Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Wanted Us To Lose

+17
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Mr Magoo
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
JonnyRandom
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
CEF
inf
Banks of the Croal
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

At 1-1 Did You Want Wednesday To Win?

I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Vote_lcap40%I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Vote_rcap 40% [ 18 ]
I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Vote_lcap60%I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Vote_rcap 60% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 45

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 15:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NEVER... it just doesn't sit well, cutting off your nose to spite your face.

42I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 17:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:I admit it, I wanted Bolton to lose.

But it was nice to see 'Boro beat the Chicken Killers on Friday evening. Just what the division was calling for...

43I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sun Sep 23 2012, 19:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Numpty 28723 wrote:You can't really argue with Angry Dad's assessment of the situation.

Having recovered from the euphoria of seeing an away win and a rare glimpse of quality in the Mark Davies goal, I have to say I'm back down to earth and facing the reality of Coyle's continued presence.

It's a dilemma- it goes without saying that you want the team to play well and do well but the bigger picture tells you that with Coyle it's always going to be one step forward and two steps back. And that's a fairly depressing prospect - lower league obscurity after a decade of rubbing shoulders with the elite.

To be honest, I find it hard to even look at the guy now. For me he would have been gone before last Christmas and certainly after getting us relegated. Deep down I don't think the club will make any real progress again while the present manager and smug complacent chairman are still there.

My favourite bit of this post is "one step forward and two steps back." Sums up what's been going on for the last 18 months perfectly.

44I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:21

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

According to a report today venky,s are thinking of sacking kean because he is 2 pts short of where they expected. That club is run by fucking loonies.

45I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:25

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Please tell me this poll result is some kind of wind up!?

Obviously you can deduct two (Natasha and Bolton Hater) as they aren't Bolton fans.

But the other 15!!!???

46I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Please tell me this poll result is some kind of wind up!?

Obviously you can deduct two (Natasha and Bolton Hater) as they aren't Bolton fans.

But the other 15!!!???

What's more annoying is the fact 15 people were too scared to admit it.

47I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:37

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The moderators should name and shame!

48I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Please tell me this poll result is some kind of wind up!?

But the other 15!!!???

17 posters wanted us to lose. What a sad indictment for our team.

49I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:The moderators should name and shame!

Good idea!

50I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:43

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
CEF wrote:The moderators should name and shame!

Good idea!

Come on Mod's name & shame them, you pussy's.

51I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 10:46

Sorry, votes are private - I couldn't look even if I wanted to as there is no option.

52I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 11:26

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Fair enough Passi. Thanks for the response anyway!

I still find it amazing that so many wanted us to lose. Gartside and the Board don't look at things quite the same as the fans do. There is nothing to suggest that OC would have been sacked over the weekend if we had lost. What would have happened though, is that we would have been in the bottom 5. How can that have been a good thing??

As I said above, wanting Bolton to lose is just wrong on every level.

53I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 11:52

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Like I said, it's a dilemma. I never actually said that I wanted us to lose but at the end of the day you either have faith that the manager, whoever it may be, is going to improve things or you don't.

Some people still believe that Coyle, given the right amount of time, will eventually turn things around and that's up to them. Miracles sometimes happen.

My own belief is that during the period of time between getting walloped by Stoke and the end of the year, Coyle proved conclusively that he wasn't capable of lifting the team again beyond the odd match. (Who didn't think that the 5-0 'revenge' at home to Stoke was going to be the new dawn? Unfortunately we went on to lose the next 5 games).

Something like played 25, won 6, and drew 1. Did we really gain anything by sticking with him after that?

I'm still annoyed that we were allowed to get dumped into the Championship and not overly ecstatic with the thought that we could be floundering here for a good while yet. The mentality is, 'we're little old Bolton, we've had our few years in the spotlight, which we should be grateful for, and now we're back where we rightly belong so get used to it'.

If you can't hope that the overall picture will get better it takes some of the fun away.

54I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 13:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If we were talking about turning up to a match with the intention of vocally supporting the opposing team, I could understand people thinking it to be bad form.
You can't change how you feel. If you're of the opinion that the club can't progress long-term under a manager, you believe that change is the only way forward and so you find yourself wanting the other team to win, what can you do about it? Ideally, we wouldn't have to lose for the chairman to see sense in firing someone who so clearly doesn't know what he's doing, but that's football. I've previously wanted Bolton to lose for these reasons - if that makes me a bad football fan, so be it.

55I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 13:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For the record I don't go to games wanting to lose, that's completely different. But as I'm boycotting away games this season I'm quite happy to lose a few games if it means a change at the top.

56I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 13:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:

Some people still believe that Coyle, given the right amount of time, will eventually turn things around and that's up to them. Miracles sometimes happen.

I think I might be one of those 'chipper' kind of fans. Our performances against Birmingham and Wednesday have given me a bit more optimism.

57I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 14:07

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Numpty 28723 wrote:

I think I might be one of those 'chipper' kind of fans. Our performances against Birmingham and Wednesday have given me a bit more optimism.

Well, Brother RT, your positive attitude has shamed and inspired me. Stranger things have happened I suppose.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

58I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 14:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I get hacked off with some of Coyles bizarre team selections the same as the rest of us. Continually picking Kevin Davies for EVERY single game and playing him the full 90 minutes when it's bloody obvious that the old warhorses legs could do with a rest.

The omission of Sordell who has tweeted that he is not injured but can't even make the bench. ( Rumour on Saturday ( unconfirmed ) that he has been acting like a wannabe gangsta hence him not being in the squad).

Persisting with Mears at full back when Ricketts or Riley would probably do a better job.

These are things that are baffling to the fans who watch Wanderers every week. But to want us to lose is just not on. If we beat Palace, Leeds and Millwall then we will be in the top six so I don't think the future is as bleak as some posters make out.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Tue Sep 25 2012, 05:54; edited 1 time in total

59I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 14:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote: Rumour on Saturday ( unconfirmed ) that Sordell has been acting like a wannabe gangsta hence him not being in the squad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

60I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 3 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24 2012, 15:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum