Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The future of Nuts

The future of Nuts

+12
karlypants
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
xmiles
gloswhite
sunlight
wessy
finlaymcdanger
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

241The future of Nuts - Page 13 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Thu Apr 28 2022, 10:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would have paid good money to see Bertie dancing to anything. At the age of 89 he was jailed for committing a breach of the peace, and spent seven days in Brixton prison, so I'm pretty sure throwing a few shapes would be a doddle.

242The future of Nuts - Page 13 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Thu Apr 28 2022, 10:56

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:I would have paid good money to see Bertie dancing to anything. At the age of 89 he was jailed for committing a breach of the peace, and spent seven days in Brixton prison, so I'm pretty sure throwing a few shapes would be a doddle.

Wasn't he one of those loonies who believed that tyrants weren't really tyrants and if you were nice to them they'd be nice to you?

243The future of Nuts - Page 13 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Thu Apr 28 2022, 11:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Wasn't he one of those loonies who believed that tyrants weren't really tyrants and if you were nice to them they'd be nice to you?
The road to happiness and prosperity lies in an organised diminution of work. 

                                                                           Bertrand Russell.

My old boss often accused me of taking this too much to heart.

244The future of Nuts - Page 13 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Thu Apr 28 2022, 12:36

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
The road to happiness and prosperity lies in an organised diminution of work. 

                                                                           Bertrand Russell.

My old boss often accused me of taking this too much to heart.

Did your old boss ever say that 'The devil finds work for idle hands' or was that Chaucer?

245The future of Nuts - Page 13 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Thu Apr 28 2022, 17:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Did your old boss ever say that 'The devil finds work for idle hands' or was that Chaucer?
No, but he did say, "You're fired" on more than one occasion. He always relented. 
Mind you, he once appeared on site, with a gaggle of his architects, wearing a white linen jacket and black pants, and I couldn't help shouting "Two tubs and a choc ice please". Even Hannibal Lecter would have offered me a warmer return look.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum