Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's next manager - betting talk!

+13
rammywhite
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

Lol what a thing to say, no I have not, why would I claim to be him? You joker.

I think you were trying to impress people.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dean Jones in the Sunday People writes:

Betting on the ' next manager' markets is a big thing, but one major gambler looks to have got his fingers burned with a huge plunge on backroom boy Jimmy Phillips getting the Bolton job.

Phillips went from rank outsider to hot favourite, much to the shock of the club and genuine candidates.

the big-time punter gambled a four=-figure sum after hearing that Phillips ' would be given a run'.

I reckon it's BanksoftheCroal!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't take the piss as i was stupid enough to put a few quid on some of the front runners.

mainly because it will soften the blow as i don't think they're up to much.

would be happy with Freedman though!

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bloody hell Dougie Freedman into 10/11! on SkyBet.

Exciting!

I have to say Hipster, your post won me £100 profit, thanks very much! When I read your post and realised he was odds on it was obvious there was something happening, Betfred were still offering 5/1, they had taken their eye off the ball, so I put £20 on, and 2 mins later they stopped taking bets.

So many thanks!

As for my original post, I was so close in identifying Freedman - I said it would be a manager in a job, a young highly rated manager who was at a club not as good as Bolton so would come.

I personally am excited about Dougie's appointment, he did a great job at Palace with next to no money and a pretty ordinary squad. It will be interesting to see what he can do with our team. I am so pleased Coyle has gone (I liked Coyle as a person but not as a manager) and we have someone new at the helm. Come on Bolton!

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

£10 down the shitter! Thanks a lot Phil, would it have killed you to appoint Billy Davies?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

Exciting!

I have to say Hipster, your post won me £100 profit, thanks very much! When I read your post and realised he was odds on it was obvious there was something happening, Betfred were still offering 5/1, they had taken their eye off the ball, so I put £20 on, and 2 mins later they stopped taking bets.

So many thanks!

As for my original post, I was so close in identifying Freedman - I said it would be a manager in a job, a young highly rated manager who was at a club not as good as Bolton so would come.

I personally am excited about Dougie's appointment, he did a great job at Palace with next to no money and a pretty ordinary squad. It will be interesting to see what he can do with our team. I am so pleased Coyle has gone (I liked Coyle as a person but not as a manager) and we have someone new at the helm. Come on Bolton!

not a problem, i collected my (small) winnings today too on the bet.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Am glad to hear you made a few quid out if too, good old phil eh? I am tempted to follow the markets on the next Ipswich, burnley snd palace manager's odds now, see if I can make some more lovely money.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Michael Bolton wrote:I am tempted to follow the markets on the next Ipswich, burnley snd palace manager's odds now, see if I can make some more lovely money.

And this is why the house always wins

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:

Exciting!

So many thanks!

Glad someone is excited about this appointment, not just for money reasons either.

As you say if he made a good outfit from a pretty ordinary Palace, I wonder what he can do with a top end championship team.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Aaron - I really think this is a great appointment, I mean are there many more exciting realistic candidates? I am so glad we didn't go for a manager like keane or McCarthy who have failed more than once. Freedman is a gamble, it's like coyle - we don't know at this point how good or bad he is as he is relatively inexperienced. Have we found ourselves a top young manager or have we found another dud? Only time will tell. But it's great coyle had gone and we have someone new to see what they can do.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:Aaron - I really think this is a great appointment, I mean are there many more exciting realistic candidates? I am so glad we didn't go for a manager like keane or McCarthy who have failed more than once. Freedman is a gamble, it's like coyle - we don't know at this point how good or bad he is as he is relatively inexperienced. Have we found ourselves a top young manager or have we found another dud? Only time will tell. But it's great coyle had gone and we have someone new to see what they can do.

Can't argue with you MB, I would have been gutted if we had gone for an old manager who can only get a team up but do sod all after.

I think we will find him to be more professional than Coyle, also in regards to his younger players at Palace he seems to use them more than coyle did with young players here. Maybe that was becuase he had to use them at palace I don't know but he still got the best out of them.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:

Exciting!

So many thanks!

Not a problem, i collected my (small) winnings today too on the bet.

Well played to the both of you!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

More fool me, I put money on Morgan Freeman instead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum