Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will you boo if Bolton Players take the knee

+10
bryan458
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Norpig
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
okocha
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Totally agree!!! WOW!

Now what was it you labelled the Welsh the other day...?
Some vaguely humourous inoffensive (according to our resident poster of that ilk) sweeping generalisation as I recall Smile

On that note....

Dai was watching a Six Nations game in Cardiff.
In the packed stadium there was only one empty seat, right next to him.
“Whose is that seat?” asked a man in the row behind.
“I got the ticket for my wife,” said Dai. “But she died in an accident.”
“So you’re keeping the seat vacant as a mark of respect?”
“No,” said the fan, “I offered it to all of my friends.”
“So why didn’t they take it?”
“They’ve all gone to the funeral.”

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to go out with a Welsh girl who had 36DDs. It was a ridiculously long name.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Totally agree!!! WOW!

Now what was it you labelled the Welsh the other day...?
Some vaguely humourous inoffensive (according to our resident poster of that ilk) sweeping generalisation as I recall Smile

Unfortunately for your defence Glos doesn't know the law either...!

AN ENGLISH holidaymaker has admitted racism after calling Welsh people “sheep-shaggers”.

Taaffe admitted racially-aggravated disorder for his foul outburst at Llandudno Magistrates court.

He accepted he was insulting and apologised before being fined £150.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And before you try to wriggle out of it by saying you said 'interfere with' rather than 'shag' the sheep then as in the words of the judge in the Good Law Project win a few days back said, that they...

"...would lead a fair-minded and informed observer to conclude that there was a real possibility, or a real danger, that the decision-maker (your statement) was biased (racist)."

APPARENTLY they would, and if it's good enough for the likes of the Good Law Project then the ruling would equally apply to everyone else.

We all knew clearly what you meant by your words.

Here's another word to mull over -

HYPOCRISY

Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behaviour or activity for which one criticises another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behaviour does not conform.

wanderlust wrote:...given that racism is a criminal offence the authorities need to act by arresting and charging people making racist comments online...

Some of the terms listed below (such as "Gringo", "Yank", etc.) are used by many people all over the world as part of their ordinary speech or thinking without any intention of causing offence. The connotation of a term and prevalence of its use as a pejorative or neutral descriptor varies over time and by geography.

Or in simple words the world's moved on from those days and you've been left behind and ignorant of what is now no longer considered legal or acceptable.

Rolling Eyes

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Would it be a way out for football if the taking the knee gesture and any link to BLM, was replaced with a strengthening of the kick it out campaign? Players could remain standing and clap for the 5 to 10 seconds it takes to kneel and stand. Supporters could join the clapping. Alternatively, how about both players and crowd chanting “Kick it out” Kick it out” two or 3 times, again something everyone in the ground can join in with. Surely something like that, is not only inoffensive but harmonious and much more likely to strengthen the bond between players and all fans? Something like this, not only raises awareness but also takes all accusations of political interference out of football, where it shouldn’t ever have been in the first place.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:Would it be a way out for football if the taking the knee gesture and any link to BLM, was replaced with a strengthening of the kick it out campaign? Players could remain standing and clap for the 5 to 10 seconds it takes to kneel and stand. Supporters could join the clapping. Alternatively, how about both players and crowd chanting “Kick it out” Kick it out” two or 3 times, again something everyone in the ground can join in with. Surely something like that, is not only inoffensive but harmonious and much more likely to strengthen the bond between players and all fans? Something like this, not only raises awareness but also takes all accusations of political interference out of football, where it shouldn’t ever have been in the first place.
I'd be happy with that alternative if it became global practice. I wouldn't want the racists to think that they had won some sort of victory.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
A mate of mine served under James Anderton, and he's got some cracking stories. Most of which I can't relate.
I've got a rather nice letter from Sir James in my archive, Boncey. I'm not sure about taking the knee but I do think Jane Watson's a great lass. Her grandad used to be chairman of Morecambe F C but that's another story.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I've got a rather nice letter from Sir James in my archive, Boncey. I'm not sure about taking the knee but I do think Jane Watson's a great lass. Her grandad used to be chairman of Morecambe F C but that's another story.
Had to smile when Anderton's daughter came out as a lesbian.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Would it be a way out for football if the taking the knee gesture and any link to BLM, was replaced with a strengthening of the kick it out campaign? Players could remain standing and clap for the 5 to 10 seconds it takes to kneel and stand. Supporters could join the clapping. Alternatively, how about both players and crowd chanting “Kick it out” Kick it out” two or 3 times, again something everyone in the ground can join in with. Surely something like that, is not only inoffensive but harmonious and much more likely to strengthen the bond between players and all fans? Something like this, not only raises awareness but also takes all accusations of political interference out of football, where it shouldn’t ever have been in the first place.

It is obvious to me that the FA rushed to join the populist movement of BLM for fear of being perceived racist for not doing so - in the same way that many tens of thousands of people were gullible to contribute to the UK BLM activists group a sum of £1.2m even though they had stated the one of their aims was to abolish the police!!!

- Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police. Working alongside existing anti-racist organisations to strengthen the wider movement across the UK.
- Supporting the United Family & Friends Campaign (UFFC) in accessing justice for friends and loved ones killed at the hands of British police.

Rolling Eyes

Fwiw the BLM UK has since changed its name to Black Liberation Movement UK.

Activists from the Black Lives Matter UK campaign group have placed their organisation on an official footing, marking it with a change of name.

The group, which received £1.2m in donations following widespread protests in June, has registered as a community benefit society under the name Black Liberation Movement UK.

The registration of the group, hitherto a loose collection of activists, was required before it could receive the donations, which had been collected via a GoFundMe appeal.

The society was registered on 14 September by Adam Elliott Cooper, an academic, Alexandra Wanjiku Kelbert, a PhD student, and Lisa Robinson, a director of a Nottingham-based social enterprise. All have been involved with the UK group since it was established in 2016 [In other words ACTIVISTS!!! - Sluffy]

Elliott Cooper confirmed to the Guardian that Black Liberation Movement UK was the group’s new official name, but said it would continue to organise under the name Black Lives Matter [I wonder why...!!! - Sluffy] and in collaboration with the wider BLM movement.

“We remain committed and our politics hasn’t changed, and we remain in constant conversation [with] and committed to the network of Black Lives Matter groups across the world,” he said, adding that the choice had to an extent been forced on them because different permutations of the Black Lives Matter name had already been registered.

According to a registration document filed with the Financial Conduct Authority, the purpose of the BLM UK community benefit society is to be a “national campaigning organisation which supports black African and black Caribbean communities in the UK”.  [So what about all the black Asians who contributed - Do certain Black Life's more than other Black Lives depending where your roots are from??? - Sluffy]

“The society aims to alleviate racial injustice and discrimination specifically amongst the black African and black Caribbean communities,” the document says. “Black African and Caribbean communities have historically suffered social, economic and environmental injustice because of their race, and the society aims to challenge and remove the injustices faced by these communities.”

The organisation had to be registered as a legal entity as a condition of receiving the money from GoFundMe. Elliott Cooper said the community benefit society structure was chosen for two reasons: “The first is that it’s a legal structure which allows us to take political positions on political issues [Who was it who was telling me on here that the crowd funder was for NON Political reasons??? - Sluffy], which is of course important, and we would be constrained by a different kind of legal structure such as that of a charity.

The registration followed months of wrangling about the future of the group, with some activists leaving and people criticising the decision of BLM UK activists to remain out of the limelight, even as donations continued to build.  [I wonder why the activists kept shtum and out of site whilst all the money was rolling in??? - Can you? - Sluffy]

Full article here -

The FA panicked and are now stuck with where they are now!

They should have backed their own existing anti-racist actions and their message would be free from all the 'baggage' that comes with the BLM activists and political agitators.

The message would have then been pure and clear to all - and free from clench firsts, the knee and booing.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyroad I reckon John Humphrys called it right.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Anyroad I reckon John Humphrys called it right.

Mr H waters his lawn with his own urine. Not straight from the source, I hope.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Good article Bob, thanks for sharing it.

More or less what I've been saying all along.

There is a cause, a very worthy one but you've got to change hearts and minds and that takes time, an awful long time.

You can't 'force' people not to be racists, any more than you can force people to be happy, believe in a creator, support Bolton Wanderers, you have to change the way they think and act, to educate and inform, to let them meet the people they hate and find out that they are only people like us to, who love their kids, work hard for a living and just want safety and security.

Political activists are political activists for a reason, they want instant change, out with the old and 'in' with whatever THEY want.

This leads to conflict - always has, always will.

Conflict never solves anything - if you 'win' that simply means somebody else has 'lost' - do you think you've won over their hearts and minds - of course you haven't - you have simply changed repression, anger and hatred off one group on to another.

You have to find common ground and work together if you really want to change things for the better.

And there is a will from the vast majority in this country to do just that but it simply won't happen if you try to 'force' it on folk and like it or not this silly symbolic taking the knee and BLM/clench fists salutes etc are being 'forced' upon us to watch whether we wish it to be or not.

No wonder there is a kick back against it - and not simply by people who are racist but by many others who are not and wish to see an end to these now empty gestures that have long since loss their meaning and are now being done only for fear of being seen to be racist if they stopped doing so!

It's time for the FA to draw a line under it and the most obvious way to do so is by reintroducing and promoting their existing anti racist programme instead from next season onwards in place of the knee.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Unfortunately for your defence Glos doesn't know the law either...!

AN ENGLISH holidaymaker has admitted racism after calling Welsh people “sheep-shaggers”.

Taaffe admitted racially-aggravated disorder for his foul outburst at Llandudno Magistrates court.

He accepted he was insulting and apologised before being fined £150.

And before you try to wriggle out of it by saying you said 'interfere with' rather than 'shag' the sheep then as in the words of the judge in the Good Law Project win a few days back said, that they...

"...would lead a fair-minded and informed observer to conclude that there was a real possibility, or a real danger, that the decision-maker (your statement) was biased (racist)."

APPARENTLY they would, and if it's good enough for the likes of the Good Law Project then the ruling would equally apply to everyone else.

Here's another word to mull over -

HYPOCRISY

Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behaviour or activity for which one criticises another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behaviour does not conform.

Some of the terms listed below (such as "Gringo", "Yank", etc.) are used by many people all over the world as part of their ordinary speech or thinking without any intention of causing offence. The connotation of a term and prevalence of its use as a pejorative or neutral descriptor varies over time and by geography.

Or in simple words the world's moved on from those days and you've been left behind and ignorant of what is now no longer considered legal or acceptable.

Rolling Eyes
All very interesting but absolutely nothing to do with what I actually wrote.
As far as I can tell, the only person to mention the term "sheep sh*****s" on here is you so read what you've written and try to take note - the world has moved on etc etc.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stupid article that conflates multiple issues in order to appeal to existing paranoid prejudices.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Time to do a Sluffy...

Let me explain it to you in (condescending) terms..

"Taking the knee" originated in American Football when Colin Kaepernick did it during the playing of the US national anthem at a game as a protest against racism in the sport. He was trying to point out that American nationalism underpinned racism in America and could not stand for the anthem of a country which oppresses black people -  but he was castigated as being anti American and didn't work again - even though he loves America but simply wants it to grow up.

Those who actually understood what he was trying to say emulated his action at events where racism was the issue. This included the George Floyd protests and BLM events.

Taking the knee was not created by the BLM organisation and many non-BLM anti-racists use it to make their point including the England football team

It is a symbol of anti racism, not the BLM organisation. More specifically it is a symbol of anti-racism in sport that has been widely copied throughout the world and used in other contexts where racism is an issue.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:All very interesting but absolutely nothing to do with what I actually wrote.
As far as I can tell, the only person to mention the term "sheep sh*****s" on here is you so read what you've written and try to take note - the world has moved on etc etc.

Hahaha - You crack me up!!!!

Try reading what I wrote before making an utter fool of yourself!!!

Sluffy wrote:And before you try to wriggle out of it by saying you said 'interfere with' rather than 'shag' the sheep then as in the words of the judge in the Good Law Project win a few days back said, that they...

I can read you like a book you're that predictable.

Check mate yet again!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Check mate yet again!!!!

Delusional. I made no mention of "interfere" or any other metaphor that would imply any sort of physical contact let alone sexual intercourse therefore your argument holds no water whatsoever as usual.

mither
/ˈmʌɪðə/

verb
Northern English
verb: mither; 3rd person present: mithers; past tense: mithered; past participle: mithered; gerund or present participle: mithering
[list=eQJLDd]
[*]make a fuss; moan.
"oh men—don't they mither?"
[*]pester or irritate (someone)."the pile of bills would mither her whenever she felt good"
[/list]

Chess? You're playing with yourself......mate.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Check mate yet again!!!!

Delusional. I made no mention of "interfere" or any other metaphor that would imply any sort of physical contact let alone sexual intercourse therefore your argument holds no water whatsoever as usual.

mither
/ˈmʌɪðə/

verb
Northern English
verb: mither; 3rd person present: mithers; past tense: mithered; past participle: mithered; gerund or present participle: mithering

Chess? You're playing with yourself......mate.

:facepalm:

This is what you posted -

wanderlust wrote:Evatt definitely has a thing about the sheep mitherers.....
Williams, John, Jones, Isgrove and possibly Sheehan.
I'd take Bale if we're getting any more.

This was my reply -

Sluffy wrote:Enough of the ethnic slurs please otherwise you will face a ban.

List of ethnic slurs

The following is a list of ethnic slurs (ethnophaulisms) that are, or have been, used as insinuations or allegations about members of a given ethnicity or racial group or to refer to them in a derogatory (that is, critical or disrespectful), pejorative (disapproving or contemptuous), or otherwise insulting manner.

For the purposes of this list, an ethnic slur is a term designed to insult others on the basis of race, ethnicity, or nationality. Each term is listed followed by its country or region of usage, a definition, and a reference to that term.

You can squirm as hard as you like but it was an ethnic slur - full stop.

I made due allowance that you've probably used the saying for years but it is no longer acceptable in this day and age.

Now if you don't want to own what you posted then that's up to you but I have (in theory anyway) a legal responsibility for what people post on here.

I have asked you to pack it in.

If you don't want to, then fine go and post somewhere else and let them deal with you because frankly I've had more than enough of you.

This simply can't go on.

If you don't like me or what I post, then fine, I don't have a problem with that but you seem to have some sort of personal issues accepting that you are ever wrong - and like everybody else you are at times.

Instead of owning your mistakes like most people do, you lie, abuse and contort yourself inside out not to be seen to do so.

Well we are all sick to death of it.

I definitely am.

It's got to stop from now on one way or another.

It is as simple as that.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Time to do a Sluffy...

Let me explain it to you in (condescending) terms..

"Taking the knee" originated in American Football when Colin Kaepernick did it during the playing of the US national anthem at a game as a protest against racism in the sport. He was trying to point out that American nationalism underpinned racism in America and could not stand for the anthem of a country which oppresses black people -  but he was castigated as being anti American and didn't work again - even though he loves America but simply wants it to grow up.

Those who actually understood what he was trying to say emulated his action at events where racism was the issue. This included the George Floyd protests and BLM events.

Taking the knee was not created by the BLM organisation and many non-BLM anti-racists use it to make their point including the England football team

It is a symbol of anti racism, not the BLM organisation. More specifically it is a symbol of anti-racism in sport that has been widely copied throughout the world and used in other contexts where racism is an issue.

If that’s true then please explain why the PL players display a BLM logo with black power fist on their shirts.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could be worse. Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Could be worse. Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here's the story according to SportsGazette.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum