Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's next manager - betting talk!

+13
rammywhite
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

because i want to see young players playing good football.

thats it.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Very interesting - betfred still have him at 5/1. - I think I will have twenty on him

20k? Or has your lottery money run out now MB?

Yes just twenty quid. There has to be something in this for two sites to have dropped him to odds on. I think betfred have taken their eye off the ball here, I think people should get money on at 5/1, I think it would be a good appointment, he's doing a great job at palace.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

betfred just stopped taking bets. Freedman now above Jimmy Phillips and strong favourite.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:betfred just stopped taking bets. Freedman now above Jimmy Phillips and strong favourite.

Oh my god - I got that bet on about one min before they stopped taking bets, I love it

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You won't if this was all sparked by a bollocks rumour lol.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You won't if this was all sparked by a bollocks rumour lol.

I'll cry if that's the case. I can only presume there have been some big bets placed on him in the last hour or two - there is no smoke without fire. Fingers crossed its true

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bloody hell Dougie Freedman into 10/11! on SkyBet.

Exciting!

No one ever got excited by someone caled Dougie.

What about dougie Donnelly? Hmmm, I not seen him on tv for years, is he still alive?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had a couple of quid on Freedman at 25/1 so i wouldn't mind that coming off!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know much about Dougie Freedman, except that when you have a player of Zaha's quality, you can look like a better manager than you are.

He might be the next great thing, he might just be another waste of space like Coyle. Is he anything worth splashing out in compensation for?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I don't know much about Dougie Freedman, except that when you have a player of Zaha's quality, you can look like a better manager than you are.

He might be the next great thing, he might just be another waste of space like Coyle. Is he anything worth splashing out in compensation for?

Or you could say he got the best out of Zaha.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Palace have shown some decent form of late winning the last 6 of their 7 games and the 7th was a draw. It's no coincidence that they have risen faster than any other team in the Championship and gained more than most over the last couple of months. Their game against Wednesday was their turning point.

My fear is that he is now manager of the month, is that going to be a curse or will it spur him on even more, we will find out in teh next couple of games. As a challenger for the Bolton hotspot - not too sure, he is good and as I say we shall see in next couple of games but as a few Palace fans have pointed out he is Palace through and through and does he really want to go to a club whose ambition is promotion and nothing else, and doesn't like spending the odd bit of money on a true decent player?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He is palace through and through but money talks and we do have a far better squad than palace. I think he would come if we agreed a deal with palace for him.

After Palace beat us at the Reebok he said that was their best performance of the season. He can't play that good football then.

Although if he is appointed I can change my name to oneFinFreedman

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:Although if he is appointed I can change my name to oneFinFreedman

lol!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

OneOinCoyle wrote:Although if he is appointed I can change my name to oneFinFreedman

Laughing

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:because i want to see young players playing good football.

thats it.

I couldn't give a fuck about young players playing good football, I want us to win games.

If the players are young and the football is pretty then that's great, but its not the be and and end all for me.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

thats it.

I couldn't give a fuck about young players playing good football, I want us to win games.

If the players are young and the football is pretty then that's great, but its not the be and and end all for me.

agree to disagree on that one then.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

thats it.

agree to disagree on that one then.

ok...

answer me this, would you rather have a squad of children playing beautiful passing football yo-yoing from championship to premier league... or a team of decent players pushing for a European spot and tearing the arse out of teams like arsenal again?

I know what id rather have.

sadly the clubs ambition is to get back to the prem and simply 'survive' ...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be honest it's been years since i've seen a bolton team drilled in the basics, pass and move, defensive positioning, runs, moving into space, triangles. All the while "smaller" clubs have risen on the back of just those things. Swansea, southampton, norwich, blackpool.

we've used the other tactic, the "win ugly" tactic, except we haven't won any games.

honestly i'd rather see the good football.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum