Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 50]

121How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Oct 08 2020, 21:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Everyone has a price.

122How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Oct 08 2020, 21:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Everyone has a price.
At least he kept his trousers on. Very Happy

123How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Oct 08 2020, 21:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hhmmm, I wonder how much he got for his two Jags.

124How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Oct 08 2020, 21:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Hhmmm, I wonder how much he got for his two Jags.
Or his croquet set.

125How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Oct 08 2020, 21:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Hhmmm, I wonder how much he got for his two Jags.
Probably a millionth of what Boris will get from Putin when he's finally kicked out?
Face it - Putin could have spent billions f****** up the West. Boris and Donald are the cheap options.

126How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Oct 10 2020, 12:47

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 SEGwHaO

127How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 08:38

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 ZoTB96C

128How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 09:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

129How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 09:32

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So it turns out that the government has not been "following the science" advice recently at all!! 
SAGE  recommendations in mid-September were ignored or declined. (See BBC news today)

Just as bad, more lies abound:-
 "Mr Johnson said he had agreed some of the measures with  Liverpool's Labour Mayor Steve Rotheram - but Mr Rotheram said that was "totally false" and that the new measures had been "dictated to us by the government". (Again BBC website today)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54518002

130How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 12:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our borders are now open to import chlorinated chicken, hormone-fed beef and livestock reared in inhumane conditions thanks to Tory MPs overturning an amendment to protect food standards after Brexit.

131How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 12:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Our borders are now open to import chlorinated chicken, hormone-fed beef and livestock reared in inhumane conditions thanks to Tory MPs overturning an amendment to protect food standards after Brexit.
Get on the veggie/vegan train Lusty. 
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 EMAB0srWsAAtCiY

132How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 13:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Our borders are now open to import chlorinated chicken, hormone-fed beef and livestock reared in inhumane conditions thanks to Tory MPs overturning an amendment to protect food standards after Brexit.

I might be missing something over all this big hoo-haw over chlorinated chicken business and other stuff but isn't this the same food millions of us eat when we've visited America?

I don't consider myself to be that well travelled but I must have been to the USA at least half a dozen times or more over the years - and bought chicken from the local supermarkets for instance (rather than being in a tourist bubble say like at Disney) and never been unwell at all, I've certainly have had Spanish tummy a time or too though and they are supposed to have the same food standards and hygiene as we do!

133How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 13:32

Think it’s more symbolic than anything else, despite the strength of the food lobby in America I think we’d know by now if there was certain harm.

Really, the concern is what lowering food standards could allow to crop up in future?

Also (and more importantly in my mind) we should be reducing our meat consumption if we have any serious aims to deal with climate change. Cut price chicken is only going to have the opposite affect.

As many of us warned at the time, Brexit will take this country backwards in so many ways.

134How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 14:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem with washing chicken with chlorine is that is makes it impossible to detect bacteria in the lab ergo salmonella etc can still be present as the chlorine doesn't kill it - so it's a lottery. But as TROY points out , lowering the bar on food standards opens the door to a whole range of bad practice, animal cruelty, environmental and other issues.
Currently we don't grow genetically modified foodstuffs in the UK although they can be imported for animal feed so it gets into the human food chain indirectly. The EU ruling is that any GMOs in human foodstuffs have to labelled as such so we can at least make a choice.

Conversely, why abandon a perfectly good set of food standards that have served us well for decades?

135How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 14:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My dad was a butcher, and worked for a large company in Manchester owned by two brothers. They were masters at getting around safety /health/animal welfare issues, and also had the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester in their pocket.
If I say 'religious nut' you might know who I mean.

136How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 14:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

'God's Copper' James Anderton I presume and Louis Edwards the butchers would be my guess.

137How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 14:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:'God's Copper' James Anderton I presume and Louis Edwards the butchers would be my guess.
Correct on cop, not on company. Very Happy
They were taken over by a large American soup company.

138How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 15:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Think it’s more symbolic than anything else, despite the strength of the food lobby in America I think we’d know by now if there was certain harm.

Really, the concern is what lowering food standards could allow to crop up in future?

Also (and more importantly in my mind) we should be reducing our meat consumption if we have any serious aims to deal with climate change. Cut price chicken is only going to have the opposite affect.

As many of us warned at the time, Brexit will take this country backwards in so many ways.

Thanks for the explanation.

Certainly agree with you on your other points about climate change and Brexit but those horses have bolted - too many selfish and greedy people about - always have been and always will unfortunately.

139How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 17:21

We’ll need a change of government to affect climate change, because it would need to be enforced change given how little time we have now. Ideologically the Tory party just aren’t going to do that.

140How is the Tory government doing? - Page 7 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 13 2020, 17:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's not kid ourselves - the sole purpose of dropping food standards is to try and salvage a deal with the Yanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum