at games for over a year now and the net effect is that income collected as fallen and will substantially do so when they publish their accounts for the year up to 30th June, 2020.

In their last accounts up to June 2019, they show they donated £125k to BWFC, I would imagine for June 2020 that will be considerably reduced.

Clearly a deal has been struck with the ST who have about 3,000 members but only something like 700 even bother to pay their £10 per year subs any more, in that for any existing member 'rejoining' (so to speak), the club will get £2.50 a head - a potential 2,300 x £2.50 = £6,750 - which isn't a fortune but it comes with the potential that some/many of them, will rejoin 'lifeline' and other fund raising ventures for the club, that they once also contributed to.

So a win-win of sorts between the ST and the club, the more ST members return to contributing again, the more money is heading to the club from the 'diehard' core fans.

Hence the 'flattery' from Gartside Jnr to the ST.

Adversity makes strange bedfellows.

All making sense now.

The only fly in the ointment is that I just can't imagine many wanting to rejoin the ST though - why would they - they've hardly been relevant over the last few years have they?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've had a win on Goldline, but nothing on Lifeline yet. I know a few supporters, like myself, who have reinstated their subscription, but how many new members they'll get on the back of this is moot.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not reinstating my subscription just yet, they haven't done anything worthwhile enough for me to consider it.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BWDA annual income £880K
BWFCST annual income £7K 

The ST is trying to ride on the coattails of BWDA and Andy Gartside is falling for it. I'm not at all sure he's got his thinking head on but then his comments about the ST at its AGM were equally bizarre.

Still waiting to hear what Terence Rigby had to say and, of course, still waiting to see FV's accounts. Its looking like it might be quite a long wait in both cases.

I'm certainly not going to re-instate my £10 sub to the ST but I might have to reconsider my £104 p.a. to BWDA if they are going to be bedfellows with the other lot.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP Ian St John.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dutch Decoy runs in the seven o'clock at Newcastle tonight, so some of the Bonce millions will be invested.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's scary stuff, I'll be behind the sofa.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:It's scary stuff, I'll be behind the sofa.
I'll be riding out a finish on my chair. I use a rolled up newspaper as a whip, and go for it. Truly embarrassing, but I can't help it.
I've fined myself twice for excessive use of the whip this year, and imposed a two day ban on each occasion.
But at least I haven't posed astride a dead horse.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 25 3701139441

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I'll be riding out a finish on my chair. I use a rolled up newspaper as a whip, and go for it. Truly embarrassing, but I can't help it.
I've fined myself twice for excessive use of the whip this year, and imposed a two day ban on each occasion.
But at least I haven't posed astride a dead horse.
But you've backed a few by all accounts Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What became of the Bollin catalogue? The New Spring/Summer edition was always a highlight of my youth, although that was mainly because of the swimwear and corsetry section, which was always well thumbed and perused.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum