Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's next manager - betting talk!

+13
rammywhite
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:because i want to see young players playing good football.

thats it.

Ageist. I trust the mods will step in.

62Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anybody know who the people that are listed as 1000/1 are?

63Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw Eric Cantona driving through Altrincham this afternoon. He isn't on the oddschecker list. Do you think the bookies could have missed something ?

64Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I am bored with it now, i cant believe lee or brown will get it.

65Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 am

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Craig Levein will be available in a few days. He's cheap and shit- so should suit us perfectly.

66Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyone else seen the latest odds on freedman to be next boss? He is as short as 8/11 at some bookies. Anyone know why?

67Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Michael Bolton wrote:Anyone else seen the latest odds on freedman to be next boss? He is as short as 8/11 at some bookies. Anyone know why?

I'd be more concerned about why Souness has gone from 20/1 into 6/1 Shocked

68Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Anyone else seen the latest odds on freedman to be next boss? He is as short as 8/11 at some bookies. Anyone know why?

I'd be more concerned about why Souness has gone from 20/1 into 6/1 Shocked

i suspect it's down to that nixon article.

69Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:22 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I wouldn't worry to much on the betting odds to be honest, I stopped worrying about odds when Coyle got the job a couple of years back.......bookies stopped taking bets on about 10 people before coyle got appointed.

I think the board will be hoping JP/LS will impress in the next 2 games and if they do, expect them to be offered the job full time.

70Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:47 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised JPs odds haven't shortened after yesterday.

71Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:52 am

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:Surprised JPs odds haven't shortened after yesterday.

I just don't think at this moment in time we can appoint a rookie manager. We need promotion, the money next season in the prem is huge with the new tv deal, Eddie wants to rake in that sort if cash, if you were in eddie's shoes would you seriously Appoint a rookie manager? Dougie freedman looks a quality young manager, it is clearly what the club wants, they thought Owen coyle was that but he turned out to be a dud. Freedman would excite me and most fans and the players. I don't think JP and SL do anyone.

72Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:45 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JP, SL and JD have tons of experience between them although it's JPs first shot at being the first team mouthpiece.

Freeman is OK but I like the way that the dreamteam had them playing yesterday and would like to see more. Plus they know the players and are committed to the cause whereas Freeman would be a backstabbing money-grabber if he came to us - money that we could spend in January if the dreamteam's style of play turns out to be a winner against tougher opposition.

I'd just like them to be given a chance, even if it is 3 games in 7 days with very little preparation time.

73Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think people are getting carried away after 1 game where don't forget we went 2 down.

If JP got the job I wouldn't be unhappy, knows and loves the club and has done a great job at the academy but it's 1 game.

people on twitter are bemoaning the Freedman approach because "jiminho" is the man.

Maybe he is but how they can tell that after one game, even one 45 minutes is beyond me.

74Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:48 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The thing is what impressed me yesterday was how much we kept the ball on the floor and rarely went for the direct route, ok we conceded 2 goals but the desire our players showed to keep playing it neatly across the floor and build from the back, which is what JP asked them to do just shows the players are taking note of what has been asked of them.

The players obviously believe in what he wants or we wouldn't have even won the game yesterday, ok it was just one game but for me the difference in that game compared to the likes ot the Watford and Derby game were there for all to see yesterday.

75Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:The thing is what impressed me yesterday was how much we kept the ball on the floor and rarely went for the direct route, ok we conceded 2 goals but the desire our players showed to keep playing it neatly across the floor and build from the back

Did we go to different games? The first half was a Coyle performance, we couldn't string two passes together and the defence was a shambles. Two Bristol attacks, two Bristol goals.

Fair enough, things changed in the second half but we were at home to Bristol City, not away at Cardiff or Leicester.

Jimmy Phillips should not be manager. He's a nice guy and I'm sick of nice guys. He also has no pull in the wider footballing community. No one is going to sign for BWFC to play for Jimmy Phillips.

Phillips out.

76Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't speak on the game but the goals had a passing element too them which has been rare of late.

but i think most of the JP push is sentiment.

77Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:55 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Looking at the stats and they are VERY good reading.

Jimmy Phillips

Played 1

Won 1

Lost 0

Drawn 0

100% win rate!!!!!!!

cheerscheerscheers

78Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't for the life of me understand all this talk of JP being the man for the job. He is a rookie and one game at home to Bristol city is hardly a good game to evaluate him. Then I hear this crap about the dream team of JP and SL - wtf. Sammy lee was the worst head coach we've ever had. I would rather have the chuckle brothers as joint managers, at least when we lose we can laugh at their antics off the field. Well ok maybe not laugh as they are shit.

79Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote: I would rather have the chuckle brothers as joint managers, at least when we lose we can laugh at their antics off the field. Well ok maybe not laugh as they are shit.

Didn't you once claim to be the small one from the Chuckle Brothers?

80Bolton's next manager - betting talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton's next manager - betting talk! Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote: I would rather have the chuckle brothers as joint managers, at least when we lose we can laugh at their antics off the field. Well ok maybe not laugh as they are shit.

Didn't you once claim to be the small one from the Chuckle Brothers?

Lol what a thing to say, no I have not, why would I claim to be him? You joker.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum