Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The future of Nuts

+13
Sluffy
karlypants
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
xmiles
gloswhite
sunlight
wessy
finlaymcdanger
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

261The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Feb 19 2024, 19:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Glad to see you're still alive and kicking Bonce, especially as I know you've probably fallen off more than a few ladders since I last checked in.  Very Happy

Next time I'm here I'll leave you some new slippers by the front door with some custard creams and a complimentary tin of tomatoes.  tongue
Cheers mate. Haven't fallen off a ladder recently, but I did get stuck in a revolving door. My messenger bag was the culprit. That's my story anyway. I'm also a menace on escalators. The one in the Market Hall in Walkden always causes me problems, and it doesn't even have steps! Went to Walkden last month and braved the thing in order to get to the toilet, and said toilet was shut! And what's with all the coloured plastic buckets hanging from the ceiling?
Then Piggy In The Middle had no Carrs pasties. What a washout of a day that was.

262The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Feb 19 2024, 20:09

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:
Cheers mate. Haven't fallen off a ladder recently, but I did get stuck in a revolving door. My messenger bag was the culprit. That's my story anyway. I'm also a menace on escalators. The one in the Market Hall in Walkden always causes me problems, and it doesn't even have steps! Went to Walkden last month and braved the thing in order to get to the toilet, and said toilet was shut! And what's with all the coloured plastic buckets hanging from the ceiling?
Then Piggy In The Middle had no Carrs pasties. What a washout of a day that was.
Mate for a reasonably new building the place is falling apart. More leaks in the roof than over the East stand at the Reebok. Glad to hear the buckets are hanging from the ceiling now as they were in various places on the ground catching water for many months and the escalators are forever broken. Walkden may hold good memories but it's all changing and probably not for the better. They have permanent security on the doors now because of the gangs of little shits who think they're Al Capone on a BMX.

263The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Feb 19 2024, 20:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bwfc1958 wrote:Thought I'd have a little look in, see how you chaps are getting on. Thought I might find something like this. Whatever happened to the days of KP doing unspeakable things behind the bins at the back of bargain booze? What happened to Bonce's unhealthy obsession with Bruce Forsyth? What happened to the days of taking the piss out of Norpig for knocking one out over a poster of Adam Le Fondre on his bedroom wall, of Johnny's quiz's, Nats behind enemy lines, Scott and AD's stupidity, Boggers piss taking, Breads dry humour etc, the list goes on. I used to love coming on here and having a laugh about mindless shite. I also used to love the debate on serious topics and the general conversation and the portal buzzing with activity on a matchday. What went wrong? Such a shame as it was easily the best forum around a few short years ago.

Very good post 58.

What went wrong was hatred, lies and personal agendas turned the site toxic and people started ganging up together based on what they wanted to believe rather than how things actually were!

I've been made out to be the problem on here but what have I actually done other than to tell things how they were and have been proved correct time after time.

Ok, I know people don't like a smart arse but all I've ever done is laid out the facts (and links to them) in order for people to see for themselves - I've never been the one to blatantly tell lies and conspire with other people by privately messages, against anyone.

It's an internet forum for God sake, yet we had grown men trying to get me booted off my own site for what - because I pointed out Wanderlust's continuous lies and fake news, or because I said Anderson had not legally done anything wrong, or maybe because I said there wasn't illegality or cronyism in the awarding of PPE contracts - what exactly was it that people wanted me gone - for actually telling the truth, rather than believing like them what random utter moron's on social media were saying?

It simply stopped being fun when it started to become personal to some.

When the internet become part of their real life.

Look at how Norpig has just stormed off - it's become real to him - he clearly believes I'm some sort of a nutjob harbouring personal grudges - he couldn't be further from the truth.

It's become personal to him - in his real life, that I'm the lunatic.

In my real life I'm the one who is laughing at those who clearly can no longer tell real life from social media bollocks.

It's the internet ffs - it isn't meant to be taken seriously - Nuts is and was meant to be taken just how you've described it 58.

264The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Feb 19 2024, 20:41

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Honestly Sluffy, the mind boggles. I've always been in the camp that it's your right to have an opinion and try to back up that opinion with facts and it's everyone else's right to agree or disagree as they so wish. That's the whole point of an Internet forum if I'm not mistaken. I've seen a whole load of shite up and down the Internet, especially on social media pages, Bolton fan pages especially. I've had disagreements and fail to see how anyone could possibly lose sleep over it. I may well disagree with you Sluffy, on various topics or comments, but couldn't ever imagine it becoming personal or developing some sort of deep seated hatred for you. Maybe that's just me. Perhaps I'm missing something that could only be explained by the offended parties, but on the face of it, it seems that, as I said before, the Internet just isn't the place for everyone.

265The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Feb 19 2024, 20:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

266The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Feb 19 2024, 21:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bwfc1958 wrote:Honestly Sluffy, the mind boggles. I've always been in the camp that it's your right to have an opinion and try to back up that opinion with facts and it's everyone else's right to agree or disagree as they so wish. That's the whole point of an Internet forum if I'm not mistaken. I've seen a whole load of shite up and down the Internet, especially on social media pages, Bolton fan pages especially. I've had disagreements and fail to see how anyone could possibly lose sleep over it. I may well disagree with you Sluffy, on various topics or comments, but couldn't ever imagine it becoming personal or developing some sort of deep seated hatred for you. Maybe that's just me. Perhaps I'm missing something that could only be explained by the offended parties, but on the face of it, it seems that, as I said before, the Internet just isn't the place for everyone.

I couldn't agree more with you 58, I don't get it either how many seem to take the internet so seriously?

I would suggest I've had more shit thrown at me than most on here simply in my role as being the mod on here and previous forums - yet in all that time I've only ever banned one person for good and that was because they attempted to hack into my private life!

All the ones who have abused me and have an axe to grind with me are still able to post on here - which shows how seriously I take the internet otherwise I would have banned them long ago.

I know we are not all the same but if people behave like they do on social media, then how must they be in real life?

I just find it funny people holding grudges and vendettas or whatever it is they are doing, because someone has proved they were wrong about something or other on social media???

And they think I'm the one who is bonkers!

C'est la vie.

267The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Feb 19 2024, 23:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You and Bonce have made my day with the comments you have both posted 58. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a bloody good smile on my face reading them! Very Happy

268The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Feb 19 2024, 23:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:You and Bonce have made my day with the comments you have both posted 58.  It’s been a long time since I’ve had a bloody good smile on my face reading them! Very Happy
Been nice having one of the old gang back. I've been trying to find the thread that included Breadman having to fend off members of the Brotherhood in the CD section of Walkden Tesco, hurling Mantovani CD's, discus fashion,  in order to save the day for the Bumchums. Mind boggling.

269The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 08:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

don't know why i bothered to log back in as Sluffy is still talking bollocks about me  Rolling Eyes

For the record i didn't storm off i've just had enough of your warped views and opinions. Remember this all started because you brought up that i had abused you on here when the ST was formed. How many years ago was that and why do you even remember? Do you have a little book you log all these slights against you in and just wait to get your revenge?

And you claim to not take the internet seriously  :rofl:

270The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 08:41

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My problem with Sluffy is that while he purports to encourage everyone to have a voice, unless it meets with his own views he’ll go into a diatribe of clippings that support him that appear to prove that he’s right. As a card holding anti immigration, anti net zero is bollocks believing Tory I don’t suppose I have much chance trying to convince him of my point of view so I just accept his insults and carry on. I respect the fact that he and any posters on here have their own views but Sluffys assertion that views are only instilled through social media is laughable. 

I’m the biggest tech Luddite of all and don’t do any social media other than sites like this. My views are constructed from what I see about me, how things have changed and not for the better, how people, especially the young, have been brainwashed by the “Blob” of MSM and yes, social media. I wasn’t on this site when all the fun was going on but I wish I had been but hey it’s not too late to have a laugh, there’s certainly enough about laugh at. 😁

271The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 09:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:You and Bonce have made my day with the comments you have both posted 58.  It’s been a long time since I’ve had a bloody good smile on my face reading them! Very Happy
Been nice having one of the old gang back. I've been trying to find the thread that included Breadman having to fend off members of the Brotherhood in the CD section of Walkden Tesco, hurling Mantovani CD's, discus fashion,  in order to save the day for the Bumchums. Mind boggling.

Very funny Laughing

272The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 12:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:don't know why i bothered to log back in as Sluffy is still talking bollocks about me  Rolling Eyes

For the record i didn't storm off i've just had enough of your warped views and opinions. Remember this all started because you brought up that i had abused you on here when the ST was formed. How many years ago was that and why do you even remember? Do you have a little book you log all these slights against you in and just wait to get your revenge?

And you claim to not take the internet seriously  :rofl:

You just have a massive downer on me - you have for years - everything I do is wrong in your eyes.

The thread where you stormed off (or whatever it is you did) WASN'T ABOUT YOU at all - YOU turned it into that by making it into one of your many crusades against me - which you are carrying on even now...

"my warped views", "little book of slights", "waiting for my revenge"

I've given a full explanation of why I said what I did above, before it once again turned into your personal attack on me.

AND you may wish to note I said the same thing about Bonce, but has he reacted like you have - no, he hasn't because what I said was absolutely true but more importantly it clearly WASN'T what I was posting about at all until you made it so!

You clearly don't like me - but all I am is some random on the internet posting shit like everyone else - and that's my point about "social media" becoming real in your life, whilst it should be taken with a very large pinch of salt and treated as a laugh as 58, Bonce and I do.

It's you who is all screwed up mate - not me.

273The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 13:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:My problem with Sluffy is that while he purports to encourage everyone to have a voice, unless it meets with his own views he’ll go into a diatribe of clippings that support him that appear to prove that he’s right. As a card holding anti immigration, anti net zero is bollocks believing Tory I don’t suppose I have much chance trying to convince him of my point of view so I just accept his insults and carry on. I respect the fact that he and any posters on here have their own views but Sluffys assertion that views are only instilled through social media is laughable. 

I’m the biggest tech Luddite of all and don’t do any social media other than sites like this. My views are constructed from what I see about me, how things have changed and not for the better, how people, especially the young, have been brainwashed by the “Blob” of MSM and yes, social media. I wasn’t on this site when all the fun was going on but I wish I had been but hey it’s not too late to have a laugh, there’s certainly enough about laugh at. 😁

All I do W63 is post facts and the link to their source.

If you or anyone else wants to be in denial about them, that's up to you, but it doesn't make the facts wrong and your "view of the world" right.

The world is bigger than your back garden, the window on the world is not only through the eyes of GB News.

It would be nice for all of us if we could once again find the fun on this site but sadly there are folk carrying around too much baggage now for that to ever happen again I fear.

274The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 13:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

so i'm screwed up because i don't see things the same way as you do? As for not liking you, i don't even know you, but if you are like this in real life then i would cross the road if i saw you.

I'm leaving it there as i do want to stay on here (God knows why!) so i'll just ignore you from now on, best all round.

275The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 13:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:so i'm screwed up because i don't see things the same way as you do? As for not liking you, i don't even know you, but if you are like this in real life then i would cross the road if i saw you.

I'm leaving it there as i do want to stay on here (God knows why!) so i'll just ignore you from now on, best all round.

I said you were screwed up not because you see things differently to me but you see things that simply aren't there because of your fixated mindset about me.

And yes I'm pretty much the same on here and real life so no doubt you would cross the road.

It probably is best all round if you did ignore me or at least try to read what I actually wrote about rather than what your head tells you I wrote - as they are often not the same things.

276The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 13:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

By the way Mr Pig, you didn't get my pm because I forgot to press send. Smile
Sent another this morning which I hope arrived.

277The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 14:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:By the way Mr Pig, you didn't get my pm because I forgot to press send. Smile
Sent another this morning which I hope arrived.
yes, got it thanks  :good:

278The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 14:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad to see you back Norpig! :drinks:

279The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 15:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Glad to see you back Norpig! :drinks:
thanks mate, not sure how long it will last!

280The future of Nuts - Page 14 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Feb 20 2024, 15:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe chatbox might come back to life tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum