Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Covid now over?

+12
Whitesince63
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
dutchwhites63
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

181Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Aug 18 2023, 11:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Aren't we supposed to get wiser as we get older? Doesn't seem like it sometimes. 
However, if that is the case, then the wisdom passed down to us from Sluffy, shows he is doing well for being 193 years old.
Keep it up Sluffy, we hang on your every word.  Very Happy

182Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Aug 18 2023, 13:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The thing is Glos I don't want to be the wise one, what I want is for people to be better informed and think for themselves rather then believe their bias and prejudices.

W63 believes in right wing Libertarian polices, Hip Priest simply hates the Tories and believes everything against them.

All I'm saying is life isn't always black and white if you pin your colours to political (or religious) masts like these.

It's far easier finding out about stuff and making your decisions based on ALL the information, not just the one side of the story you want it to be.

I'm not a genius because I told W63 that Truss-economics doesn't work - before she disastrously did her mini budget, and I'm not wise by telling Hip Priest that there was no political involvement in the awarding of PPE contracts over three years ago now - simply because I found out the facts behind the both of them and had no axe to grind in supporting any political stance like they had.

It really isn't hard to look things up these days!

I do feel 193 years old at times though!

183Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Aug 18 2023, 17:20

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:The thing is Glos I don't want to be the wise one, what I want is for people to be better informed and think for themselves rather then believe their bias and prejudices.

W63 believes in right wing Libertarian polices, Hip Priest simply hates the Tories and believes everything against them.

All I'm saying is life isn't always black and white if you pin your colours to political (or religious) masts like these.

It's far easier finding out about stuff and making your decisions based on ALL the information, not just the one side of the story you want it to be.

I'm not a genius because I told W63 that Truss-economics doesn't work - before she disastrously did her mini budget, and I'm not wise by telling Hip Priest that there was no political involvement in the awarding of PPE contracts over three years ago now - simply because I found out the facts behind the both of them and had no axe to grind in supporting any political stance like they had.

It really isn't hard to look things up these days!

I do feel 193 years old at times though!
Sluffy, why do you insist on trying to pigeon hole people? I don’t believe in Right Wing Libertarian policies at all. There are plenty of what would be considered lefty views I agree with and I’m sure that’s where most people are. You attempt to polarise everything and then post reams of needless verbiage to try and prove you’re right. It’s a free country and people are entitled to their views so just accept that and stop trying to prove why they’re wrong all the time. Nobody cares. 🤔

184Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Sat Aug 19 2023, 00:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well fwiw...

You believe in Truss-economics (trickle down theory) - Libertarian policy.

You're against global warming measures such as ending the use of fossil fuel targets - Libertarian policy.

You were against Covid prevention measures such as lockdowns and mask wearing - Libertarian policy.

You are all for nationalism (make Britain great again, Brexit, the end of the EU, etc - Libertarian polices (MAGA, build the wall, etc).

You're against immigrants/immigration - Libertarian policy

You could see little wrong in Boris - a mistake to get rid of him - Boris told lie upon lie upon lie to remain - followers of Trump feel the same way about him even though he tried to usurp the Presidential Election result - Libertarian 'playbook' methods.

I'm sure you don't consider yourself to be Libertarian in any way shape or form but the simple fact is that all the key policy issues you have views on and expressed on here have all evolved from the right wing Libertarian think tanks and were first 'pushed' by Ted Cruz and the Republican Tea party group.

Once Trump became POTUS the Tea Party disbanded because they had finally got their Libertarian policies into the White House.

I pigeon hole you as a Libertarian because as the saying goes, if you look like a duck, walk like a duck and quack like a duck - the chances are that you ARE a duck - if you catch my drift...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-libertarianism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement

185Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 21 2023, 09:48

JacobBB

David Ngog
David Ngog

Today, covid is over. We don't need to worried about whether we will get covid any more. This virus is just as normal as some flu in our life now.

186Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 09:11

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So there we have it, Jennie Harris finally admits to what many of us already knew, that forced lockdowns were pointless and unnecessary. In her Telegraph article she insists that in any similar situations she wouldn’t enforce lockdowns but explain the situation and allow people to make there own judgements as they did in Sweden and as we were originally going to do before all the “experts” got involved. All that totally unnecessary cost, all that damage to people’s health, mental illness, hospital waiting lists, job losses, business closures and child’s disrupted education when we knew perfectly well that children were the least vulnerable of all. I hope you supporters are happy with the damage you assisted?

187Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 09:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

188Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 09:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:So there we have it, Jennie Harris finally admits to what many of us already knew, that forced lockdowns were pointless and unnecessary. In her Telegraph article she insists that in any similar situations she wouldn’t enforce lockdowns but explain the situation and allow people to make there own judgements as they did in Sweden and as we were originally going to do before all the “experts” got involved. All that totally unnecessary cost, all that damage to people’s health, mental illness, hospital waiting lists, job losses, business closures and child’s disrupted education when we knew perfectly well that children were the least vulnerable of all. I hope you supporters are happy with the damage you assisted?

We are all wiser in retrospect.

The government - and virtually every other country in the world did lockdowns - simply because they thought it was the right thing to do at the time.

Now they know differently.

What's the big deal about that???

Have you never made a mistake and learned from it afterwards?

And we assisted in doing damage???

We had no choice it was the law, you got fined if you didn't!!!

PS - I think even Bonce is now calling you a clown!

189Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 10:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

The government - and virtually every other country in the world did lockdowns - simply because they thought it was the right thing to do at the time.

More Nelson, than clown, Sluffy. Is Covid now over? - Page 10 1f600 

Is Covid now over? - Page 10 FJn1vcyXwAALosK

190Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 10:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think a sensible firebreak and return of masking is needed until we know more. 

Especially to protect our vulnerable members of society on benefits and burdened with the disease of drink and drug addiction.

191Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 10:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think a sensible firebreak and return of masking is needed until we know more. 

Especially to protect our vulnerable members of society on benefits and burdened with the disease of drink and drug addiction.

Very Happy

192Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 10:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:So there we have it, Jennie Harris finally admits to what many of us already knew, that forced lockdowns were pointless and unnecessary. In her Telegraph article she insists that in any similar situations she wouldn’t enforce lockdowns but explain the situation and allow people to make there own judgements as they did in Sweden and as we were originally going to do before all the “experts” got involved. All that totally unnecessary cost, all that damage to people’s health, mental illness, hospital waiting lists, job losses, business closures and child’s disrupted education when we knew perfectly well that children were the least vulnerable of all. I hope you supporters are happy with the damage you assisted?

To be fair I don’t think 63 has ever made a mistake as big as this.

Also I do remember many, many people rebelling and trying to open their shops, remember the hair salon owner being fined for repeatedly opening and allowing customers in her shop?

I’m sure there was also plenty a protest with people attending against lockdowns?

193Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 10:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think a sensible firebreak and return of masking is needed until we know more. 

Do you mean Scottish people? Surprised

194Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 10:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fwiw I had my Covid booster last week.

Got an appointment on the same day, so I thought maybe most people aren't bothered about having one these days?

I asked at the centre if they had been busy and they told me yes, everyone seems to be taking up the offer.

I don't actually know anyone who has though.

Anyone on here had one recently or is intending to do so?

195Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 10:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Do you mean Scottish people? Surprised

Out of order. 

Our drug deaths this year are down and are now on a par with the United States.

196Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 10:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Out of order. 

Our drug deaths this year are down and are now on a par with the United States.
Razz

197Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 10:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully, Hipster, Methadone Mick is now clean. Very Happy

198Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This bloke is a loon.

199Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 13:12

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

This bloke is a loon.
For being right you mean? It was obvious with what we knew from the start who was affected and who wasn’t yet we continued to throw out all the work we’d done on virus simulation to follow a path inflicted on us by those “experts” again who concocted a worst case scenario on everything rather than listening to more enlightened and experienced clinicians in heart, cancer and other illnesses who highlighted the dangers of lockdown. I listened very early on to a child medical expert who explained all the reasons that young children could not contract Covid yet all views like this were ignored. It wasn’t hindsight to know from the governments own information that the average age of death from Covid was actually higher than from all ailments. It wasn’t difficult therefore to understand that those at most risk, aged and the medically infirm should be protected whilst the majority of working age and younger members of the population were at little or no risk of serious consequences. None of this was hindsight Nat we already had that information so you tell me why we ignored it and caused the damage it has to both the population and the economy which will take generations to overcome? I may well be a loon to you but mainly because I was right and you can’t accept the fact you were conned.

200Is Covid now over? - Page 10 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Sep 25 2023, 13:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I may well be a loon to you but mainly because I was right and you can’t accept the fact you were conned.

I'm guessing if someone close to you had died from Covid you might feel differently.

There's a common theme running through your posts - "I'm alright, Jack".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum