Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Wanted Us To Lose

+17
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Mr Magoo
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
JonnyRandom
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
CEF
inf
Banks of the Croal
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

At 1-1 Did You Want Wednesday To Win?

I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 18 ]
I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 45

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sat Sep 22 2012, 22:08

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have just viewed the results, it's closer than it should be.

And I haven't voted.

22I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sat Sep 22 2012, 22:14

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Correct Copper - it's disgraceful!!!

23I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 07:20

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Today's result has just papered over the cracks, the house is still falling down. How anyone can get so excited at beating a piss poor team beats me. Other results against teams we lost to is very indicative of how bad we are and we have not turned any corners we may win our next two games but nothings changed. We still have a useless manager and that's bad as can be,I don't want my team to lose but I can see where nats coming from,he needs to fuck off quick and a defeat today may have caused that and in my view that in the bigger picture would have been better for bwfc now more time and points are going to be lost and we are not going up this season that's nailed on for me. Coyle is useless and he will go but because gartside is also a clueless jerk who has never appointed a good manager ,yes that's right never, I think you will find it was someone else appointed big Sam ,he won't do it if coyle wins the odd match every few weeks. Get used to this division because coyle won't get out of it unless its the other way. So in no way am I excited about yesterday's win.

24I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 11:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:If you were at the game Natasha you wouldn't have started this thread, we fully deserved a win and were the best team by a mile.

If you had a brain Aaron you wouldn't have posted that message.

It wouldn't have mattered if we'd won 25-0, the obvious point I'm making is that this victory gives Coyle at least another month in charge. You yourself have been having a pop at Coyle for weeks now, but after one victory against (all but) a League 1 team you seem to think things have changed.

They haven't. We're still shite.

25I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 11:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm still unsure on Coyle don't get me wrong but yesterday showed signs of improvment, albeit against a poor side, but the signs were there none the less.

If we fall to pieces again against Palace and Leeds then I will be pissed off but i'm hoping this first away win can make us push on from here. It maybe false hope but I have decided to give OC one more chance.

26I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 12:00

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You can't really argue with Angry Dad's assessment of the situation.

Having recovered from the euphoria of seeing an away win and a rare glimpse of quality in the Mark Davies goal, I have to say I'm back down to earth and facing the reality of Coyle's continued presence.

It's a dilemma- it goes without saying that you want the team to play well and do well but the bigger picture tells you that with Coyle it's always going to be one step forward and two steps back. And that's a fairly depressing prospect - lower league obscurity after a decade of rubbing shoulders with the elite.

To be honest, I find it hard to even look at the guy now. For me he would have been gone before last Christmas and certainly after getting us relegated. Deep down I don't think the club will make any real progress again while the present manager and smug complacent chairman are still there.

27I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 12:02

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

said this before but I'll never want my team to lose. Didnt want them to lose when muggers was at the helm and i dont want them to lose now.

28I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 12:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:

Having recovered from the euphoria of seeing an away win and a rare glimpse of quality in the Mark Davies goal, I have to say I'm back down to earth and facing the reality of Coyle's continued presence.

It's a dilemma- it goes without saying that you want the team to play well and do well but the bigger picture tells you that with Coyle it's always going to be one step forward and two steps back. And that's a fairly depressing prospect - lower league obscurity after a decade of rubbing shoulders with the elite.

To be honest, I find it hard to even look at the guy now. For me he would have been gone before last Christmas and certainly after getting us relegated. Deep down I don't think the club will make any real progress again while the present manager and smug complacent chairman are still there.

Best post I've read in ages. Please can you write it out in your bestest handwriting and post it to Eddie Davies. Thanks.

29I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 12:17

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My handwriting is shit, I'll get one of the care assistants to do it for me.

30I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 12:22

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The OP was a poll about wanting us to lose yesterday, NOT about whether we think Coyle is a good manager or whether he should have gone last xmas, etc.

40% (TEN people) have voted for us to lose. This is not what being a fan is about for me. Irrespective of my feelings towards the incumbent manager, I could NEVER want BWFC to lose. It goes against every base instinct!!!!!

31I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 12:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:

40% (TEN people) have voted for us to lose. This is not what being a fan is about for me. Irrespective of my feelings towards the incumbent manager, I could NEVER want BWFC to lose. It goes against every base instinct!!!!!

I get that, but we're not going to get rid of Coyle by winning. I'm sure you'll accept that we've a better chance of promotion with another man in charge.

32I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 12:52

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:
CEF wrote:

I get that, but we're not going to get rid of Coyle by winning. I'm sure you'll accept that we've a better chance of promotion with another man in charge.

No, we won't get rid of Coyle by winning. But we will get promotion by winning. Kind of an oxymoron wrapped up in a paradoxical contradiction!!

A new manager is always guaranteed an upturn in fortunes. For every example where a new manager has been a benfit, there is an example where is hasn't.

Coyle's got another 10 games for me.

33I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 13:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:[
Coyle's got another 10 games for me.

Ok, and how will you judge him at the end of those 10 games - on performance or results?

34I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 13:01

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Results first. Performances are the icing.

35I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 13:06

I admit it, I wanted Bolton to lose.

36I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 13:13

We will win our next 4 games, then we have our most difficult run of games starting with Wolves away.

37I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 13:16

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

CEF wrote:The OP was a poll about wanting us to lose yesterday, NOT about whether we think Coyle is a good manager or whether he should have gone last xmas, etc.

100% agree

38I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 13:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely being a fan is wanting the best for your team in the long term?

39I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 13:26

Whose to say that losing yesterday would be best for the team in the long term though?

40I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:Whose to say that losing yesterday would be best for the team in the long term though?

You and every other fan on here who thinks Coyle is clueless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum