Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Wanted Us To Lose

+17
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Mr Magoo
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
JonnyRandom
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
CEF
inf
Banks of the Croal
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

At 1-1 Did You Want Wednesday To Win?

I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Vote_rcap 40% [ 18 ]
I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Vote_lcap60%I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Vote_rcap 60% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 45

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

as far as im concerned, regardless of my feelings about the current regime at my club...

Il always buy my season ticket and I will NEVER wish they lose, I just cannot bring myself to do it.

even when the ginger C### was in charge, I still didn't wish losing on us...

62I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:18 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unless you happen to be a stand out team in this division, it's likely that you could win or lose against anyone as all the teams are more or less on the same level, so I don't buy this Barnsley beating Brum thing. Our issue is that we are not good enough to rise above the mediocrity of the Championship. The Times cites 4 clubs who statistically are good enough for the prem (not us BTW, but does include Rovers and Brum) but that's irrelevant too IMO. The only thing that matters is whether our players can play to the best of their ability both individually and collectively and I don't think they do although there have been some slight improvements recently. If the team continue to improve under OC I'm happy with that, even though I don't agree with his selections etc.

63I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I understand the sentiment of never wanting your team to lose. I also understand the sentiment of wanting the team to lose if it means a new manager who will get the team playing as they can and ought to - which should bring wins on a regular basis. It is long term vs short term, I think. If losing the next game means getting a new manager who will bring better results and performances going forward, then I will accept that. I suspect that was the feeling behind the original post. I haven't voted, by the way - but if the votes in favour of losing were based on the above reasoning, my vote can be added to the number.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

64I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:01 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:For the record I don't go to games wanting to lose, that's completely different. But as I'm boycotting away games this season I'm quite happy to lose a few games if it means a change at the top.
Conversely I would like Bolton to win the next ten in a row. We all know OC lacks wisdom, leadership and inspiration, but I would like to see us back up next season with some new players and a new coach. Good results won't change the way we feel about OC. He has had us dragging for 20 months and a nice run would not change the way we feel. As far as Gartside, who knows? If ED really cared, he would invest in a change at the top. We can only guess at what ED thinks. No one will buy the club with the accumulated debt and dodgy books which seem to show large interest payments. No one knows for sure... but as fans we can only hope for better results. We should be kicking butt in this division... but our management chose not to fix the leaky defense. They also chose not to find a striker who can finish when the ball is in the box. Sordell sits, Coyle twits and the fans have fits.

As others have pointed out, after the first 6 in the EPL, everyone is in a leaky boat with economics with no hope for advancing. Bolton could easily have switched spots with QPR this season (OC lost it for me when he blew the West Brom game.... 2 up with 15 minutes to play and the Stoke game... 1 up with 15 minutes to play). Had we switched places and played QPR's opponents, we would be sitting bottom three with a single point. QPR managed to get one against Chelsea and one at Norwich. The bottom six or seven (save Liverpool) are all equal to us in some way, shape or form... but with some better management, I think we could be up there again. When others said we needed a clear-out of wages, I would have hoped for a management shake-up as well. As of now, it's all up to ED. We have some good players and I hope we can finish top two. I also hope for that change at the top.

65I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 am

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The only mental attitude to adopt here that allows you to keep your sanity is to want us to win EVERY match and every night "pray like Aretha Franklin" that Stuart Holden appears over the horizon bursting with health and fitness to save Coyle's bacon.

66I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:51 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote: Sordell sits, Coyle twits and the fans have fits.

I like that. Laughing

67I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:16 pm

jonnycooper

David Ngog
David Ngog

anyone who says they wanted weds to win(regardless of whether it meant coyle might have been gone)should hang their heads in shame..If you love the club then results are what matter,we all have an ideal world for BWFC,,but come on this thread is an insult.........................

68I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely right Jonny. Nat disgusts me.

69I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jonnycooper wrote:anyone who says they wanted weds to win(regardless of whether it meant coyle might have been gone)should hang their heads in shame..If you love the club then results are what matter,we all have an ideal world for BWFC,,but come on this thread is an insult.........................

Let me ask you a question then.

Would you rather have sex with Susan Boyle tonight, or wait 24 hours and have sex with Kelly Brook every night for the rest of your life?

70I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Christ when you put it like that who will be our next manager be Jose Mourinho?

71I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

jonnycooper wrote:but come on this thread is an insult.........................

What it is is a waste of time. There can be undeniable logic in wanting your own team to lose, which some will always turn a blind eye to in favour of what they believe to be loyalty, so it's like debating with a brick wall. It wouldn't be bad if those who think it's ethically wrong could offer a better explanation than "it's just out of line" etc.
As Keegan explained, there's fair reasoning behind both sentiments. Why it's such a sensitive subject is beyond me.

72I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:anyone who says they wanted weds to win(regardless of whether it meant coyle might have been gone)should hang their heads in shame..If you love the club then results are what matter,we all have an ideal world for BWFC,,but come on this thread is an insult.........................

Would you rather have sex with Susan Boyle tonight, or wait 24 hours and have sex with Kelly Brook every night for the rest of your life?
Why Kelly brook? You can do better than her.

73I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Why Kelly brook? You can do better than her.

74I Wanted Us To Lose - Page 4 Empty Re: I Wanted Us To Lose Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:16 pm

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

JonnyRandom wrote:said this before but I'll never want my team to lose. Didnt want them to lose when muggers was at the helm and i dont want them to lose now.

Can I change my mind now? sick to death of losing or winning but winning shit

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum