Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » British Broadcorping Castration

British Broadcorping Castration

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

301British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@sluffy wrote:Please keep issues with other forums off Nuts

302British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 11:57

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
There is an article in the Guradian today that I enjoyed and also found an affinity with. It is about a program that was ironically on channel 5 recently, which I didnt watch. The new ` all creatures great and small`. I am not interested in the animals/ vets thing. What I am interested in is what was termed as `comfort viewing`. Comfort viewing neednt be explained. I enjoy stress-free escapism programs. The BBC has a few of them. I dont want to watch violence or abuse or thuggery or what have you. I do not find those things entertaining.
Wainrights walks and such other type programs are wonderful stress-free escapism. I love programs on the Lake District.
I would like to say that `comfort-viewing` has a big future.

303British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 12:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@sunlight wrote:There is an article in the Guradian today that I enjoyed and also found an affinity with. It is about a program that was ironically on channel 5 recently, which I didnt watch. The new ` all creatures great and small`. I am not interested in the animals/ vets thing. What I am interested in is what was termed as `comfort viewing`. Comfort viewing neednt be explained. I enjoy stress-free escapism programs. The BBC has a few of them. I dont want to watch violence or abuse or thuggery or what have you. I do not find those things entertaining.
Wainrights walks and such other type programs are wonderful stress-free escapism. I love programs on the Lake District.
I would like to say that `comfort-viewing` has a big future.
I don't see the point of another remake of this programme. The original can't be bettered, so leave it.
It's like trying to replace Nat with something similar.
Nat is the BRILLO. Anything else would be a 'soap filled pad'.

304British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 12:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:It's like trying to replace Nat with something similar.
Nat is the BRILLO. Anything else would be a 'soap filled pad'.

What are you after?

305British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 12:08

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@boltonbonce wrote:
I don't see the point of another remake of this programme. The original can't be bettered, so leave it.

It isnt a particular program I would watch. There was, in the article, an excerpt from the book by James Harriot. It is the intro to it and it describes the view of Yorkshire from up in the Pennines looking down, and the lives of the people there. Great reading.
I am a huge fan of the Brontes and of Wordsworth and the Lake Poets.

306British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 12:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:It's like trying to replace Nat with something similar.
Nat is the BRILLO. Anything else would be a 'soap filled pad'.

What are you after?

He's thinking about his bed bath has has booked in for this afternoon. Very Happy

307British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 12:45

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

Well, me, sort of, I guess.

I don't go on about how poor it is as such but it isn't to my preference some/most of the stuff they do - particularly like the 'popular' stuff like 'Strictly' and EastEnders' but on the other hand they do stuff I love, such as David Attenborough and his wildlife documentaries for instance, so I think to myself for about £3 per week to watch stuff like this, then it's quite a bargain really - or at least I think so.


So nothing like Bob then.

308British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 13:04

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
They don't 'grasp it' Sluffy, because they don't want to grasp it. So what do they do? Doesn't need explaining, does it?

Not really different to the ageing adolescents on the Ageing Adolescents site, is it?

I see that one of the two accountants on AA has given his immature views on Wiggin. It makes me cringe but I've observed this pair for a while and neither have ever shown as much nous as you'd expect from the office cleaner.

Again, what's to grasp Bob? You resent the salaries being paid out of the licence fee, but you choose to contribute to it. You had your chance to make a stand Bob don't moan to us when you didn't take it.

309British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 13:10

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@sunlight wrote:There is an article in the Guradian today that I enjoyed and also found an affinity with. It is about a program that was ironically on channel 5 recently, which I didnt watch. The new ` all creatures great and small`. I am not interested in the animals/ vets thing. What I am interested in is what was termed as `comfort viewing`. Comfort viewing neednt be explained. I enjoy stress-free escapism programs. The BBC has a few of them. I dont want to watch violence or abuse or thuggery or what have you. I do not find those things entertaining.
Wainrights walks and such other type programs are wonderful stress-free escapism. I love programs on the Lake District.
I would like to say that `comfort-viewing` has a big future.
What's irony got to do with it? Beeb turned it down according to the Torygraph. Surely they mentioned it in the Grandiaur

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/30/bbc-turned-creatures-great-small-fears-would-not-speak-younger/

310British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 13:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

Well, me, sort of, I guess.

I don't go on about how poor it is as such but it isn't to my preference some/most of the stuff they do - particularly like the 'popular' stuff like 'Strictly' and EastEnders' but on the other hand they do stuff I love, such as David Attenborough and his wildlife documentaries for instance, so I think to myself for about £3 per week to watch stuff like this, then it's quite a bargain really - or at least I think so.


So nothing like Bob then.

Depends on what point you are making really doesn't it?

Do I moan about the BBC per se?

No I don't.

Does Bob though?

I don't think he does, I believe he's making a completely separate point more to do with public funds and people who are paid out of them seemingly attempting very hard NOT to pay public taxes on them.

And if he is, then I have some sympathy to it, in which case I am something like Bob, albeit an subject I choose not to be much vocal about.

Is it really such a big issue big issue for folks to be getting shirty with each other for on here?

Is it that much difference to Bonce's fixation on slippers, or mine on cycling, it's not really doing anybody any harm is it - so why the seemingly growing abuse to him from several others over it?

..dunno..

311British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 13:17

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
He can talk about what he wants, but he seems to think you and him are operating on an intellectual level the rest of us can only dream of - so he opens himself up to ridicule and the point he's making is flawed.

Don't know why you need to talk for him on it, surely a man of such intellect could defend himself?

312British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 13:24

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

Depends on what point you are making really doesn't it?

Do I moan about the BBC per se?

No I don't.

Does Bob though?

I don't think he does, I believe he's making a completely separate point more to do with public funds and people who are paid out of them seemingly attempting very hard NOT to pay public taxes on them.

And if he is, then I have some sympathy to it, in which case I am something like Bob, albeit an subject I choose not to be much vocal about.

Is it really such a big issue big issue for folks to be getting shirty with each other for on here?

Is it that much difference to Bonce's fixation on slippers, or mine on cycling, it's not really doing anybody any harm is it - so why the seemingly growing abuse to him from several others over it?

..dunno..
If the blockheads could block, they'd block. But they can't block because you won't allow them to block. So they have to try to come up with anything they can and its often abusive. Its pathetic really.

I'm not including Boncey because  he, more often than not, refreshingly tries to inject some humour.

313British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 13:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:He can talk about what he wants, but he seems to think you and him are operating on an intellectual level the rest of us can only dream of - so he opens himself up to ridicule and the point he's making is flawed.

Don't know why you need to talk for him on it, surely a man of such intellect could defend himself?
spot on  :clap:

314British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 13:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:If the blockheads could block, they'd block. But they can't block because you won't allow them to block. So they have to try to come up with anything they can and its often abusive. Its pathetic really.


No one is making you post here.

We're actually a very friendly bunch who pass the time ribbing each other and taking the piss.

If you don't like it, stop posting.

315British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 13:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

No one is making you post here.

We're actually a very friendly bunch who pass the time ribbing each other and taking the piss.

If you don't like it, stop posting.
spot on again  :clap:

316British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 13:58

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

No one is making you post here.

We're actually a very friendly bunch who pass the time ribbing each other and taking the piss.

If you don't like it, stop posting.
Nobody's making me and nobody's stopping me, are they? Not yet anyway.

You're actually a very friendly bunch, are you? Well pardon me for not noticing.

And if you think I'm going to start taking instructions from any Miss or Mister Bossyboots try thinking again.

317British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 14:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:He can talk about what he wants, but he seems to think you and him are operating on an intellectual level the rest of us can only dream of - so he opens himself up to ridicule and the point he's making is flawed.

Don't know why you need to talk for him on it, surely a man of such intellect could defend himself?

It's certainly flawed if you deliberately take it with the interpretation you have chosen to put on it but I think it stacks up quite astutely in the way he's intended it (and fwiw which I think you got in the first place but chose to ignore).

As for being clever or not is just someone's opinion of you, my mother God rest her was the smartest person I've known and she hadn't a single qualification to her name and worked in the mills like all her generation in Bolton did.

As for speaking up for Bob, yes I do because I think there are ways to post on social media and ways not to and you can only get in tune with them by practice over a long time.

I don't think Bob has honed his skills sufficiently so far, that's all.

He certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly that's for sure, but he also posts in a form of lighted hearted mocking style from years gone by that doesn't seemed to lend itself to modern day social media use whose readers seem to become instantly offended by it.

All I try to do is act as a bridge between the two sides to try my best to explain things and deescalate them.

Maybe if people could understand his way of doing things a bit better - (don't forget he may well be the oldest poster on our site and have a way about him that is foreign to people much younger than he) - and him the chance to learn a bit more on how younger generations responds to not necessarily WHAT he says but more by HOW he says them and the (unintentional?) reaction it causes - then maybe you won't need me much longer trying to keep the peace between you all.

That's why I do it anyway.

Also, looking at Bob's last post whilst I've been writing this, it's no fun to stand alone and feel got at by others when you don't think you've done anything in particularly wrong - and he hasn't really has he?

Why not give him a chance and accept his ways are a bit different than what we normally see and tolerated him as we have done with the 'slipper' fetish, the twix loving 'gender bender' and myself who likes to write a little bit more than most?

Go on, you know this is the ideal place for him to call 'home' with the rest of us!

Very Happy

318British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 14:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Took me a long time to learn the ropes on here. It finally became clear that most of you are bonkers, and should be avoided at all costs in anything other than a forum environment.
I'd like to hear Bob's views on other stuff. Brexit, politics in general, slippers, books , TV, radio, food, drink, and uncle Tom Cobley and all.
He's under no obligation to tell us anything of course, but there's more to Bob than meets the eye. Wink

319British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 14:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Nobody's making me and nobody's stopping me, are they? Not yet anyway.

You're actually a very friendly bunch, are you? Well pardon me for not noticing.

And if you think I'm going to start taking instructions from any Miss or Mister Bossyboots try thinking again.

When trying to make friends do you always call people 'blockheads' and belittle them when they don't share you views?

320British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 14:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Also, looking at Bob's last post whilst I've been writing this, it's no fun to stand alone and feel got at by others when you don't think you've done anything in particularly wrong - and he hasn't really has he?

Why not give him a chance and accept his ways are a bit different than what we normally see and tolerated him as we have done with the 'slipper' fetish, the twix loving 'gender bender' and myself who likes to write a little bit more than most?
Tolerated? Are we allowed to write about slipper fetishes, gender benders and the very popular with some "bumchums"?

All seems a bit racy and/or homophobic when bans are handed out for writing about the perfectly politically correct idea that a man can have a boyfriend - a concept accepted by everyone who is not homophobic.

You need to ban yourself Sluffy Smile

321British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 15:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I must state, for the record, that I do not have a slipper fetish.
I merely like to treat my feet well, and find that the leisure footwear available on the high street and online, affords me the best way to achieve the required succour for my plates.
Anyone wishing to join our monthly slipper club is very welcome. Although we can't meet at the moment due to this darn Covid.

322British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 15:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:I must state, for the record, that I do not have a slipper fetish.
I believe you mate. What a man does with his slippers is between him and his conscience.

323British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 15:07

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

When trying to make friends do you always call people 'blockheads' and belittle them when they don't share you views?

Come off it Little Miss Innocent. You've been hostile from day one.

324British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 15:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

Also, looking at Bob's last post whilst I've been writing this, it's no fun to stand alone and feel got at by others when you don't think you've done anything in particularly wrong - and he hasn't really has he?

Why not give him a chance and accept his ways are a bit different than what we normally see and tolerated him as we have done with the 'slipper' fetish, the twix loving 'gender bender' and myself who likes to write a little bit more than most?
Tolerated? Are we allowed to write about slipper fetishes, gender benders and the very popular with some "bumchums"?

All seems a bit racy and/or homophobic when bans are handed out for writing about the perfectly politically correct idea that a man can have a boyfriend - a concept accepted by everyone who is not homophobic.

You need to ban yourself Sluffy Smile

You deliberately posted that as I was a homosexual.

That's a homophobic comment.

I'm not tolerating that.

The law doesn't tolerate that.

If you can't accept responsibility for what you did - and posting crap like this shows that you can't - then you're the one with the personal issues - not me.

PS - putting a smiley face after a another deliberate pop at me doesn't lessen it being a deliberate pop at me, it's just there so you can make an excuse that it was only a 'joke' - which of course we both know it wasn't.

Smile

325British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 15:12

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

It's certainly flawed if you deliberately take it with the interpretation you have chosen to put on it but I think it stacks up quite astutely in the way he's intended it (and fwiw which I think you got in the first place but chose to ignore).

As for being clever or not is just someone's opinion of you, my mother God rest her was the smartest person I've known and she hadn't a single qualification to her name and worked in the mills like all her generation in Bolton did.

As for speaking up for Bob, yes I do because I think there are ways to post on social media and ways not to and you can only get in tune with them by practice over a long time.

I don't think Bob has honed his skills sufficiently so far, that's all.

He certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly that's for sure, but he also posts in a form of lighted hearted mocking style from years gone by that doesn't seemed to lend itself to modern day social media use whose readers seem to become instantly offended by it.

All I try to do is act as a bridge between the two sides to try my best to explain things and deescalate them.

Maybe if people could understand his way of doing things a bit better - (don't forget he may well be the oldest poster on our site and have a way about him that is foreign to people much younger than he) - and him the chance to learn a bit more on how younger generations responds to not necessarily WHAT he says but more by HOW he says them and the (unintentional?) reaction it causes - then maybe you won't need me much longer trying to keep the peace between you all.

That's why I do it anyway.

Also, looking at Bob's last post whilst I've been writing this, it's no fun to stand alone and feel got at by others when you don't think you've done anything in particularly wrong - and he hasn't really has he?

Why not give him a chance and accept his ways are a bit different than what we normally see and tolerated him as we have done with the 'slipper' fetish, the twix loving 'gender bender' and myself who likes to write a little bit more than most?

Go on, you know this is the ideal place for him to call 'home' with the rest of us!

Very Happy

He pretends not to see my posts, so who’s not giving who a chance here? All I did was poke holes in his argument.

Everyone’s free to post whatever they want on here, I don’t care. But if you call people idiots don’t be surprised if they bite back a bit, I don’t think you need to be under 70 to understand that.

326British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 15:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:the twix loving 'gender bender'


How many years have you been following my work.....it's a fooking TWIRL.

327British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 15:28

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

How many years have you been following my work.....it's a fooking TWIRL.

Inexcusable error.

328British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 15:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

How many years have you been following my work.....it's a fooking TWIRL.
BRILLO 1 Soap Filled Pads 0

329British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 15:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:He pretends not to see my posts, so who’s not giving who a chance here? All I did was poke holes in his argument.

Everyone’s free to post whatever they want on here, I don’t care. But if you call people idiots don’t be surprised if they bite back a bit, I don’t think you need to be under 70 to understand that.

I'm not actually sure you did?

It looked to me that you construed something other from what he had said and went out of your way to poke holes in that instead.

Maybe that's why he didn't feel the need to reply to what you had been saying perhaps?

And yes no one likes to be called names on the internet or indeed real life - but in real life you do call people names and they don't mind, might even laugh with you because it is the tone and maybe even body language of how it's been said that let's you know it's meant in fun rather than as abuse.

Anybody really think being a called a blockhead or similar is meant as a serious term of stupidity?  I see it more as a mild ribbing for not seeing the obvious in my view.  I've been called a wanker, homosexual, and having a multitude of mental health issues and that's just been in the last week or so, do you think being called a blockhead is in the same leagues as those, I certainly don't!

I think if Bob wanted to tell someone they were stupid he's the type who would not mince his words and not use quaint and dated phrase like being a 'blockhead'.

As I said above I think there is a disconnect over how things said on social media by the likes of Bob are INTENDED and how in fact they are PERCEIVED by the recipients.

Maybe if he had said something like ' I don't think you are understanding my point here', or 'no, it's not what you think' he would have got little if any reaction back but by simple saying 'don't be a blockhead' he seems to have upset half the forum instead!

The internet doesn't really lend itself to things like irony or stuff said in humour so well at times and so probably best to stay clear of such things in general.  

I simply think Bob's way of saying things are such that often seem to cause offense to some where it wasn't generally intended to be the case.

Simple as that to me - a sort of an unintended disconnect between generations if you will.

330British Broadcorping Castration - Page 11 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration on Thu Oct 01 2020, 15:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:the twix loving 'gender bender'


How many years have you been following my work.....it's a fooking TWIRL.

What's it matter as long as you enjoy it with your Ribena?

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum